Targeting oddness

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Whilhelmina, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's a bug or if it's me, but since the last patch, when I target something, it targets stuff around it. During the CL erollisi PQ, I noticed that targeting a flower would target other flowers around, like if they were grouped (one is direct target and other around it are "group members" of the first one).
    When targeting Dalron in Qeynos, I had the flower at his feet with a target ring around it too. It's very weird and odd.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also happens now with the Erollisi merchants, Steven and Douglas. The flowers that I always just thought were "set decoration" around their feet light up, too. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders if it's a recent thing overall, or a holiday thing, or an Erollisi thing? /puzzled
    Whilhelmina and Breanna like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here's an illustration around Douglas/Steven. Targetting Steven targets Douglas and the roses. I don't seem to have this happen with everything but erollisi day stuff.

[IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yep, still doing that and it does it for the PQ roses too.

(it's really cosmetic but it's weird)
  5. Chrol Developer

This is due to the flowers being part of the same encounter. Helps prevent lag. Essentially, we're spawning 1 vase with 5 flowers instead of spawning 5 vases with 1 flower in each vase.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks for the answer, if it's intended it's fine. I feared it was some kind of weird bug creeping in, hence creating the topic.
    Breanna likes this.