Tanking Question

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Danickar, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Danickar New Member

I am basically new to the game, having played a little when it first came out, years ago. Since that time I really started enjoying tanking in other games that I have played and wanted to create a tank here. I am not looking for "the best", I know that differs on a lot of variables and everyone's mileage can vary.

I have narrowed down my choices to Shadowknight and Beserker and just wanted to get some opinions/thoughts on what people think of those two classes.

Thanks for your time and feedback.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

What kind of server are you on? The answer will be different if you're on a TLE server.

Do you have a preference about being good or evil? SK can only be evil. Berserker can be either.

What do you want to do with the tank? If you're mainly looking to solo, either is viable with a merc. If you're looking to actually tank for groups, then a lot more information is needed.
  3. Danickar New Member

I'm on a normal server. I do not currently have the All Access so the other server options are not available to me.
    I tend to lean towards "evil" sides in these games. I was Horde in WoW, Sith in SWOTR, etc.
    None of my friends are currently playing this game, they are all playing ESO right now. I will be by myself a lot of the time I am sure. I honestly don't know what end game looks like, or even later stage before that. I don't know what opportunities are like for tanking in groups here in EQ, especially when you aren't a part of an established group. Ideally at some point I would like to tank for groups though.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Either one should be fine for you. SK probably has a little more DPS, but berserkers get a lof of AoE. For soloing, either one is going to be viable, especially with a merc. Without a merc, you might be better off with SK because you have some ability to heal yourself.