Tanking AA spec

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Eluril, May 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Eluril Guest

Hi,
    I regularly play with the same group of friends:

Me: Monk/Mystic
    1. Guardian/Ranger
    2. Illusionist/Warlock
    3. Berserker
    4. Templar
    5. Conjuror/Brigand

My friend with the Guardian/Ranger much prefers playing his Ranger, and I much prefer playing my Monk, so we are swapping roles, with me taking over the tanking duties.

After playing around with an AA calculator, this is what I am working towards :
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?c02s14...@1551@15@25@111
    Although, currently I only have 214AA, so am thinking of this to start:
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?c02s14...@1551@15@25@111

Is there anything major I am missing, or have screwed up with choosing?

I havent as yet specced into this - I cant face the idea of having to respec and reselect with all those confirmation boxes, so I am not sure what my stats would be with what tanking gear I currently have and plan to buy.
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Eluril wrote:
    The deflection and parry you got in your brawler tree is contested and useless you should drop those and get craneflock I'd also suggest you drop block chance as 10 aa's for 16% block chance is a joke when you can get 16% block chance on 1 single item in SF. On top of that you should get the flurry endline and enhanced craneflock as well as at least one point in our deathsave. In the monk tree you want the jab line maxed you also want the enhancements on our cure, you can drop the whole punch line for this as you dont really need the hit bonus. Shadows looks good for a tanking spec though you should get the enhanced raidwide before you get the enhanced Crescent Strike. All in all if you are just grouping I'd suggest you also work in a less defensive spec as well that you can AA mirror for when the berzerker is doing the tanking.

Something like this
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?c02r14...@1551@15@25@111
  3. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

The AA spent in DA and crit chance will probably become unneeded before you get to 250 AA. I am at about 225 atm and i am at about 100% on both with out only 4 in DA since i need it for CHI. witch i will be dropping sown anyway
  4. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Silzin wrote:
    Wrong crit chance and DA AA's will always be needed because as you progress in gear you can drop crit and da gear for crit bonus and potency.
  5. ARCHIVED-Eluril Guest

Thanks for the advice so far!
    The latter comments show an even greater relationship between AAs and gear than I have in my current DPSish spec.

I guess I need to run around and gather up all the tanking gear I can get, and see where I am with that before finalising just where I spend my AA's.

Thanks again, I certainly appreciate the advice!
  6. ARCHIVED-Selpone Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I agree;
    I got 2 peices of raid gear not too long ago, and they each were lower on Crit% and DA compared to the Legendary gear I was wearing. I got a pile of crit bonus and other desired affects, but it is something to consider.