Tank Shortage Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Keffin, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Aethos Well-Known Member

The reason for the shortage is probably the general policy of entrenching around the players and characters that the game currently has without really giving new or returning players much of a chance relative to them, an overall lack of balance fueled to the extreme by how much stats have runaway and just....

There's a lot. There are a lot of reasons. They just need to decide they care about enticing new players to play the game, because nostalgia mostly attracts solo players.

Which is fine, I guess. But I'd like to do group content. As it stands right now, since finding groups on AB takes so long and I'm way behind the potency curve due to not being up to date on ethereals (I'm at 520) which is a problem for a tank in particular, generally what happens is...I do my solo stuff, then I go play FFXIV for group stuff. I would rather spend more time in EQ2 doing co-op stuff (no, I don't want to change servers or join a guild) and the game just isn't built for that and there seems to be little interest in improving it on that front.

In a given game, there's usually a tank shortage just due to how much responsibility tends to inherently rest on the tank's shoulders. Healers are a runner up, but still not quite as much as tanks. This is further compounded by how entrenched the game has become and the general refusal to kinda update things across the board.

I mostly started playing again because nostalgia and I love Norrath. But the same problems that killed the game for me in Velious are still present, and are worse. But at least soloing current content is way more fun now than it was then, so there's that. But there's pretty much *only* that.

I guess it'll be nice to do heroic stuff in a year or two when I've finally caught up on ethereal tokens. Sure would be nice to not have to wait so long though.
    Rattophaxe likes this.
  2. Keffin Member

Thanks for all the good feedback. I am settling in more and I am coming to see your points as I play more.