tank bracelet worth attuning?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Renoen Shadowspawn, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Renoen Shadowspawn Guest

Hello all, i've got a tank wrist piece. it has a 2k target encounter proc pestilential rain II.. thinking about trading it out for the ley lime brace i currently wear. it has 4% pet crit chance on it which is very critical to me i think. pet crit chance is at 43% crit bonus 30% and potency around 90. working on raising pet crit chance to it'll crit more often than not rather than less than 50% of the time. not making the crit bonus effective. anyone know if losing 4 pet crit chance lowering it to 39% to equip the 2k target encounter proc wrist piece is worth it? also have 3 other target encounter proc pieces so this'll make 4.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rhadamanthys Guest

I'd say sell the tank piece and buy a better mage one, preferably a piece that adds stats to you because conjurors benefit a lot more by using pet gear than necros. We do the majority of the damage, whereas our pets do only a small portion of it. Also, the procs don't really add much dps. If it triggers about 2 times per minute, that's 4k damage over a minute, or about 66 dps per mob in an encounter.
  3. ARCHIVED-Renoen Shadowspawn Guest

ya at the rate of 66dps per mob it sounds like a very bad idea. that's actually terrible for such a good proc. 2k target encounter is pretty rare proc! guess i'll let tank upgrade his bracelet. was just curious cause a but mordachai used the scout version of that bracelet nstead of something with pet buffs. he also knew the class well and did the research b4 attuning but i haven't seen him to ask why!? :( ah well. but also i'm all pet buffs now minus 2 target encounter proc pieces (1 has pet buffs to). but i'd have to say my pet out dps me. its stats are higher than mine.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rhadamanthys Guest

Well, if all your gear is for your pet, then your pet will probably out dps you. But comparatively, if your pet had same pot/cb/etc. you should do more. Try to work for getting crit bonus and pot gear for yourself, and if it has pet stats with it, then the better.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Mind telling us which item it is exactly?
  6. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Rhadamanthys wrote:
    I (almost) agree. For a necro, pot >> crit bonus. Pot is the only blue stats that affect DoT ticks and with Master Strike being our biggest hit, crit bonus isn't that "hot" for necros. (it's not useless tho, if you have the choice between +1 Pot or +8 crit bonus, crit bonus is still better)
    On a side note, not all "pet effects" are equal. I would sacrifice some personal stats for Power Flux, Destructive Forces, Empowered Minion or Molten Carnage (and even things like Minion's Resilience or Stone Defence for soloing only) but Quicksilver Blood or Summoned Vengeance aren't worth it if it means losing a sizable chunk of stats for yourself.