Tank aggros mobs, but mobs make a bee-line for my pet.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Kuddain, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Yadarya wrote:
    this happens to my defiler's little doggy . (grey mobs hate doggy.) i don't know what zones this has happened but it has happened enough that the devs should be able to make it happen, too.

they also made a bee-line for my poor doggy when i was running through red zones for tradeskill stuff. he was not on auto attack, nor was he on protect me (obviously). they should have run after me but they ran after him, which then took me off my mount bc now i was "engaged". in those zones, based on my level, they are either going to one-shot me or i am going to out-run them. the doggy getting attacked was slowing down my run speed bc now i was "in combat". maybe they would have one-shotted me instead but i have been able to out-run them more than they kill me so i'll never know. lol. the zones were rise of kunark & sentinel's fate.
  2. ARCHIVED-ghettobooster Guest

Oh gods, this was happening to me on the pull with the 3 sisters in the Cella last night. I could not figure out what was going on, at first I thought I just goofed and accidently sent my pet in. It only happened in that spot. The rest of the dungeons we did I had no issues.

Also, it isn't from the teamwork AA buff, as I am a total noob and don't have that ability.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chirmaya Guest

Conjie, but same issue here.
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdak Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Valdak Guest

Nrgy wrote:
    You Think?? Turn on protect and get hit, what a novel idea. Thanks for that helpful advise, I bet that since he is in thrones maybe he's been a necro long enough to know that little trick.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Valdak wrote:
    This was rumored to exsist before but I was never ale to reproduce the issue when testing it.
    However, since the AA Revamp and the addition of Teamwork this is now the norm rather than the exception. If the Pet has Teamwork, which is a group/raid buff, then the mobs Bee-line to it when the tank pulls. the tank needs to snap it back or the pets going to go down followed closely by the summoner.
    I have 3 AA specs loaded on to mirros ... 1 with teamwork & 2 without teamwork.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

It would seem that Teamwork and other buffs in the AGI line are causing the pet to have insane aggro.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yadarya Guest

Has there been any acknowledgement anywhere that this problem has been recognised and is being looked into? I've been reading around and this seems to be an issue, not only for necros, but for conjies, mystics, and defilers as well. The experience while playing the necro, or while playing a tank with a necro has become incredibly frustrating.
  9. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Thank God, lol. Every since GU 61 hit I have been having this issue and could not figure out what was going on! I was in a contested Kael group today and literally every mob the tank engaged instantly locked onto my pet and ran for it. I kept getting yelled at for attacking too early yet i was purposily waiting longer than I normally do because it seemed to be such a problem. This has happened in tofs and velks to name a few.
    In addition to this I am also getting agro even when others engage and I do not. I know in raids thats how it works but in groups that tend to be iffy, sometimes I hold back 5 seconds or so to make sure the tanks not gonna get one shotted first and I can save an FD but now the INSTANT the tank (or anyone really) gets agro, I instantly go into combat. I wondered if teamwork had something to do with it. I tried not casting Cabalistic Concersion and it seemed to not happen atleast as much but if I do cast it at any point then it starts up again.
  10. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Not a necro but I thought I'd throw in my corroborating comments. I was tanking one of the Kael zones the other night and one of our group members was a necro. On a number of occasions as I body pulled mobs back trying to get them away from their buds, I'd immediately see the mobs switch their target to the necro pet before I was even remotely close to being back to the group position. The pet was standing back with the group behind the necro, not attacking. (I didn't realize this at first but after grumbling about necro pets it came out in the conversation that he hadn't engaged.) The biggest problem was that on several of the pulls it also seemed to create a hostile action so that the social mobs around also came with.
    Something very peculiar going on in the petland aggro department.
  11. ARCHIVED-Glenolas Guest

Kuddain wrote:
    I tested this issue and answered it in another similar thread. Repeating here:
    You are doing nothing wrong, and you cannot remove any buff to fix it. It is clearly bugged.
    It is 100% reproducible by anyone wanting to test.
    On any body pull of any aggro mob, if everyone in the group remains passive, the mob will ALWAYS target the necro pet and attack it, even if it runs throught the tank and the entire remaining group to get to it, and even if the pet it set to stand there and die before casting a single point of damage.
    Of course, the non bugged action would have been for the mob to attack whoever body pulled. It won't.
    I tested dozens of combos. I removed all necro pet buffs, then every buff of any sort the necro had on himself or the group, then all the necro's gear, and tried every necro pet. I body pulled with the tank, the defiler, the illy, and the necro. 100% of the time the mob immediately ran to the necro pet and began beating on it. Since I had the pet set to passive, it would eventually get killed and the mob would start on the necro, not the person closest to it.
    At no time, in any test, did the necro pet inflict a single point of damage on the mob, even when it was being beaten to death.
    The defiler could preward the pet, and heal the pet while it was being attacked. Neither of these actions drew aggro, even though they should have normally, given nobody else doing anything to generate hate. I could not pull the mob off the necro pet with the healer doing heals. Similarly, the illy had breeze constantly running, and manaflowed the pet while it was being attacked. No aggro. Nothing short of active damage motivated the mob to leave the necro pet.
    Some have suggested the Teamwork endline as being the villian. I'm doubtful. Depending on the pet type that is up, it adds a small buff to the group. (MA, potency, or mitigation). I assure you, the paladin, defiler, and illy all had far more of the same type of buff up on the group, and it ran right past them to get to the pet. If it is Teamwork, for some reason not stated on the spell description, you cannot cancel it. It's a passive AA, always up if you have a pet up. I'm not going to respec to find something a dev should be able to find on his own.
    You will just have to accept that the necro pet is going to be the stopping point on all body pulls, even accidental ones, and have the tank pull it off once the mob is clear of whatever other mobs caused him to body pull in the first place, rather than just taunting from the get go. Generally speaking, the pet will survive.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Sorry if I missed someone mentioning it but I believe the problem is this: tank aggros mob, mob hits tank, damage is absorbed/mitigated from buff provided by pet, pet gets aggro. Which is why an idle pet can still draw aggro on a pull. Absorbing an AOE certainly can't be good for keeping low aggro!
  14. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Glenolas wrote:
    This is still happening as of today.
  15. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

I just reset all of my AA's while in the group to get rid of Teamwork and guess what? Now my pet is not drawing ANY aggro during body pulls.
  16. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Update : I added points back into the Agility line, 4, 10, 10 and did not take Teamwork. I am not having the aggro issue at all now. I was concerned that Cabalist's Cover may have been the culprit, but I am convinced now that it is indeed Teamwork.
  17. ARCHIVED-Queaden Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    It's a definate problem - I was doing a heritage quest yesterday in Nek Castle - I watched my pet get agro as it did nothing, just before the tank engaged.
    If I seen this right - it appeared that the mob wandered into the pet's agro range prior to the tank engaging - I think that's what caused it, but I can't say for sure.
  18. ARCHIVED-Juravael Guest

Day Two Testing : I ran most of the day today on my Necromancer using the AA setup that I posted above without the Teamwork ability and I never got aggro once from the tank.
  19. ARCHIVED-LostSerpant Guest

its due to a buff which the pet has on it when you first spawn it only found it does it with the mage pet,
    its been bugged for a long time even with protect me OFF and protect itself OFF best thing id say is on pull put it in defence then when tank gets aggro pet in offence bit more work but if your sick of your pet getting owned its worth doing :)