T9 rares? What are they?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-BabyAngel, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-BabyAngel Guest

I don't have the expansion... and I produce a rare usage guide on my server, of course I need to add the t9 rares and what class they go for now, but I have no idea what they are. I know loam is now missing?

Anyone care to fill me in so I can add them to the usage guide, my mailbox is full of books and I can't update them!
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Eucalyptus Lumber, Flawless Diamonds, Raw Kaborite (Kaborite something...), and I"m not sure what the others are yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Ulteran diamond, not flawless diamond; and kaborite cluster, not raw kaborite. There was a spire building quest item called raw kaborite which is shortly going to be renamed to avoid that confusion.
    EQ2Traders has a good guide up, as usual (the names were actually announced last Fan Faire, back in July)
  4. ARCHIVED-BabyAngel Guest

Thanks domino :)! I searched there site. Any idea what the cluster is going to be renamed to yet? When will the renaming take place? I don't want to put these guides out and have them recalled!
    On the subject of what rare goes for what class, nothings changing apart from brellium ore taking the place of loam?
  5. ARCHIVED-BabyAngel Guest

Can anyone tell me what I got wrong, am assuming somethings wrong.
    On that, is the new rare pelt used for a new rare notebook?
    I will hold out releasing the new version of the rare usage guide notebook on my server till the rare names are stable :) so will wait a week. Please someone help me make this right :) Its hard getting it right with all the changes.
    Tier 9

~Gem~
    Ulteran Diamond:
    Priest adept IIIs, caster jewelry, furniture

~Soft metal~
    Kaborite cluster:
    mage adept IIIs, tank jewelry, furniture

~Ore~
    Brellium ore:
    weapons, chain/plate armor, furniture, metal shields

~Wood~
    Eucalyptus lumber:
    wooden weapons, shields, furniture

~Roots~
    Toxnettle Root:
    cloth armor, hex dolls, belt, scarf, furniture (1 rug)

~Leather Pelts~
    Spotted pelt:
    leather armor, backpack, belt, ranged, notebook, containers^

~Imbue~
    Ethereal Material:
    weapons, chest/legs of armor, shields, hex dolls, rings, short-duration adornments

~Loam~ (NB: Loam now replaced with Ore)
    Brellium Ore:
    fighter & scout adept IIIs

~Dust*~
    Ethereal Dust? (Unsure)
    rare potions/poisons
  6. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

BabyAngel wrote:
    Not Ore .. Clusters & Gems. From EQ2traders ..
    Scholars

The biggest thing to note is that there are no loams in tier 9. Alchemists will use kaborite clusters to make fighter Experts, jewelers will use ulteran diamonds to make scout Experts. (This change was announced at the Fan Faire and discussed in the SOE forums several times since then.) There is ZERO loam change to earlier tiers, this is only a Tier 9 change.
    We're all sharing the same node and 2 Rares for spells.
  7. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Tier 9

~Gem~
    Ulteran Diamond:
    Priest experts, Scouts experts

~Soft metal~
    Kaborite cluster:
    Mage experts, Fighters experts

~Ore~
    Brellium ore:
    weapons, chain/plate armor, furniture, metal shields, jewelry

~Wood~
    Eucalyptus lumber:
    wooden weapons, shields, furniture

~Roots~
    Toxnettle Root:
    cloth armor, hex dolls, belt, scarf, furniture

~Leather Pelts~
    Spotted pelt:
    leather armor, backpack, belt, ranged, notebook, containers

~Imbue~
    Ethereal Material:
    weapons, chest/legs of armor, shields, hex dolls, rings, short-duration adornments

~Dust*~
    Ethereal Dust
    rare potions/poisons
  8. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

I really don't know why they just don't go back to the way it was in t5 and you could use any of the metals for any adept 3.
    It is pretty dumb pigeon holeing certian classes into certian rares....especially since it is different across tiers.
    You dumbed down rest of game...mide as well dumb this down too.
  9. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

BabyAngel wrote:
    The rare isn't going to be renamed, that's not what I said. The quest item will be, nothing you need to worry about.
    As others have already said, ore is not used for any spells for any class. All this information is on EQ2traders and most likely also Zam and other sites too.
  10. ARCHIVED-BabyAngel Guest

I am not good with navigating the sites to find what I need... :) Sorry, I tried. I don't have the expansion so its not like I can go out and check myself, its expensive... and I live outside of the US so the price doubles.
    Sorry for mis-understanding of the name change,
    Ty all for the corrections :) I will try fill in my book and send it out to all the Q guilds once again on my server.
  11. ARCHIVED-BabyAngel Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Thank you so much I had forgotten to change the word Adept III to experts, I last edited the book in September 09, so its due for a overhaul.
  12. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

So the spell rare for all 4 archetypes come off the same node? That seems to be beyond stupid. That was the solution to the loam problem?
  13. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Qandor wrote:
    The complaints were that 2 archetypes had it easier/cheaper to get Experts because only one archetype needed their rare. Now they're roughly all the same.
  14. ARCHIVED-Skywarrior Guest

Qandor wrote:
    No. One (diamond) comes from hard metal node and the other (kaborite) from soft metal node.
  15. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Skywarrior wrote:
    Yeah, I thought the same thing when I heard about it.
    Lets solve the problem with loam being so rare by eliminating it and forcing all the classes to 2 rares for adepts. /boggle
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Skywarrior wrote:
    No, they do both come off the same node. Gems and soft metal are from the node that, in Sundered Frontier (not sure about the others), looks like a small mound with a yellow flame.
    Berrylium is the rare hard metal that comes from the ore node. It is the ONLY rare on that node.
    If you are looking for a rare for Experts and you get "titanium ore" (green coloured metal icon), you're harvesting the wrong node. If you get a orange disc (amber) or silvery metal (quicksilver cluster) icon, then you are harvesting the right node.
  17. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Skywarrior wrote:
    There are no soft metal nodes first of all. Both amber (common gem) and quicksilver (common soft metal) come off the gem nodes (molten formation) and I presume so to do diamond and kaborite (haven't harvested either as of yet). Brellium is the ore rare. That leaves one node for 4 archetypes. As for that now being "fair" well I guess it is but that doesn't make it suck any less for everyone. Having the entire population focused on a single node while other node types are of little interest seems a bit absurd. I just cannot understand the reasoning behind this move.
  18. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

The change was supposed to equalize the market, but I've had 2 Kaborite clusters in the time I got 8 diamonds. That by itself could be a fluke, but everyone I've talked to is experiencing the same thing.
    I'm a scout so I don't really mind it, but I'm also an alchemist and I would like to increase the number of commisions I'm doing.
  19. ARCHIVED-anvilc Guest

There is a bug with the rares (the 10 quicksilver rare "event" should give a kaborite cluster, but currently gives an ulterian diamond instead) that is scheduled to be fixed next hotfix. So yeah, right now ulterian diamonds are a lot more common (75/25 with 3 of the 4 rare "events" resolving to be the diamonds), but will be fixed soon.
  20. ARCHIVED-Alienor Guest

I still do not understand why we can't have one rare for all spells or use all rares for experts as someone mentioned above. There is most probably a good reason for this I just fail to see.