T9 harvesting: Complaint

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Summona, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

LivelyHound wrote:
    I'm glad you've found that to be the case. In my experience, it's a massive waste of 5AA. I spent a month harvesting pretty heavy, all in the same zone, all around the same spots, then used an ACT plugin to parse all the harvesting logs. I then took that data and put it into a spreadsheet. The distribution of pull type (1,3,5,10,rare) is far different on the 2nd pull than the initial pull.
    -- If the 2nd pull was a copy of the first pull, it would be far more useful. 99% of the time however, you get far LESS out of the 2nd pull than you did out of the first.. Nothing like seeing a 10+Rare, and get (1) root as the 2nd pull.. .oh goodie!
    -- in 4 weeks of heavy harvesting, I NEVER got a rare as the 2nd pull.
    -- 5pts AA ended up adding 4-6% to the VOLUME harvested over a 4 week data collection period of thousands of pulls.
    I ended up spec'ing out of Bountiful Harvest because it ended up bugging me far more than it was useful.
  2. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    Bountiful Harvest does not affect rare harvest, raws only. Pretty sure if someone wants to spend the time searching that Domino confirmed that when the AA ability was released and that was asked.
  3. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Bountiful harvest doesn't affect your chance of a rare, but you get 15% more pulls of anything. Thus you have 15% more chance of a rare. You can get Pull: Rare Bountiful Harvest: Rare from the one mouse click. Thus tha actual chance per pull is identical but bountiful harvest gives you 15% more pulls for your time... thus 15% more chance at a rare.
  4. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Ynnek@Kithicor wrote:
    Traxor posted approx 450 pulls on brellum nodes versus approx 3400 for spell rares. I showed he came out with the same rate of rares for brellium as the others if he harvested nodes at equal rates, 0.5%. I did just spot a mistake however and it comes out 0.37%, but then he does have a small sample size on brellium nodes. But to say that the brellium rare rate is 10 times lower, no I don't believe they would do that.
    He also came out with an all node rare rate of approx 1%, which is identical to mine.
    The only reason brellium seems rarer is because people harvest at a rate of 7 molten nodes to 1 infused node and thats because, I'm betting, everyone harvests in the same two places I do.
  5. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

Bah, I mixed up quicksilver and titanium ore from Traxor's data in my head while skimming. I'm mostly outta this thread until I can give it the attention it deserves. Screwing up basic math twice in one thread is embarassing.... Thanks for catching it.
    I still believe the brellium rate to be deliberatly lower. But not by the extreme amount I initially suspected. Other people have long been saying it's 1/3rd or 1/2 the rate of spellcasting rares, I'm content with that assessment until I have more data.
    LivelyHound wrote:
    I won't say it's the 'only' reason, but it is a large contributing factor. Most of the harvesters I see running about frequently only hit the molten formations because they're after spellcasting rares.
    BTW: To Traxor, or anyone else who has made a dedicated harvesting run at known skill levels. I'd dearly love to see your actual logs from the run. My parser splits out a lot more data than the ACT harvesting plugin, and if there's any way you'd be willing to toss it my way, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure we could come up with a way to filter out any chat, etc, if that's a concern (*). Heck, if you're on Kith I'll pay you plat for em (**). Toss me a PM if you're at all willing to share, thanks...
    (I'd also be interested in log data from a thousands of pulls even at unknown skill levels).
    -Ken

* Believe me, I have no interest in reading your private tells. Hell, most of the time I don't even want to read *my* private tells....
    ** Pointless gesture, I know. You just harvested 40 rares at 10p a piece. Me kicking you 10p for your logs is kinda piddly by comparison.
  6. ARCHIVED-Summona Guest

Type# Collects% Collects# Items% ItemsAvg Items/Collect# Rares% Rares
    All4194100.00%9503100.00%2.2744100.00%
    amber198547.33%450247.37%2.2700.00%
    brellium ore10.02%10.01%1.0012.27%
    caynar nut10.02%10.01%1.0000.00%
    ethereal material501.19%500.53%1.0000.00%
    kaborite cluster190.45%190.20%1.001943.18%
    kejekan palmfruit20.05%80.08%4.0000.00%
    Marr cherry10.02%50.05%5.0000.00%
    mottled pelt320.76%860.90%2.6900.00%
    quicksilver cluster195846.69%448747.22%2.2900.00%
    spotted pelt10.02%10.01%1.0012.27%
    titanium ore1212.89%3203.37%2.6400.00%
    ulteran diamond230.55%230.24%1.002352.27%
  7. ARCHIVED-kdmorse Guest

New run, same skill as before (598)?
  8. ARCHIVED-Summona Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Summona Guest

Sorry for my lack of posts however. I still want to keep this up and call into question if this harvesting gain was "intended" to not be very worth completing all of the time consuming effort to attain the items scattered about that actually help your harvesting.