Fixed Internally Synergy Successful Message

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zhevally, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

After the patch, I am still not getting synergy successful messages. I do now get failure messages, which stop when synergy goes off successful. However not getting a success message.
    AvenElonis, Azilarir, Kaladz and 8 others like this.
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

I seem to get in sometimes but not others times, so its still bugged somehow.
    Xianthia and Twyla like this.
  3. Mineeme Member

We did some trial runs. It's not clear exactly what's happening, but the best guess is that only one person in the group gets the success message. For all of these examples, synergy actually succeeded.

We could not find a pattern for who gets the success message. Like -
    Is it always a certain class? No.
    Is it the first or second or last person to cast? No.
    Is it the last of the four classes to cast? Maybe?

And the failure message is back even when synergy succeeds. Quick scan of the log file and I see the failure message occur for me one second after I cast mine but before all four classes have casted theirs. There are examples where I do not see either my fail or success message. I think this may occur when someone from my class has already casted theirs. (My logs are a little hard to interpret since one of our group members did not do a group tell when they casted theirs.)
    Jinksie, Twyla and Bludd like this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

seems to be only last person who casts synergy in group gets the successful and fading messages

is this intended?
    Cropster and Kaladz like this.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I finally got one message, and it was when only a scout, mage, fighter had gone before me(looking in logs to verify the landing message). However I have had times where I was last and got neither a success or a failure message(and times where I wasn't quite last and still got neither).
    I do get the synergy applying and fading message for each individual person always though.
    Bludd likes this.
  6. Mineeme Member

Since it's been like 4 months (including beta) with no resolution on this, I've modified my Synergy plugin for ACT to provide a work around for the missing messaging. The plugin will now announce "synergy hit" if it just sees appropriate /gsay messages. It cannot tell whether synergy actually hit.

The new mode is enabled by default, but can be turned off on the plugin's tab.

How it works: each group member needs to make a macro for their Balanced Synergy spell that adds a command to say, in group, the phrase "balanced synergy" and their archtype - fighter, mage, priest, scout. Examples:

/g balanced synergy fighter
    /g mage balanced synergy
    /g Balanced Synergy - Scout
    /g balanced synergy priest

When the plugin sees messages from all four archtypes, it announces "synergy hit". You can then look in your maintained spells, and / or whatever support your custom UI provides to see whether Balanced Synergy is actually active.

I released the first version so I could get some help testing it. It currently tends to announce "synergy hit" twice. I think I see how to fix that, but will be watching for other anomalies in the short term before another update.

If you already have the plugin, it should offer to update when you start ACT. If you do not have it, it is in the [Get Plugins] button's list. The [Get Plugins] button is in the upper right corner of the "Plugins" / "Plugin Listing" tabs in ACT.
    Jinksie, Bludd, AvenElonis and 2 others like this.
  7. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Adding to this, I seem more likely to get the successful message if I hit my synergy later(though I don't always get it if I go last).
    I never get the message when I go first though. I do get it more often on my fighter than my priest(though I think that's just me being more likely to cast later on the fighter or being more likely to be the only one of my archetype on the fighter)

Looking in the maintained window will not actually tell you if it is active. It stays there for the entire duration of your cast. So the only way to really tell without the message is by looking at your stats.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

Yes only one person in group gets the synergy successful message in log
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Mineeme had to modify his Synergy Addon for ACT due to the missing confirmation message for Synergy being completed by all 4 classes.

With Synergy being needed for heroic zones - this really needs to get fixed.
    Jinksie and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Yes, still broken. The work-around mentioned above works well, but not great.