Syllock

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Deggial, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Deggial Guest

From the EQ2 Roleplayer's Union page, I found this piece:

"But something arose during the days after the Shattering that spawned a new religion amongst the iksar. This new religion pays homage not to a god born in the planes, but a god born on Norrath! This god is called Syllokk. Syllokk is a deity the Iksar of the present regime have come to worship. They believe it to be a consortium of the spiritual force of every Iksar that has passed on. Syllokk has never been seen, but they believe it to be some amorphous being with hints of a multitude of Iksar faces that appear and disappear constantly. Syllkok is, of course, a highly intelligent, arrogant and callous deity, quite the epitome of an evil god. Syllokk was born of them and they shall all some day be Syllokk."

Now, my character, being disappointed by Cazic Thule has followed such a belief, but since I am not familiar with EQ's mythology, I wonder if anyone had more information and sources.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xylanic Guest

I bet Syllock is Danak. I would bet money on it.
  3. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

Is there any ingame evidence to support the existence of this religion? I haven't spent much time in the Scale Yard so I wouldn't know but your post makes it sound like you're basing this completely off what some roleplaying website says....
  4. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

That RP site actually got the info partly from here http://eq2.primagames.com/iksar.html Seeing as that site was promoted by Sony in the pre-order kit, id have to think the information was true. I have not spoken to many Iksar in game though, so I dont know if there is any mention of him.
    Reading that site over again, I cant find the part of Syllock, however I do remember reading it from there... maybe it has been taken out? Not sure..
    Message Edited by Kamimura on 11-14-2004 10:40 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

Yeah, that's not the information they used to have, but I remember reading it a while ago and don't remember anything about a "Syllock" or any new religion.

Maybe someone else does though....
  6. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

It seems like a few things were taken out. I have the complete article saved on my computer. The above paragraph was in there, the last paragraph under the fath section. I notice also, the naming conventions were left out as well. Actually, it seems the name section was removed from all the races.. strange..