Sword&Board

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Destraum Guest

Thalesian wrote:
    /fail. It's far simpler to do your job and learn to play your class properly than to have the dps "hold back" because you can't hold agro. If you have a Coercer/Dirge/scout xfer in your group and your tanking something. There should be absolutely no reason you should be losing agro to a DPS class once you have built up sufficient agro. Berserkers have the necessary tools to do the job they need to do. And lets not forget, "letting" the DPS die because you can't hold agro also increases the fight because virtually every named out there this expac heals/death. So, continue to follow that thought and make things more dificult for yourself, or, do what you need to do to do your job properly.
    Things I would suggest you do is get a 2nd set of armor that IF your forced to go Def on a mob, adorn said set with hate and other such items. Secondly, get a Virulent Ire adornment and apply it to a second ranged weapon item. They drop aplenty in Thrones and this way you can swap it in/out during a fight to use if/when needed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thalesian Guest

Roehl@Guk wrote:
    Lol, you fool. I'm not talking about myself, i'm talking in general. So take your childish '/fails' somewhere else.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Roehl@Guk wrote:
    Most of us in here do know how to play our class properly. What was being said is there is a group dynamic and sometimes its necessary for DPS classes to slow down just a bit.
    Like you said IF you have a Coercer/Dirge/scout xfer you shouldn't have a problem with aggro. And you're right, when I have a great group setup and all those tools, I have absolutely no issues with aggro at all. In any stance or whether I'm DW'ing or using a shield. But we all know that you don't always have a perfect group.
    Personally I have a mixture of adorns with some hate gain%, CC, crit mit, DPS mod...Whatever is needed to make myself effective.I also keep all my snaps and taunts timed well so if I do lose aggro I can get it right back. Like we're supposed to do. Roehl I know you're smart enough to understand that some people you group with will make your job harder than it should be.
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

If you slow down your DPS then you should go guardian, they reduce the groups hate by 25%, then reduce a targets hate by 75%, then transfers 15% Threat from anyone to you, making it much easier to hold aggro and not have your group fall back on DPS.

Berserkers are a class made for "Keep fighting and don't hold back" If you hold back your groups and your own DPS, then you lower your OWN survivability and offensive capabilitys, making it harder on yourself, your group, and your healer. They are simply not made for holding back, just look at every ability a berserker has.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Who said anything about holding back my own DPS??? I've never entertained the idea of going guardian nor will I. For you of all people to tell someone to change classes is hilarious.
  6. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Zeuhl27 wrote:
    Since you get DPS from your allies "not holding back" you are.
    And its a very good thing, especially if you want to hold back DPS, if you go guardian, you won't have too!
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

how about you go guard and stop littering the forum with trash.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

My apologies, I forgot that Talathion is the best zerker WW...