Switching to alternate appearance

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Brenlaw, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Brenlaw New Member

Returning players, we have encountered a bit of a road block with alternate appearance.
    A female human warden. Select Options and tick the alternate appearance box, but when returning to character select, there is no way to revise their physical appearance. The change appearance button is not there. If you click on alternate appearance, it toggles back to original models. Do we have any way forward here?
  2. Brenlaw New Member

To clarify my question...

In the character select screen, if I check the alternate appearance tick box for Human Female, the "Set Appearance" button gets removed. If I UNselect the alt appearance tick box for Human Female, the Set Appearance option pops back into view. This doesn't happen for other races.

Anyone know why this might be happening?
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

If these are old characters, it could be that you have already set the alternate appearance.

It's been a long time since I bothered with setting alternate appearances (I exclusively use the original appearances and had set the SOGA appearances way back when we first got them), but used to be that the "set appearance" button was only there until you'd set an appearance for that set of models. Then it would disappear.

However, you can always go into the main cities in the game and pay the barber for a "shave and haircut" which allows you to reset your appearance. They are super cheap, something like 1 gold and a couple silver. Just make sure you are using the appearance (or illusion) you wish to customize when you use the item.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Brenlaw New Member

Thank you for the reply, we will try the barber !
    Finora and Rosyposy like this.
  5. DidraDamagi New Member

I just come back to game today, after many years of afk from the game. So I tested out the Alternate Appearance (wish I didn't press that button :mad: as I can't change back to my old look, it show old look then back the the new look, sux
    Can't find the old hairstyle, eyes, color of the skin, very disappointed
  6. DidraDamagi New Member

Suddenly it's all sorted and I got my old style/look on my character.. pheew :D
  7. Shtraka New Member

How did you get the old look back? I have had this toon almost 20 years... I want his original appearance back!
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Open up your options window while you are in game, select the alternate appearance button on that window. That brings you to a window where you can select individual races/sexes alternate or old appearances.