Swimming and flying...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...especially flying mounts, since Swimming doesn't really require an item, but it's probably similar (moving in three dimensions):

There are times I can control my swimming character or my flying mount using the left mouse button, to do smooth curving turns, go up, go down, etc.; other times I can't. Is it something to do with my level? I've got a 100/100 that can't do the mouse button movement. Is it something to do with the mount (though Swimming seems to be affected, too, though truth to tell, I've always found it much easier to swim with just Home and End keys)? Is it something I'm missing in Options? :-/

Uwk
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Try the EQ2 menu (bottom left corner), Options, Controls and set Free Look Controls to "View Relative" and see if that helps.
    Or use the right mouse button for steering.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Is this with the same character sometimes working and sometimes not?
    Are you by any chance toggling the forward movement?
    It seems you can only steer with the left button if you are pressing a forward key or button at the same time or pressing both the left and right buttons (the latter makes you move forward as well as letting you steer.)

All in all I think the right button works better for steering (unless you are using it for something else.)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, it doesn't go directly to Free Look Controls from Controls, so I looked under Mouse Settings, just out of curiosity, and there is something there called "Mouse Button That Turns Character" and it's currently set to Right Button on this character that I'm currently looking at (who can't turn smoothly while flying, though I'll try with the right button), so that could be it? :-/

Yep! That's it! Using the right button did the smooth turns, etc. that I like. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Glad you got it sorted. :)

I missed a step because I had all the categories under Controls already opened. :rolleyes:
    It's Controls/View_Options/Free_Look_Controls
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Well, no worries; I think I found what I needed. Thanks again! :D

Uwk