SWG added to Station Access

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-VyvSilvertongue, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Galahan Guest

hehe wasnt me that said that.... i keep getting "page loaded with errors" whenever i load up these forums.. i cant ever actualy "reply" to a message withough being drastic. Just copied/pasted my own version of a "quote" from someone else =D The bolded part of thta was what i was talking about =D

p.s. Jibbrish.. As long as both your SWG and EQ2 accounts are under the same login name/password you whont lose anything, its the people that have 1 Login/pass for EQ2 and a different one for SWG that will lose one or the other and have to start from scratch with new CD key's. Thats unless SOE changes their polacy.
    Message Edited by Galahan on 01-18-2005 03:45 PM
  2. ARCHIVED--Tingtong- Guest

I'm sold, I always liked farting around with the game. Granted it was buggy and PvP sucked, But still was fun roaming around killing stuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vindicis Guest

I just spoke with CS and they combined my two accounts into one with no problems. The downside was they completely closed one of my accounts meaning you lose everything on that account then they just reissue you a new CD key for the game on the old account. I had SWG, EQ2 on one account and EQ on the other, had them delete the EQ account and got a new cd key to add to my current account. All in all, I was very satisified with the help they gave me.
  4. ARCHIVED-acidkiss1 Guest

I have eq, eqoa and swg as well. EQ and EQOA on one account and SWG and EQ2 on another. With this move they need to do something to allow us to merge accounts without having to scrap our characters and buy new games.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galahan Guest

you dont have to buy new games. They give you a New CD key for the game you wish to "transfer" (and as far as i know, you also get new expansion CD keys for any expansions registerd to the old name) The only thing your going to Lose are the Time and effort you put into Characters that they will NOT transfer over along with the CD keys.. all you get are the CD keys.. nothing else.

Loseing something that you spent 1year or more on will be to mutch for some people and will force them to either continue as they are with seperate names/bills, Or they will simply never get the Station pass or try out the other / new games that may come out withogh having to Cancle a subscription that they already have.

SOE is trying to revitalized SWG by adding it to the Station pass... But as the Station pass never came out till almost a year after Planetside (their second MMO game after EQ1) came out, alot of people had already been makeing new names for seperate games if for no other reason than to protect their accounts by not having the same name/password. (gotta love teh hacker infested world we live in) So instead of Rescuing SWG... SOE may actualy bring to a better light the mess that alot of people currently have on their hands.

Not many people are willing to lose the time and efford they put into something just to save 8 bucks.
  6. ARCHIVED-DrTeeeeeee Guest

Has there been any response from anyone about the Ubisoft problem?
    Message Edited by DrTeeeeeee on 01-20-2005 12:41 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-MeowMaster Guest

Wow, SOE just gained $5 a month from me. I was going to cancel, but, I guess I'll get to play SWG and EQ2 , so good for them.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

Right, right.

SOE All Access = EQ + EQ2 + 4 EQ2 Character slots + Planetside + SWG = ~ $21/mo

For me I signed on to All Access becuase I played Planetside for a long time (haven't played in a month or so now), but I figured that game, plas 4 more character slots was worth the $7. Now they added SWG (very shrewd business move).

So basically SOE games (after a certain timeframe) will can be sold under the same monthly service. Use it to retain subscribership of some 'weaker' older products, while cross promoting products.

Looking as Sony's business agenda I could see this eventually morphing with the PS2 and ON-DEMAND technologies and a becoming a single monthly fee for the SOE network.
  9. ARCHIVED--Kross- Guest

I have recently cancelled my SWG account, but now would love to pay SOE that little bit extra money for the ALL ACCESS PASS. But alas i was an original Ubisoft member of EQ1. So sorry SOE even though i wish i could pay you for the ALL ACCESS PASS i cannot.

Seriously there must be hundreds of European Ubisoft players out there that would love to upgrade but cant.

Come on SOE think about all that extra money you can have if you sort this out quick.
  10. ARCHIVED-rtoub Guest

I was happy to have a plesent experience with SOE. I had a pre-paid EQ account and an EQ2 account under the same name. I upgraded to Station pass and they credited all the pre-paid money towards the Station Pass. I didn't do the math but at a glance everything looks exactly as should be and I am quite happy.

I am just really glad I had everything under one account name because it sounds like a mess if you don't. After hearing lots of stories I was really leary about doing this but I figured I would give it a try and then hassle them if they didn't get it right.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hellshock Guest

i'm one of those peeps who had a ubisoft eq1..actually bought it a week before eq2 came out,just to check out the old guy.
    also got swg and ps...but alas...ubisoft..so no all access.

i'll join the ranks of people who didn't know a ubisoft eq1 would make any difference...i mean..why would it?:)
    i should never have to suffer because of dodgy deals sony makes.

so right before this other big mmorpg comes out in europe..sony gives us the chance to add swg..but pisses off all europeans who happened to have a ubisoft eq1.

smart move:)

i cancelled all my accounts...matter of principle to me,my money is as good as non ubisoft peeps..so i demand to be treated the same.
    hopefully i'll be saying WOW this other game is pretty good aswell in 2 weeks:)
    Message Edited by Hellshock on 01-24-2005 11:46 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Benggal Guest

Well Moor, you've had a while now...have you found out the answers to the aforementioned questions?
  13. ARCHIVED-Lulumaria Guest

Doesn't look like it!
  14. ARCHIVED-ManaByte Guest

In case you were wondering, you can now login to SWG if you have Station Access.
  15. ARCHIVED-TWatcher Guest

The reason some of us have seperate station names for SWG is because it wouldn't let us register using the existing station name.

BAND THE OLD SWG ACCOUNT, THUS LOOSING MY CHARACTERS. THAT'S UNEXCEPTABLE.
    As long as that's their policy, then I will not re-open my SWG account. If they're going to take my characters away from me, then I'm not going to play. (Oh, that sounds like the little kid in the sand box getting up and leaving because the other kid won't share the toys. Well, so be it. The second kid can play by himself.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Benggal Guest

STILL waiting for the answers you promised us, Moor. Can you at least give us an ETA or something?
  17. ARCHIVED-Soaromon Guest

I have a friend who played EQ1, SWG and now EQ2. Since nothing was ever said about creating all accounts on the same account he created his SWG account using a different username. He just thought that is what you were supposed to do. Well now of course he needed his SWG account merged with his station pass. He contacted Customer Support and they basically told him they could ban his old SWG account and give him a new key for the new account under his station access. But by doing this he loses his old characters and everything he had in SWG. The only way they would move his characters to his station account was if he paid the fee to transfer characters. He refused to do that and has now completely dropped all SOE games and went to play DAOC.

It is just really sad that SOE doesn't care enough about its customers to transfer the characters over to the new account as part of cleaning up their blunder. Oh well, such is life. I bet Mythic and Blizzard will enjoy all the new customers they will be getting.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tiberius Guest

19. ARCHIVED-Hassium Guest

Warning to all;
    Last I checked you can not play both EQ II and SWG at the same time while under Station Access. I have a SWG and EQ II account with the same username and password. I could play both at the same time up until Station Access included SWG. Now if I log into SWG while I'm set up for vendoring on EQ II **POOF** no more vendoring. So everyone out there hoping to combine their SWG and EQ II accounts under Station Access may want to think it over.
    And yes I had Station Access prior to SWG being added for the extra 4 characters on EQ II. Unfortunately SWG got "Sucked" under the Station Access umbrella because SWG shared my Station Login.
  20. ARCHIVED-Benggal Guest

Still no word on our questions, eh?