SWG added to Station Access

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-VyvSilvertongue, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Serena Guest

Interesting, I wonder though since I have the all access how I restart SWG I will dabble in it now that its not an extra 15 but when I try to reactivate it wants to start billing me and its on the same account as this.

Ah nm checked around doesn't start untill feb 1st. No matter unless my char is still there probably wont play anyway.
    Message Edited by Serena on 01-16-2005 03:22 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-DrTeeeeeee Guest

I really really agree. I mistakenly had one of my accounts transfered to Ubisoft when they started the EQ1 servers in England. I live in OKLAHOMA and have been trying for 4 years to get moved back. :/ I thought I had fixed it last year by letting my account lapse and then restarting it. That didnt work. :(

Ubisoft has done exactly nothing for me so I dont know why they even have a contract. :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Lulumaria Guest

Hmmm still no answer to the atation account name consolidation issue. Wish i knew cause i would really like to upgrade to Station Pass asap.
  4. ARCHIVED-Vladdax Guest

Nice :)

I'd take it up in an instant if I could get my ps\swg account merged with my eq2 station account, be very cool.
  5. ARCHIVED-Druarc Guest

I was in the same boat for EQ1 and PS, I was told that I would have to pick one account to be flushed, and wouyld be allowed to start fresh but would need all my CD keys to do so, I gave up as I had several EQ1 keys and know idea where they all where. But yes it is possible.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gagag Guest

i had this problem too but the answer was simple SWG ia not included until feb 1st which it is still january so wait few weeks the restart
    Message Edited by Gagag on 01-16-2005 09:42 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Syraxen Guest

I already subscribe to the all access pass and also have a swg subscription, will my swg subscription auto cancell when its added to my access pass or will I have to do it manually?
  8. ARCHIVED-Galahan Guest

to answer one of the questions about Different login names for different games. Way back when my PS account and EQ1 account were under seperate logins. i spend 5 days talking with the Account rep's at SOE and finaly wound up with teh answer that they would NOT transfer my EQ characters over to a new login unless i "bought" a new CD Key (which meant i would also have to purchace all 8 fraken expansions again also) . I finaly wound up finding a old 7-day trial CD key for PS and used it to start up a PS account under my old EQ name.

unless SOE gets off their collected Arses and change their policy. Not many people are going to be willing to get the Station pass if it means going out and spending the $50 bucks for both SWG and JTL again.
  9. ARCHIVED-guillero Guest

How is it going to work?

I have one station account with both SWG and EQ2 activated!
    I changed my EQ2 subscription to Station Access yesterday...it will start at Feb. 3rd!

Will my SWG subscription automatically be consolidated within the Station Acces subscription?? Or what else do I need to do at that time??

greetz
  10. ARCHIVED-Knappy Guest

Bought the pass shortly after tehy added teh extra slots for EQ2, now I find myself more and more pleased with teh purchase. In the beginning it boiled down to the extra slots, then they began to add more and more perks, ultimately this has been the best purchase Ive ever made in association with an online game.
    And yeah that is a brown smudge on my nose.
  11. ARCHIVED-Danol Guest

I played SWG for over a year before coming to EQ2 and trust me it is not even close to being as well done as EQ2 is. there is absolutely no content,it is so repetitive,and the game has some bugs in it that remain from launch date.
  12. ARCHIVED-EQSundevil Guest

Message Edited by EQSundevil on 01-17-2005 03:04 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-RedRockCandy! Guest

I tried to get SOE to combine one of my EQOA accounts, and my EQPC, and EQII accounts a few days after EQII launched but in a nut shell they said "screw you". I did not know anything about the station access until after I had registered EQII, I wanted to get the cheaper rate plus all the heritage things like the paintings and title above my toons head but after a week of fighting they said I could only issue me NEW account keys but would have to ban the old ones. I said the hell with it and just gave up, cancelling my EQPC account and a few of my EQOA accounts. Maybe now I'll be able to get it done. I canceled SWG a good while ago because I hated it but it would be nice to be able to play it again in case the game improves.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tabiani Guest

I was also curious about combining different station accounts for different games into one All Access Pass. I searched the Knowledge Base and found this info:

Question
    I have several accounts that I would like to have on one station access subscription. What should I do?

Answer
    If you have established multiple accounts or station names for each of the SOE games you play, but you want each separate game together on one station access subscription, you will have to contact our account support department for further assistance.

Please refer to our support contact page for information on how to contact us and our hours of operation:
    http://www.station.sony.com/en/services/help/customer.jsp

Date Created
    12/14/2004 11:36 AM
    Last Updated
    01/03/2005 09:38 PM

So it may not have been possible before but it looks like it may be possible now.

Cynnibar
    Ratonga with a namesake in SWG, too
  15. ARCHIVED-Tagga Guest

When you try to get the all access pass I don't like how if you prepaid you only have the choice of waiting till your subscription runs out or losing your prepaid money. I'm paid up till 3/15 and can't add the pass until then or lose all my prepaid time.
    Message Edited by Tagga on 01-18-2005 08:02 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-e2tallguy Guest

I spoke with CS over the weekend, and I have new fun thing to add. I'm on World Collect or whatever they call it for people who don't want a dollar amount on their non-dollar credit card (to avoid a currency fee every month). So I pay via their system in three-month blocks, which is encouraged when you sign up if you have a non-dollar credit card.

I spent an hour following their instructions to upgrade, and couldn't find the option where they said it was. Eventually a CS rep told me that I cannot upgrade until my pre-pay lapses, at which point, I should *TRY* to convert to normal credit card, and then there was still **no guarantee** that I will be able to upgrade to Station Pass.

Ok, so SOE are telling a customer, who wants to pay them MORE, that they can't take the money. And they don't know if they will let that customer pay more in future.

Something is wrong. Who is in control of billing? I'm not. SOE clearly isn't. What's going on?

-Rhode of Butchblock
  17. ARCHIVED-Galahan Guest

I tried to get SOE to combine one of my EQOA accounts, and my EQPC, and EQII accounts a few days after EQII launched but in a nut shell they said "screw you". I did not know anything about the station access until after I had registered EQII, I wanted to get the cheaper rate plus all the heritage things like the paintings and title above my toons head but after a week of fighting they said I could only issue me NEW account keys but would have to ban the old ones. I said the hell with it and just gave up, cancelling my EQPC account and a few of my EQOA accounts. Maybe now I'll be able to get it done. I canceled SWG a good while ago because I hated it but it would be nice to be able to play it again in case the game improves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats basicaly what happend with me when i tried to combine my EQ1 and Planetside accoutns when the "station pass" FIRST came out. i was given the choice of new EQ CD Keys to use in adding EQ onto my Planetside login. (which by the way would mean i would have to start from scratch on characters (were sorry but your characters will not be accesable from the new Login but we will transfer them to the new name for a "small" fee) yea.... im sorry but $50 per character is not small and i dont know of a single computer technision that gets payed $40 a hour just to take a file folder from 1 harddrive and stick it on another hard drive.) Or they would give me new CD Keys to use on Planetside to "start over" under my EQ1 account. Needless to say i chose to get the new Planetside keys, as its alot easier to "level" up in that game as apose to "leveling up" in Everquest... had to chose between a lvl 52 Bard, or a lvl 10 "avatar" on Planetside.... yea.. like its realy a choice.

Dont expect them to change their "policy" on this. So dont hold you breath guys :smileysad:
  18. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!

improves?.. haha.. your not serious right ?
  19. ARCHIVED-Risedm Guest

Noooo.. i was free dammit. I justified it. No SWG because not on pass. I don't need to play it anymore.

::Cry::

::grabs light saber:: Here Quenker Quenker.. 37,000 more of you and I'ma jedi master
  20. ARCHIVED-Jibbrish Guest

I have an SWG account, having cancelled one already, with the same account name that i'm using for EQ2. I'm hoping that i'll be able to combine the two without losing a year on the SWG character. Actually, i wouldn't do it if it meant that.
    As far as EQ2 vs SWG argument goes, i think it's safe to say that there are pros and cons to both. SWG is a much more open game, having far less directed content, non-linear game play and no invisible walls except at the edges of a 10k X 10k map. EQ2 does have more directed content, obviously more quests, looks every bit as good or better than SWG and was supposed to have a better crafting element, that i'm still reserving judgement on but it doesn't look too good so far. PvP is also a big difference in the 2 games, something i'd love to see overcome with NonPvP SWG and PvP EQ2 servers (but i'm not holding my breath). Right now, weighing the 2 i'd say SWG is the better game but both have a ways to go to live up to the hype or either games potential.