SWG added to Station Access

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-VyvSilvertongue, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-VyvSilvertongue Guest

This news item is on the fringe, but I thought it was worth posting since many of us are Station Access subscribers and former or current SWG players:

--

- Station Access(TM) Subscribers Now Have Access to All SOE-Developed Games
    for One Low Subscription Price -

SAN DIEGO, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a
    worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming, today announced
    the addition of LucasArts' Star Wars Galaxies(R) to the Station Access(TM)
    subscription plan. Now, all SOE-developed massively multiplayer online games
    are available to subscribers for US$21.99 per month. Star Wars Galaxies will
    be added to Station Access on Feb. 1, 2005.
    "Adding Star Wars Galaxies to the mix brings all Sony Online
    Entertainment-developed MMO titles under a single umbrella subscription," said
    John Smedley, president, Sony Online Entertainment. "Station Access has been
    a compelling deal for our subscribers since it launched last year, but now
    it's a must-have for all online gamers."
    Star Wars Galaxies joins the already available line-up of titles offered
    under the Station Access subscription plan, which includes the original
    EverQuest(R), the recently released EverQuest(R) II, PlanetSide(R),
    EverQuest(R) Online Adventures(TM) for the PlayStation(R)2 computer
    entertainment system, EverQuest for the Macintosh and the three Station Pass
    games, Cosmic Rift, Infantry and Tanarus.
    Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided(R) launched in June 2003 in North
    America, allowing gamers to immerse themselves in the Star Wars universe
    online. In October 2004, Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed(TM), the
    game's first expansion, added a whole new level of fast-paced space combat and
    over 20 iconic spacecraft for players to fly. Both An Empire Divided(R) and
    Jump To Lightspeed(TM) are available at retail for US$19.99 each.
    Station Access provides the subscriber with a single account that grants
    access to each of the SOE published MMO titles the player owns. Players must
    still purchase the software titles individually. Station Access does not
    include subscription services for non-SOE published titles, versions of
    EverQuest, EverQuest II, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest Online Adventures or
    PlanetSide published outside of North America, or SOE's wireless or handheld
    games.
    Station Access requires a valid credit card and cannot be used in
    conjunction with GlobalCollect payment methods, or with GameCards.

About LucasArts
    LucasArts, a Lucasfilm Ltd. company, is a leading developer and publisher
    of interactive entertainment products for video game consoles, computers and
    the Internet. Based in Marin County, Calif., as well as on the Internet at
    http://www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts was created in 1982 by George Lucas to provide an
    interactive element to his vision of a state-of-the-art, multi-faceted
    entertainment company.
    Lucasfilm Ltd. is one of the world's leading film and entertainment
    companies. Founded by George Lucas in 1971, it is a privately held, fully
    integrated entertainment company. In addition to its motion-picture and
    television production operations, the company's global activities include
    Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound, serving the digital needs of the
    entertainment industry for visual-effects and audio post-production; and Lucas
    Licensing, which manages the global merchandising activities for Lucasfilm's
    entertainment properties. Additionally, Lucas Online creates Internet-based
    content for Lucasfilm's entertainment properties and businesses. Lucasfilm's
    motion-picture productions include five of the 20 biggest box-office hits of
    all time and have received 19 Oscars and 53 Academy Award nominations.
    Lucasfilm's television projects have won 12 Emmy Awards. Lucasfilm Ltd. is
    headquartered in Marin County, Calif.

About Sony Online Entertainment
    Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a subsidiary of Sony Pictures
    Digital Inc., is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online
    games, with a subscriber base of over 800,000 active accounts around the
    globe. SOE creates, develops and provides compelling entertainment for the
    personal computer, online, game console and wireless markets. Known for its
    blockbuster franchises, EverQuest(R), EverQuest(R) II and PlanetSide(R), as
    well as for developing Star Wars Galaxies(TM): An Empire Divided(TM), SOE
    continues to redefine the business of online gaming and the creation of active
    player communities while introducing new genres on various entertainment
    platforms. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with an additional development
    studio in Austin, TX, SOE has an array of cutting-edge online games in
    development.

EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Inc. SOE, the SOE logo and PlanetSide are registered trademarks of Sony Online
    Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective
    owners.

SOURCE Sony Online Entertainment Inc.
    Web Site: http://www.lucasarts.com
  2. ARCHIVED-Vindicis Guest

Wow, I'm very surprised at this move. This pretty much seals the deal for me, all access here I come! Thanks for the link.
  3. ARCHIVED-VyvSilvertongue Guest

I cancelled my subscription Tuesday to switch to a new billing method yesterday. When I resubscribed, I spent quite a while considering whether or not the Station Access package was worth it. I decided that even if I never logged into EQOA or EQPC again, the extra four character slots would be handy. This makes it much, much nicer.

Thanks for giving me even more for my money, SOE!
  4. ARCHIVED-Braeliegh Guest

Very cool! I may have to try SWG, now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yodaya Guest

Yes, nice. I might consider buying a station access now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Anhar Guest

I asked sony about this, but no answer yet.

I have a SWG account under a different station name/account than my main EQ account (on the pass). I asked if I can get them consolidated so i can take advantage of the pass, and have access to my character in SWG. (cross my fingers that they will allow the consolidation!)
  7. ARCHIVED-Benggal Guest

I'm in the same boat. My EQ account name is different than my EQ2/SWG account names.

Also, I'd like to know if I could consolidate them all NOW as opposed to waiting for my subscriptions to expire (all at different times).
  8. ARCHIVED-Moorgard Guest

I don't personally have the answers about converting pre-paid accounts over to Station Access or combining accounts, but I'll talk to the people involved and will let you know what I find out.
  9. ARCHIVED-Seffrid Guest

Moorgard, can you also please address the concerns of Ubisoft EQ1 or EQ2 customers who are denied use of the All Access Pass. Xaycon appears to be of the view that we should be entitled to upgrade our accounts to All Access Pass but we're unable to do so.

You assistance would be much appreciated.
  10. ARCHIVED-dalkim Guest

I would bet you'll have to convince Ubisoft to offer some sort of package deal, which I seriously doubt they would.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kongerur Guest

What they told me when we did ours is that we are charged for all access the first time and then not recharged until all of the other money from the prepaid is used up in our accounts (Something > 30 days). This does appear to be how it is working for us now.
  12. ARCHIVED-torlaen Guest

Yes please do something about the EQ1 ubisoft problem. I realy don't care about that eq1 account. It would be great if there was a way to be able to get Soe all access ( specially with all the stuff you get with it now.) Maybe have an option to delete the eq1 subscription or move it to an other account so you can atleast have All access without loseing all your chars.
    Please look into this, all the support/tech guys just: "say sorry we can not help you" :smileysad:
  13. ARCHIVED-Aubin Guest

Can someone explain to me how to upgrade to station access? Ive followed the instructions to the letter from the stationaccess site. All that happens when i edit my account is that i get taken to the station players site, the page where you can get advanced guild tools etc. I even did that thinking that it might be the same thing but it isnt.

Help! im tearing my hair out here, i must be missing something on this

:smileysad:
  14. ARCHIVED-Pronstar Guest

heh, i've played 4 games on SoE's list and i think all were different account names

i will not subscribe to this access deal unless they can all be merged
  15. ARCHIVED-Lulumaria Guest

Is it possible if i upgrade my account to Station Access pass i can still play SWG along with EQ2 even though my SWG account is under a different Station Name than the username i use to log into EQ2 with? What can i do to find out as i would love to upgrade and be able to play both games as well as get the 4 extra char slots with EQ2? Any help would be awesome!!!!
  16. ARCHIVED-Olebass Guest

Same here, my main SWG account is not under my EQ1 and 2 accounts.
    The pass was said not to be available back then so I just made it seperate.
    Would love to have it with my main account to keep my name , possessions and other things intact.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fernus Guest

And thats what they are banking on. I'm surprised SWG is still running.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nine Fingers Bob Guest

I am in the same situation, hopefully they already thought of this and have some sort of plan in place to work this out.
    Message Edited by Nine Fingers Bob on 01-16-2005 09:55 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Snublefot Guest

Bah, I'll have to reinstall SWG then (been off computer for 2 years, not because it was a bad game, but I was a AO addict at the time :p). Havent read the whole thing yet, but does it include the latest expansion? Or is that another added cost :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

"Both An Empire Divided(R) and
    Jump To Lightspeed(TM) are available at retail for US$19.99 each.
    Station Access provides the subscriber with a single account that grants
    access to each of the SOE published MMO titles the player owns. Players must
    still purchase the software titles individually."