Swashie question but thier boards are slooooooow....

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Larsenex, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Larsenex Guest

Good Morning! I have a question about Swashies and what stances all of you prefer and why...
    Daring advance or Fancy Footwork? Daring gives bonuses to your skills, a damage proc and a stun proc all at the cost of some lowered defense. Fancy gives a straight up bonus to Defense at the cost of negative modifiers to your weapon skills.
    My toon is 72. Most of my Arts are Expert or Mastered EXCEPT, Fancy which is Adept. I have Daring as Expert.
    When you solo, which stance do you use (if any) and why?
    I duo (frequently) with a good Pally and will also have my GF come online and shes gonna be Templar. Would you dual wield or Sword n board it with a partner? I have been Dual Wielding and offensive and this seems to do the trick.

Why would you use Fancy Footwork or When?

Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-bloodfangs Guest

Defense is for tanks. Screw that, gimme damage, interrupts, stuns and WTFPWNSAUCE on two pointed ends.
    :)
    If you're trying to outlast your target, and you're not putting out as much damage as fast as you can, something's going to go awry. I always found it to be much more efficient, and more reliable, to go for damage rather than endurance. That's why you rolled a Swash in the first place, right? Personal preference, of course.
  3. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Try for yourself. I did and found that almost every time defensive stance left me with less health after the target was dead than offensive stance (because it takes longer to kill). For Swash, I found that killing slightly faster >>> tanking slightly better.
  4. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

As others have stated, offensive stance all the way.
  5. ARCHIVED-Crismorn Guest

offensive stance all the way, the proc is dmg + interupt btw. There is no stun component on the offensive stance
  6. ARCHIVED-HammerOfThor1 Guest

Ditto what others have said. I don't think I've ever entered my defensive stance on purpose... (misclicks :D)
  7. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Same here, even when I raid with my Swash, off stance.
  8. ARCHIVED-Yeloc Guest

Offensive stance here also, it might be in my head, but I seem to get more Mending Adornment procs that way