Swashbuckler Guide/Overview

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Delowen, Jul 25, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Just read through the changes made, I think this is going to be very helpful, and I plan on trying your casting order as well, thank you!
  3. ARCHIVED-stvnbrs Guest

Hello all. First I would like to say thank you for your guide. I am just starting EQ2 as "the other game" has me quite bored. I chose the half-elf swashy and am having a bit of a time thinking of what tradeskill to choose. I am thinking Alchemy so that I can make my own poisons, any advice to a very big noob would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
  4. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

stvnbrs wrote:
    Alchemy is going to be the best bet for you in the long run because of poison costs. Jeweler gives you the ability to make your Expert CAs but those are generally going to be an annual cost vs poisons which are an on going cost. Also you can make pretty good money selling poisons/potions because they are things that are always in demand.
    That said your choice in tradeskill class wont hurt you in anyway, I personally dont tradeskill and just adventure for my cash and buy the items I require from tradeskillers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dulissa Guest

Having just rolled a swashy today, what God would you recommend to follow? I keep hearing Anashti but I don't want to betray lol
    I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this character, but it's good to know just incase
  6. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Bristlebane is one of the better choices for gods for us.
  7. ARCHIVED-steventhearmy70 Guest

Great Guide! Just wanted to say thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-Farroo Guest

Am I doing something wrong? When I input these numbers into the AA calculator I get 105/100 for the "Rogue" tree and cant place the last points. What am I missing?
    Optimal Spec (DPS and HP Spec)
    • Pick Pocket 1
    • STR 10-6-10-1
    • AGI 10-6-10-1
    • INT 1
    • STA 4-10
    1. Rogue Tab
    • Cunning Prowess - 8 (Boosts Potency of all Abilities)
    • Capo Ferro - 8 (Increases ability reuse speed)
    • Ruthless Riposte - 5 (grants a change to inflict damage on a successful parry)
    • Coordination - 8 (Accuracy boost on successful snap of the wrist attack)
    • Dance of Metal - 2 (Progress damage boost for each successful successive combart art attack up to 8 triggers)
  9. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Farroo wrote:
    So there are where four of the points went, the other seems to just be one extra spent.
    Mine looks almost identical to that aside from having only 9 in the first ability in str and agi and 3 in the Int one. ( I can't remember why that is now). My SF stuff just leaves out the Riposte but the rest is the same.
  10. ARCHIVED-Farroo Guest

Even taking one out of the first STR and AGI lines and dropping those into INT line puts you well over 100/100. Something isn't adding up. Does something (quest, achievement, etc.) give you bonus points to allocate? Or is it just a typo? If so where do the points need taken out of to keep the best optimal DPS spec?

If you open the calculator and drop in the points as stated above you fall short at 8/8/5/7/0 for SF allocation unable to make it 8/8/5/8/2 because you need 5 more points to do so putting you at 105/100 which obviously isn't possible.

And even so if you take the points out of other Rogue skills to allow for the 8/8/5/8/2 SF ones that still puts you at a total of 247/250 across all trees.
  11. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Made some changes, numbers should add up correctly now, sorry for the typos.
  12. ARCHIVED-Farroo Guest

Are you kidding? No need for sorry, this guide is incredible and extremely helpful to newbie Swashies such as myself. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something being newb and all
    Again, great great work!

EDIT: Actually that won't work either.... you need 70 points to open up SF in the Rogue tree and that's only 68 points

http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/?i01w1a...5@1351@14555511
  13. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Foiled again!
    I was in a rush to leave since I'm on vacation with some friends so I wasnt thinking about the number requirements to opening the shadows line. I relocated points into the INT line to put it at 70 and then 2 points into Ruthless Riposte (just where I plan to stick them since I do solo a decent amount of the time). Also topped off Pirate Swipe and put 2 points into Battle Endurance since the AGI cap is not present anymore (might end up changing that around since TS is fairly useless these days).
    Thanks for helping to keep this guide as accurate as possible, I really appriciate the input.
  14. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

Taken from in game, not a calculator:
    Pick Pocket: 1
    Str: 10/4/10/2
    AGI: 9/4/10/2
    Sta: 4/10
    Int: 4
    Cunning Prowess 8, Capo Ferro 8, Coordination 8, Dance of Metal 4
    Total 98/100
    By taking my extra three points in Boot Dagger and dropping one into first Agi to max it and two into second strength to match the six you want, if I were to take 2 points out of another tree I could drop them into the second agility slot and I have the exact build you were shooting for on your calculator and 100/100 spent
  15. ARCHIVED-Cuelaen Guest

I just started a swashbuckler today, excellent guide:) Thanks for taking the time to write this up!
  16. ARCHIVED-Zivgar Guest

Any suggestions for Red Adorns, just curious to what you like best. Right now I just have fabled boots with a red adorn slot and was wondering what would be best. I don't really raid so i doubt I'll get another item with a red slot so wondering what would be your first choice for a Red adorn. Thanks
  17. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I have Dashing Swathe, Inspired Daring, Bladeweaver and Flurry of Blades for ability focus adornments. I'm almost positive I went Swathe first and Daring second, but to be honest I got both pieces within 24 hours and at the time knew that I had the DKP to win both if they dropped so I really just knew I was grabbing both the same weekend. You know what content you're doing, Swathe and Daring are head and shoulders the first two you should get though. The content you usually do and how often you use your temps will determine which is best for you personally