Swarthy Distraction

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Sinbad, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Sinbad Guest

The description of this combat art is a little confusing to me and would like to make sure of what it does. From reading it i come to the conclusion that i cast this on the groups tank and it will increase his aggro when the proc goes off. However, i have had several people tell me that is not correct and that i cast it on myself as a aggro reducer. Please could someone verify this for me.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dark_Sun Guest

Same here... dont quite understand what this spell do...
  3. ARCHIVED-erdamon Guest

Both the description and my experience indicate that it increases agro. Also, since it can be cast on others unlike our other detaunt proc I think this is a safe assumption.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nymh_the_Dark Guest

Got this ability recently.

Duration is about 3min...You will primarily be casting this spell on the main tank in your group, as it increases his/her hate generator. From what I can tell...if the swashy casting it gets hit, the effect is cancelled. I thinks this is why it is classed as a 'Reactive' proc.

-Nymm Phantasm-
    Permafrost
    The Dark Swash
  5. ARCHIVED-liscio Guest

I think reactive means that when you cast it on the tank if/when he gets hit each hit will genrate agro on the tank due to the reactive hate proc buff. So in a way, The more they hit him the more agro he will get.
    This is one of my most used skills in grouping since it can make all the difference in the world in regards to me drawing agro or not.
    Our own selfbuff on the other hand is really not very usefull. It is supposed to reduce the hate we cause by each strike but its barely noticable. The reactive hate proc on the tank is the way to go.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nymh_the_Dark Guest

I have yet to see a problem with Self Pres. I use it all the time, and use Swarthy when fighting a tough mob to help keep the cleric or anyone grabbing aggro. I rarely get hit, and when I do...it is when self pres is not on.

-Nymm
    Message Edited by Nymh_the_Dark on 11-24-2004 06:34 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Evade sucks though. Never works for me, even with self preservation on.