Sustaining Souls of Bloody Kithicor

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by TrulyVexed, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

Quests and solutions are always posted at Zam and Wiki. Why not this one? From what I read here, some think they know how they triggered it. A couple of times even. So?
  2. Rolant Active Member

The trigger might not be *in* the battleground.
  3. Gaealiege Active Member

Judging from Kaitheel's responses he'd prefer it remain something you have to figure out. If I tell you the answer, Mowse, you don't learn anything. Try looking around in the forest for something that stands out as unique.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I ahve killed every andering creature around, I have spawned and killed every pile of bones mobs I Can find, and nothing. no spawn from the event. so either it's broken, of the trigger is sopmething insanely stupidly obscure as to be pointless to have an event relating to it.
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

It's gotten to the point now where people just tell folks to not bother with the quest. there's no indication of what might trigger it. no clue as to how. I literally spent the past 2 hours killing every mob from Ghorkal to the ocean, and from the bridge to the druid ring. I triggered every pile of bones that was triggerable, and nothing. no indications, no information.

At this point, Kaitheel, you should just flat out tell us how to trigger it so we can test if it's actually working, or just take the quest/event out of the game. spending hours and days only being able to guess at what might trigger it and not be sure in teh slightest if it is even working is just not worth the headache. the quest right now anytime it's mentioned people jsut get told to delete it and move on since it's not part of the sig line itself.
    Brennin likes this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The bummer is that the quest is needed to go on to the two quests *after* it, which then allow you to buy the other types of shoulder armour from the vendor in the tower at Wanderer's Dock. I've seen people starting to call out the event in General chat, letting everyone know it's active...it seems like as long as you kill the single mobs around the outside and not the grouped or named ones, it keeps going and the single mobs respawn [at least that's what I saw].
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I was told to kill wandering skeletons, and that seemed to be the trick to get it start. Just to be on the safe side, I also killed corpse beetles. I also noticed piles of rust-colored bones on the ground, and when you ran over them, sometimes a skeleton would pop out. A friend asked me on Tuesday night about the trick to spawn it, and I told him to kill wandering skeletons. He had track up, and there were not any showing up. Nobody else was in the area killing these wandering skeletons, and I flew around the area in a circle for 15 minutes...still nothing tracked. We just gave up and went to do a heroic dungeon instead.
  8. Kirlia New Member

The fact that we're 2 weeks post "launch" and another 2 days post "free launch" and no one (aside from SOE) really knows what triggers this is remarkable. As in ridiculous. I don't want things easy, don't get me wrong. I want them solvable, though.

By the way, a propos of nothing on this thread, the "go gather X amount of Y non-trackable harvestable" quests that are abundant in the new expansion are just plain dumb. Thanks for the time sink. I love the expansion, don't get me wrong. Some of the quest designers need to step away for a week or two and realize what is fun and what is just stupid.

All that said, thanks for the update/expansion, SOE, and keep up the great work. On the whole, wholly enjoyable. Happy Thanksgiving.
  9. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I like this quest. I haven't completed it, nor do I know how to trigger the event. A 'riddle' of this sort should take a while for people to figure out. I just hope that the triggering mechanism allows you to see that you've triggered the event. If not, then it might be a little off putting.
  10. Ramblon Member

Killed a wandering skeleton and it didn't start for me. :-(
  11. Ellimist Active Member

What's the timer for the skeleton? I didn't see last night on unrest and was looking for ~2.5hrs. Tried mapping out all the skeletons on the ground and killing the fallen warriors that pop of them but it didn't work. Checked out the druid ring and there was nothing there that was useable or worked. Tried the forest guardian there as well but nothing off him. Also killed corpse beetles and nothing from them.

So if it is the wandering skeletons then on Unrest it is broken.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

There was always more than one wandering skeleton up the few times I did this quest. As of Tuesday night, I was not able to track a single one. Either they are no longer spawning as of Tuesday (patch day), or there is another mob that is a placeholder for wandering skeletons, perhaps.
  13. Achirin Active Member

No wandering skeletons up on Guk either of the 2 times I've checked. I also went around killing corpse beetles, carrion whatevers, bone rot skellies, undead rangers (even did the quest near there just to pass the time), and still no wandering skeletons appeared. So I can't even imagine it's a placeholder issue. I also walked on the bone piles, pulled creatures onto the bone piles to kill them, cleared around the bone piles and no skeletons spawned out of the bone piles. So if they are supposed to spawn creatures when you walk over they are definitely broke on Guk.
    Brennin likes this.
  14. Ellimist Active Member

Only about half of the bone piles spawned skeletons for me. I will check my map tonight for how many I actually recorded but only 4 or 5 of them actually spawned skeltons. Repop on the bone piles was about 10 to 20 minutes.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if the bone piles are the trigger. I was doing a mix of all 3 things (piles, killing corpse beetles, and killing wandering skeletons - which are not the same name of the skeletons that pop of out the bone piles).
  16. Achirin Active Member

Just spent another 45 minutes running around, no wandering skeletons, no bone piles spawned anything, no event.
    Brennin likes this.
  17. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

The other half was extremely frustrated today: killed every mob in the area, every skeleton, no spawns. Wasted 2 hours and got nowhere. Priority fix needed!
    Brennin likes this.
  18. Brainfreeze New Member

okay, i'm on the unrest server and tried several of the suggestions on here and nothing triggered for me either...can y'all please fix it so a lot of us by the looks of it can update our journals.
  19. Ellimist Active Member

Without knowing what triggers it and knowing it has been broken it would be nice if one of the devs could jump on each server and trigger the event to actually test that the patch has worked and report back here letting us know the results. As such reading through it appears some servers are working for some people and others are not spawning at all and some are spawning but the event is broken.

Little bit more input from the dev team would be great in this instance.
  20. Raenius Well-Known Member

Did this quest on beta without any problems, in fact many people did it at the same time. There was just the fight going on with dead teirdal lying around and you could use the clickie on them.

Whoever the"brainiac" was who thought this quests needs a change: corner - shame yourself - 2hrs - cheers.