Surprise good deal ...you lose WARNING to members

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cloudrat, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I stopped in on a server I rarely play on and clicked on my 500 monthly DBC and was offered 3 really nice discounted choices I could have instead of my DBC. I was thrilled to see hugely discounted mercs which I would have loved to have gotten on the new server. Too bad I had to choose now and if I closed the window I lost my opportunity. Not going to happen, sigh. Then I crashed and the window was gone and the 500 DBC was awarded.
    Thanks for nothing, but a nice then painful surprise.

MEMBERS careful when your monthly DBC shows up.:)
    Tekka, Lucus and Adevil like this.
  2. Lucus Well-Known Member

This should be fixed to be honest if you crash and the window is closed by the program/server then it should not expire or tick down it should defer until you open it again.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Seems to me the options should be available until you say no thanks and pick your normal 500 SC...
    Ishuna likes this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

the timer/close window effects are there to encourage impulse purchases rather then giving you time to think it out.
    Ishuna likes this.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Oh you're right. I just think annoying current members isn't a wise business choice.
    Ishuna and Prissetta like this.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Your proposed fix would negate the timer. People would just close the game using task manager or reboot the computer, etc. to simulate a crash.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Unfortunately they seem to have made it their current business model.
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

yes assuming that they don't have a crash reporter to tell the server whether it was a legit crash or an end process command.

TBH i don't agree with the timer and close window mechanics peopel should be able to take their time and decide.

we are subscribers we shouldn't feel pressured by timers/window close buttons to decide how to use any of our membership perks.
    Prissetta and Ishuna like this.
  9. Montag Well-Known Member

/r/TitleGore
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think it's just the latest way to encourage folks not to stockpile DBC for sales, since unless you're a decorator, the pickings are slim.

BUT OMG YOU CAN GET THAT ONE THING FOR ONLY 500 DBC AS LONG AS YOU DON'T THINK TOO LONG OR CLOSE THE WINDOW!!
    Avahlynn and Ishuna like this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Or login on the 'wrong' server ...
  12. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Which confuses the hell outta me...
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

While I agree it's unfortunate the first time, it's not like it pops up as soon as you log in with no choice. You have to claim the 500 DBC before it pops up. So going forward just remember to do it on a toon/server you'd want the discounted item on.

I'd say they could add a warning box before the claim goes through, but people ignore those anyway.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except, not knowing there was a discount thing going on, there is no reason to care what server (or toon) you're on when you claim our DBC....
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

That's why I said it's unfortunate the first time, and going forward it'll be better :)

Sure Daybreak could have made an announcement about it. But EQ2Wire had it up the first day it appeared, and I can't imagine there are that many people who read Everquest2.com before logging on but don't read EQ2Wire.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

Well, they also have a launcher with announcements, and a welcome box with news. They knew well before the day it went live what they were going to do and could have given players a heads up and they didn't. There's really not an excuse for it other than very poor execution. Again.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Has anyone from Daybreak actually said there is going to be a second time? Or is this just an assumption because EQ1 has had it a couple of times now?
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I don't recall a red name saying it'd continue.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

20. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's a marketting thing. Most devs might not know any more about it then we do..