Suprised about what is said toward the Dirge.

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-SkyBee, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

Kall wrote:
    oh my this made me laugh... Thank you Kall.
  2. ARCHIVED-SkyBee Guest

As I've stated previously, I'm suprised I am able to solo as well as I am currently as a Dirge. Yet, of course, folk's emotion skim over this.

Topango wrote:
    Not true for below tier6. However, I figured ya meant tier7.

Topango wrote:
    Once again, why is this so terrible? I think having a subclass whose role is only supporting the group would be much fun. If you don't, then play a subclass that focuses more in DPS as well in healing or tanking or whatever.

Larmor wrote:
    Actually Larmor, at lvl47, my hp pool is at 3,900 and I am not fully upgraded either. This doubled we be 8,000 instead of the 6,000 to 6,500 ya quoted.

Fromingo wrote:
    I actually did not implement the Life and Death boost to my healing AAs until tier4. This just added 1 or 2 more lvls to my named hunt'n capabilities. The AA heal boost helped but is not any Achilles heal for the dirge when soloing.

Skybee wrote:
    Aaahh, the emotions that love to fly in these forums. Emotions that eventually render many threads pointless.

A shame that nobody attempted to reference "Consolidated Dirge issue thread. (11/24/06) " . Murrcurry and Larmor actually attempted to give more elaborate inforation than any other post; this is why they caught my interest. Honestly, personal accounts only give me an indication of a noticeable change and I have never denied these indications.

Of course, emotion ridden folk like posters Topanga and possibly a few others view this as condescending and demeaning instead of actually taking a step back to look for the exact info Skybee was looking to grab from this community. A couple folk understood and other folk did not.

Everything I stated in the OP came from just my understanding of the Dirge from tier1 to tier5. I am glad I gained a better understanding of magical resistances from this thread and the shift in focus of my Dirge in tier6-7.

Thanks.
  3. ARCHIVED-Johnny Trabone Guest

You're funny OP, keep the rediculous statements coming please. :D
  4. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

Discussing things can be a way of life.
    SkyBee wrote:
    Skybee asked for information, and when it was given to him he tried to proof fox that the info they gave him was wrong. Skybee is a fool.

Nothing he says anywhere is anything BUT his personal oppinion. He does not give proof for ANYTHING. Except that he rather smugly informs us that he is able to solo....and is very happy with it.
  5. ARCHIVED-SkyBee Guest

Everything I have posted have been in the context of a Dirge tier5 and below yet folk believe my posts are in the context of tier6-7.

firza wrote:
    I have never contradicted this in my posts.

firza wrote:
    Of course most of my posts are assumptions. I don't work for SOE. A fella can not give much more proof than what I have stated in the OP about my soloing capabilities at tier5 without including an actual video clip.

I showed all regard to the intention of other posters by not denying any of what they stated. However, anything less than a complete acceptness of what is said by posters I bet can be viewed by more emotional folk as a covert denial regardless to how dishonest this view becomes to what is actually written. I bet this is the exact view given when they think SOE is not pay'n attention to what is written from other players.

firza wrote:
    I never asked for information in my OP. My original post was an attempt to start a discussion which I have received with a bit more emotion than I care. Furthermore, at an attempt obtain information, only a couple of my questions were actually answered.

Would be interesting if you expounded upon your view as me a fool because I doubt none of it would hold much ground to what I have actually written. I bet this is exactly why SOE folk only use these forums as an indication of a problem instead of a detailed approach to solve the problem.

Yeah, can't really be to smugish about the tier6-7 realm since I am tier5.
  6. ARCHIVED-SkyBee Guest

Yeah, context is extremely important. My context is of a lvl47 Dirge not a tier6 nor tier7. I am actually surprised that tier6-7 Dirges were posting here; I was not even referring to the realms of tier6-7 because can not since I am tier5.

Also, stat allocations appears to be different when comparing tier6-7 to below tier6. I am curious if I could actually solo the names below tier6 well if I spent mainly in Strength and Intelligence. A focus in Strength and Intelligence and dual wielding makes complete sense for a Raiding Dirge and a Dirge that primarily groups in any tier I figure.

As I stated previously, now for my third time, I am surprised I'm able to solo decently as a Dirge. From the tier7 dirge posts, appears the focus begins to shift more to group support with the AA trees as further indication of this. If this is the trend, then I imagine SOE will further improve the Dirges group support such as allowing a Dirge's buffs to buff an entire raid instead a group.

Ya can continue slamming me for you thinking I am saying "Dirges can solo good in tier6-7 and near equivalent to other subclasses" because these types of replies are irrelevant emotional BS since they can not be explicitly supported by any of my statements; a shame this thread has lead to this.
  7. ARCHIVED-SkyBee Guest

I bet particular priests can only solo well due to their grade of healing.

I bet summoners can only solo well due to the grade of their tank pet and heals for the pet.

I bet particular mages can only solo well due to the grade of their root and stun type spells.

I bet ya DPS parses do not prove how well ya can solo either. If this was true, then all a character would need is DPS, but fortunately, I think this is not true since a subclass has many tools to use. I think this entire talk of how DPS should be raised to make a subclass better is boring and makes the subclasses a bit trivial for me due to a lack of focus on the complexities.
  8. ARCHIVED-ravenscale Guest

well sky i had intended to post some of SS on poor scaling but seeing as there is a complete lack of T5 T6 dirge masters on my server atm
    go to broker look up the T6 and T7 AD3 and master 1s and look at scaleing and power cast
    daros line
    claras line
    rianas line
    your life tap CA (greiveance T7)
    these are just some
    these are scaling issues the dont mean we cant solo or anything but more a reflection of scaling poorly T6 to T7
  9. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

SkyBee wrote:
    I bet you'd be wrong on all of those statements.
    Healers with great DPS solo MUCH better than healers with low DPS.
    Summoners all have the ability to put out top tier DPS, if they didn't have that they would not solo nearly as well.
    Again mages have top end DPS capability, without that DPS they would not solo nearly as well or fast.
    Bards don't need 'top end' DPS, they do need 'middle of the road' DPS because this 'bottom of the barrel' DPS, plus poor survivability does not make for a fun combo.
  10. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

SkyBee wrote:
    You are so full of it.
    Your OP started out slamming dirge forum community with general statements.
    Then you tried to prove it with your level 47 experiences.
    When the forum community tried to help you kindly and gently you ridiculed them.
    You deserve the reaction you are now getting.

Provocative quotes by your own lil emotional self follow that make the above an outright lie:

"Going to be interesting if I can continue at my current level of success with named monsters when I'm in the tier7 realm. I'm told the entire dynamics of subclasses shift when the character enters the tier7 realm; I am very skeptical of this."
    Yeah, this is what I was told about lvl40 to 49 mobs as well but proved them wrong in this level range. The higher tiers will be interesting.
    "I honestly am curious how honest tier7 players are regarding their character build and combat strategy. I have met quite a few level 70 adventurers that didn't know much on how to fight as a Dirge probably due to them xp grinding to lvl70 as quickly as possible. I read this from their character play when they would mentor to help me with particular names such as only activating their bow attacks once or twice in a fight, or rushing in to pull the name when a proxy pull was not necessary."
    "I bet a warden's DPS is pointless if they did not have good healing.

Which to believe, a lvl64 Dirge who solos or lvl70 dirges who don't solo with their Dirge.

I was told that a tier7 Dirge could not even solo green con ^^^ heroics. I wonder if there are other tier7 Dirges like Tenal that would state otherwise and actually are able to solo these. which to believe."

And this lil wonderful statement from a lvl 47 dirge to a lvl 70 dirge:

"Awkward stat allocations Duubard."

What oh what would be your recommendations oh wonderful lil 47 dirge to poor lil ol duubard who has to suffer through the ignominy of being a raiding dirge in one of the most successful guilds world wide.

I humbly await your magnificent suggestions to improve my stats.

Hardy har now thats emotional sorry Top had to show him the difference.
  11. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Giland Guest

I would be interested in seeing what ^^^ named mobs you are killing in your 40s solo that are your level or only 3 lower in what dungeons. If you don't know the exact name of the mob, just name the dungeon and give me an overall description of what room they are in.

Personally, I very much doubt you can solo a ^^^ named mob, let alone one in a dungeon, when that mob is within 3 levels of you.
  13. ARCHIVED-SkyBee Guest

Every single reference I have made have been written out of curiosity and skepticism of what folk stated about their experiences of the higher tiers. Duuf, every single quote you wrote were mere assumptions (as I have stated in my prior post) and not proof positive assertions that you and others assumed from your reading of my statements. None of these statements have explicitly stated that I stated "Dirges can solo well in tier6-7 and near equivalent to other subclasses" nor have none of them explicitly stated that "my lvl47 experiences will prove this".

Duubard, for a Dirge below tier5, you do have awkward stats. Since the mob to dirge dynamics are different in the lower tiers, I wonder how well you could solo with that type of stat allocation. I have been basically hunting for quest completions from lvl40 to lvl46 (combat exp disabled); heh, only untill lvl47 did I upgrade my lvl32 mastercrafted armor to continue my questing so I was basically still quest mob hunting as a tier4 Dirge for many of my tier5 levels.

This thread was helpful in the beginning until I did not agree with y'all completely and prod'n y'all with my skepticism. Then all of a sudden y'all turn into rabid hyenas for not be'n able to tolerate my responses; this is a big reason these threads become full of non-stop BS.

Giland, I think you might having something there regarding the tier5 dungeons. I've been doing much hunt'n lately. Turns out the names I have been hunting were in the tough areas of Zek and EL; I was basing my post on my previous experiences in tier4, and I was assuming I could accomplish the same with the names in the tier5 dungeons such as Deathfist Citadel. However, as long as I had my cure potions, I did pretty good until the mobs self buffs would continuously activate. I was wrong about dirge's tier5 soloing strength and I bet will be about the higher tiers.

Yeah Fromingo, your blind focus on DPS has entirely missed the point I was making. When the summoners pets die, the summoner dies; DPS has nothing to do with this. When the priest can no longer heal, then the priest is dies; DPS has nothing to do with this. When the mage can not maintain a root or stun, then the mage dies; DPS has nothing to do with this. All this is quite obvious unless ya can only focus on the DPS.

If the debuffs % reductions, Grave's Peace trigger, and Cacophony of Blades duration were increased noticeably or dramatically, then this would add quite a bit of DPS, but I am not for sure if this DPS would register as the Dirge's DPS in the group parses. There are other approaches instead of adding new DPS focus AAs or increasing the damage spells and combat arts. Due to the Dirge's shift in focus toward the group in the higher tiers and in the AA trees, I am guessing that SOE might choose to increase Dirge DPS in this manner. This is one feasible approach to the Dirge's DPS concerns.

I initially came to this forum to ask a Confront Fear question prior to the creation of this thread that never got answered from the oh so helpful dirge community claimed. (watch out now, this last part is ridiculing you.)
  14. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

/Sarcasm on

All rightiiieeeie
    Mr. 47 expert who recently upgraded from 32 mastercrafted armor

My self buffed stats when I am equipped in end game requiem armor.
    Dps Group Tank Group Solo
    Mode Mode Mode
    Dual Sword Sword
    Wield & Board & Board

Str 637 628 628
    Agi 456 483 613
    Sta 451 445 445
    Int 324 332 484
    Wis 154 166 166

Please for mine and any other "rabid hyneas" who are having a good laugh reading your spew, point out the "awkwardness" that causes the "mob to dirge dynamics" to be so different from your lvl 47 uberness.

Maybe its the low Wis, oh I forgot you agree now that Wis is pretty weak.
    Could it be the Int IDK all along I thought I was doing pretty good.
    Could you post your uber stats so I can compare
    I do so want to be an uber soloist just like you.

Oh and if you did a lil research instead of wearing out your keyboard you might find that the dirge community as a whole, or at least the hyena ones, don't use Confront fear because its lame compared to other AA goodies.
    Don't use equals don't know.
    :
    /Sarcasm off

Hardy Har

Edit note: Duh, forgot to pop my intel potion and pet pops before getting my stats 5 hrs in EH dulls the mind.
  15. ARCHIVED-Qanil Guest

SkyBee wrote:
    Maybe you did, maybe you didn't but your OP and subsequent posts were full of arrogance. People here are generally pretty nice and patient with all kinds of things. What you did is made a post contrary to popular opinon amongst some of the top level high end and time played dirges in the game. You come here trying to refute everyone else's opinions with cold hard facts from T4... make me laugh some more.
    Problem is, we at level 70 did all your levels. we know what you can and can't do, and no, telling us how our buffs work isn't helpful it's a slap in the face and makes us want to laugh you right off these boards.
    Learn to be a part of the community or don't, but don't expect people to listen to your ignorant dribble about what we can and can't do, because quite frankly, we're the ones with the knowledge, you're just learning.
    kkthx, next! Nothing to see here, move on please.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rolande' Guest

SkyBee wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-Raveller Guest

SkyBee wrote:
    So, at T4 you were fully Mastered and had all Legendary/Fabled gear? How much $$$ did you spend buying the plat to buy all that uber gear?
  18. ARCHIVED-Xasdf Guest

I don't have much to add, and I do not have a high level dirge. I just thought that the OP posting 12 times out of the first 15 posts with multiple replies to himself/herself (I am thinking female due to the one sided nature of the conversation) was hilarious. Never seen anything quite like it before.
  19. ARCHIVED-duuf Guest

Raveller wrote:
    You missed one of the biggies in SkyBees post.
    SkyBee did all of this in lvl32 mastercrafted.

"I have been basically hunting for quest completions from lvl40 to lvl46 (combat exp disabled); heh, only untill lvl47 did I upgrade my lvl32 mastercrafted armor to continue my questing so I was basically still quest mob hunting as a tier4 Dirge for many of my tier5 levels."
    This is one of the points at where the tale gets weird and improbable.
    My power level boxed dirge killed nearly every non epic named in every tier and zone for the AA and exp.
    As a side benefit his mastercrafted lasted no more than a couple of levels before he was equipped in better treasured/legendary/fabled drops.
    If SkyBee is that good a solo artist wheres the tier 4/5 gear from killing those named?