Superb Dislodgers Do Not Work At All

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Gaarysal, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Gaarysal Active Member

I bought 1 superb green adornment dislodger and 1 superb prismatic adornment dislodger and attempted to remove a green adorn off a ring and a red adorn off the belt. At first it tells me to select the adorn I want to remove (kind of pointless on the green one since you cannot put 2 green adorns on anything) but it does not bring up the typical window nor the item examine like it does when attempting to override an adornment. So I manually open up my item, use the dislodger and my cursor is red over the adornments. It still allows me to click the adornment and it casts but nothing happens. The only saving grace is that it does not waste the dislodger, it simply does nothing.
  2. Bunji Developer

I see the issue with these. Will get it fixed in a update tomorrow.
  3. bsod Member

Im not sure how these work as i don't have a toon on test right now but it would be nice if removing the adorn didn't remove the 48hr loot window on heirloom items. as this would let someone remove the adorn then trade the item to someone else in a raid. this would solve alot of the drama with adorns right now and it would be easy to require that a raid member have a dislodger on them so they can trade off gear/adorns
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

Not a lot of point in this the removal of the adornment either changes the item to appearance only or destroys the item if it has no appearance.
    This is just another idiotic process that wasn't thought through, SOE screwed up initially with the red adorns in DoV although it was 100 times better than this. Then they decided ah to hell with it we'll just stop them, this didn't go over well so they made them start dropping again. Then when CoE came out they couldn't leave well enough alone and someone had a bright idea that they could discourage the use of red adorns via some foolishness liek this.
  5. Mathrim Active Member

The new Superb ones do not destroy the item nor make it appearance only according to the patch notes. If this is truly the case and they can be bought off the Drinal merchant and dropped from heroic/raid bosses, then this could resolve a lot of the issues with pre-adorned gear.

I still think pre-adorned gear was a dumb idea, but if a Scout Bow drops with Virulent Ire proc and the raid leader can give the bow to a tank, let them use a Superb dislodger on the rune, and then hand the bow over to a scout, it could work. Still a hassle compared to the old way of just dropping the rune separate.

This all depends on if the Superbs force attune or leave the 48 hour trade tag in place. If they don't, then the only thing these are good for is pulling the non-class rune off for an alt without having to destroy an item that is looted for the main. I've had to overwrite 2 or 3 runes that I would have really liked to put on my tanks and mages but couldn't pop it off without destroying the new raid gear.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

Sorry, missed that part somehow.
    I wonder in for have to sacrifice a mana here...
    It is still stupid and that is being nice.
    Why do they have to make everything so obfuscated.
    Let the adornments drop seperate, it worked just fine is Skyshrine, they KNOW that is what people would like, but instead they keep on wasting what little dev resources we have with garbage like this instead of simply admitting "Hey we made a mistake, we didn't really think this out and we are just going to go back to the old way."
    Absolutely ridiculous.
  7. Coriel Active Member

I do not support this idea. Why? Because you're actually asking for a possibility to increase/double gear upgrades.

Right now, a scout bow with ire rune drops. You can give the item+rune to 1 player (= 1 upgrade for your raid force). If the bow was tradeable after the fighter had pulled the war rune off using a superb dislodger, this means you get 2 upgrades for your raidforce.

While I don't play on test, I seriously hope that any item is flagged "heirloom attuned" or even "no-trade" after using a superb dislodger. Else I'll have a bunch of happy (same account) alts that will use my main's gear once I get an upgrade for my main.
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Dude, learn to pick your battles. This is a good change. Gives the players the ability to remove green adorns without blowing up the item. If you have a maxed out refined green and wanna upgrade to a prime without killing either the item or the refined green this is a good solution.

Adds a rareish drop to the loot table to incent running heroics without upsetting the itemization balance. Clever addition imo.
    Le Clown likes this.
  9. Twyxx Well-Known Member

If it was a fighter bow with an ire rune then it would be 2 upgrades as well. And really, the superb dislodgers likely are going to be rare/expensive enough that you wouldn't use them on something as small as grabbing an ire rune. It won't be common enough that you would be pulling every rune off each item and doubling the upgrades.
  10. Mathrim Active Member

And just what exactly is the issue with this? This is the way it was throughout all of DoV 1.0 and the new Sleeper's Tomb Raid zone and NOONE had any issue with the rune dropping separate. It wasn't until CoE and this auto-runed fiasco that the headache with crossmatched runes on non-class gear has been such a complaint.

If you are preferring to keep the current design which is leading to so much frustration an in-fighting over whether Player A gets the item and overwrites adorn or Player B gets the adorn and destroys the item, then thats kind of sad.
    Guiscard likes this.
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

I just checked in a fix for the adornment remover. Should be on test in the next update!
  12. Irving Member

Erm, what is a superb dislodger and where do I get it, please? Thanks!

Basic Trichromatic - takes off one red, yellow, or green
    Advanced Trichromatic - takes off all red, yellow, and/or green

Basic Prismatic - takes off the white runes (i think)
    Advanced Prismatic - takes off all runes of all colors

What's Superb?

[Edit: Ah, missed the test update notes the other day. Quoting:

"Chains of Eternity heroic zone bosses and all raid bosses now have a chance to drop Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodgers. These will remove adornments without destroying the item they are attached to."

That's seriously hot.]
  13. Coriel Active Member

Again, I diagree.
    Having adornments drop with the item gives us reason to play more. A clever, if not ingenious, idea from the game designers.
    And yes, I'm aware of the fact that the majority of people on the forum whine about it. Just as they whine every time if they can't get the best of the best in minimal time. Time sinks were and are never popular, yet they're necessary IMO to keep the playerbase playing the game.
    Vailene likes this.
  14. Mathrim Active Member

There is such a thing as GOOD time sinks and OFFENSIVE time sinks. Watching a scout guildie get upset because a tank was given priority on a rune and the scout had to sit there and watch the tank destroy a weapon in front of him sucks.

It's not even about getting the best of the best in minimal time. It's about being forced to tell guildies that their toons are of less importance in gearing up than giving someone else a war rune. All because the developers couldn't add enough balanced content to keep the playerbase entertained and happy.

I guess I'm just not ok with situations like that where you find it perfectly acceptable.
    Guiscard and Alenna like this.
  15. Le Clown Active Member

better late than never? +1 update
  16. Coriel Active Member

I read this as in "watch a scout guildie not being able to look behind their own nose and understand why the upgrade was given to the tank over the scout" or as in "watch as loot was assigned unwisely and the aggrieved party spoke up".
    Loot drama is human and not totally avoidable, no matter how hard you try. And "human" cannot be patched by devs ;)
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Mathrim Active Member

Absolutely agree that it's not totally avoidable, but letting the DEVS get away with ADDING more drama by changing what was a perfectly funcitonal rune system into a MORE complicated one doesn't have to be blindly accepted either.

Not sure what you don't get about the fact that they intentionally made it MORE complicated just to extend the life of the already meager content.

If you look at the fact that they are already backtracking from this decision with the addition of Superb dislodgers, its a pretty good indication that the playerbase overall is not happy with the change.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ok I can't test this as I am the only person on beta, but if an item drops in raid and one person wants the adornment and another wants the gear? How will this work? Can both be traded within the raid force after the dislodge is used?
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

I disagree 100% with Coriel. Just wanted to say that out loud.

Guild/Loot drama is bad for the game.
    Guiscard likes this.