Sundered Ground feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

recipe book has 22 recipes for house building blocks, 11 sandstone blocks and 11 granite blocks. Including much anticipated triangle blocks!

that manly enough? I'd think construction of houses could be considered manly ;)
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'd already started the alt parade to buy a few of the no trade items. This post helps me to finish that up! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

When is this going live? I've been out of the loop for a few weeks due to the death of a friend.

*edit* OK I saw the dates, can someone explain what exactly the baubles are going to be used for when this goes live?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just to correct and clarify. You CANNOT sell baubles for gravel. The baubles can only be used to buy the house items that are currently on the vendor (the vendor will be around again during the Sundered Ground event.

You can convert gravel to baubles, NOT the other way around.

Gravel will also fit in your harvest depot, FYI.
  5. Wintir Active Member

Thanks for replying, Chikkin :)

So the entire reward system/recipe book is only to make blocks? I can see how nifty that would be for the "house" folks, but...but...but...no fancy plate armor? :/

Be well, all :)
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Just completed the Neriak side and all went well.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

just completed it on my Ratonga Conjuror no problem.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear the Neriak side has gone swimmingly. Thank you for the feedback!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Canth Active Member

I was able to finish as a fae, but Queen Amree did not have a book over her head to indicate the quest was complete.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I finished the quest yesterday on the goodie toons that were stuck. Still can't see items from recipe, but glad I could finish it.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

As I understand it, we don't have to spend our baubles by the end of the first event because the merchant will still be there with all items? I'm asking because I had originally planned a spending spree the night before the end of the first event. It would be nice to know if I have more time.

Second, I assume that when the second event starts we will no longer be able to get the baubles to spend at the merchant. Is this correct?

Thanks.
  12. Irish Active Member

Katz, you can still buy the items off merchant for baubles during second event. The only way to get more baubles is trading in the the new gravel drops for baubles.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Katz like this.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I finished it as a Conji and spoke to the fae queen Queen Amree with no issues. There was a book above her head, quest turn in showed on map and quest updated as intended.
  14. Canth Active Member

Odd. Mine was a level 17 fae fury. I had to remember which building up there the Queen was in because the book wasn't flashing on the map. I know it wasn't a UI setting somewhere because the intermediary step turn ins had books and feathers on the map. This was the only step that didn't.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I was a lvl 16 Kerrin. Yup all the turn in books even showed on the map for me.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

The quest icon issue is a lingering bug related to the fae, highelf, halfelf, or woodelf issue with Queen Amree. Quest icons, related to dialogue, are not automatically generated by the game engine. It should be resolved tomorrow along with the missing art.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can build the empire state building with all that gravel before I get my first update
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm going to try not to bite anyone. I'm going to try really hard. But if certain testers feel me staring holes in their backs, they really *should* have known better. :p

Some folks raised concerns with me on Thursday, and I very clearly and repeatedly told them to POST because I was going to be unavailable until today.

I see no posts by them. Therefore, once again, it falls to me to be the lone voice representing several tester's concerns.

I don't think it can be overstated how heavy the demand will be for the building blocks. I have a feeling that the current spawn amounts and spawn speeds will not be able to keep up with the voracious demand from decorators, especially given the 1-for-1 ratio between gravel and the finished blocks.

I did a test this morning with the spawn area in Tranquil Sea. (Level 95 mobs with my level 99 warden). I could have just as easily done it with the yellow-con ones in Phantom and seen pretty much the same result.) No merc, nothing fancier than mastercrafted gear. I easily killed the mobs spawned golems and was sitting on my hands for 2 minutes waiting on respawn. If there had been even 1 more person there (much less the several I expect mobbing each area), that's plenty of time for fights to break out, since the body drops are not group-friendly/shared. The mobs also would be dying a lot faster.

Given the fact that NOBODY spoke up last week about this while I was packing, traveling, etc. like they should have, I'm not even sure there's enough time before it goes live for anything to be done about it, but I still want to raise the red flag.

~Mum "why yes it is pouring here so my pain levels are making me grumpy - why do you ask?"
  19. Leafa Active Member

[quote="Niami DenMother, post: 6255407, member: 68"

I don't think it can be overstated how heavy the demand will be for the building blocks.[/quote]

This, this, THIS.

The components should be something consistently available even after the event is gone.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

We have already foreseen this, as explained in a post earlier in this thread.

~ Kaitheel