Sunday is Visiting Day!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Jun 20, 2021.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I have declared that from now on Sundays are going to be my Visitor Days on the Housing and Leaderboards to other people's decorated houses. I feel like we don't really explore this option enough. So many people myself included like to decorate homes in Everquest II and yes, you are doing it mainly for the pleasure and for yourself but how much nicer to have others visit and rate and comment on your decorations? I have much mail from people whose homes I've visited and rated and who have in turn come and seen mine. It is yet another aspect of the game that too many people leave unexplored IMHO.

Sunday is also my day for Wearing of Disguises = of simply unchecking Hide My Illusion Form button and wearing whatever latest disguise my various characters have decided to put on themselves. So if you see a strange and unknown creature exploring your home on a Sunday .. 'tis merely I entertaining myself and rating your decorated home.

Also I must say that I'm a bit confused by the announcement in red writing at top of forums here ~ it says Exploring Troubles getting Game to Launch. And it is dated to yesterday ~ as far as I can tell today is Sunday, June 20th, 2021 ~ is it not? Perhaps my computer date is wrong? But if not that message apparently has been there for 2 days and I have had no trouble whatsoever getting game to launch .. I am in EQ2 right now. And I think that I shan't log out if there is something amiss afoot about possibly getting back in .. so I guess I'm glad I saw that red announcement without understanding it.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So right now my Ogre Fury/Provisioner is disguised as a Tiger and she is visiting a decorated home on the Massive Homes category of the Housing and Leaderboards named Dragon Estates by Charnice. So the first thing you see upon entering is a Teleportation Pad sitting in the little riverlet and across it is an Allu'thoan Fire Pit and up on hills across a riverlet are a Scary Eidelon Jungle Tree under which are Mounts of Horned Mountain Saliraptor and a little aways is a Leaping Vulrich and a Scary Deathcharger. On the entry side of the riverlet near the pavilion of this Mara Estate Home is a Packing Crate so I'm assuming that some of the the items for decoration got packed up inside it. One of the houses on far riverlet side has a sign stating that Sales Crates are inside but there are none so I'm supposing that they at least are inside the packing crate. Still it is a nicely decorated home that apparently serves mainly as a Mount Holding Station, something I want to dedicate one of my houses to = probably one for all of my 20 characters unused mounts.

There are near the little ponds a Rilission Soldiers Mount and a rich army that must indeed be! because the ordinary soldier's mount is draped in gold satiny appointments. There are a flying Sokokar Windrider at the pond by pavilion bridge which has a cute fairy lantern on bridge post; and a Sokokar Airstrider perched on a rock by the pond. I am very impressed with Sokokars because I don't have any yet and Gorralok especially wants one so she is quite jealous and trying to figure how to lure one of these away (but she doesn't succeed!) There are a Sinister and an Arcane Prowler Mount at the ponds and nearby a Frost Horse that is the first of it's kind that I've ever seen and also a Order of the Rime Icemare. The Horse of a Different Color changes from purple to yellow as I watch and back again to purple when I am not.

Near and in the stables are horse mounts of a Qeynos Protector Pegasus and a Dark Pegasus and a Far Seas Pack Pegasus and a Grey Mustang Pack Horse and a Pack Unicorn. There are some shrines to gods, the first one I see is to Tunare. There is also a 12th Anniversay Celebration Mount, a seagreen Winged Lion and a Warslik Pridewing. Swimming in another pond is a Cavedrifter Plushie which I know are very difficult to find and theres a Bridled Treatara Windgazer.

Outside the tower are a large silver Likeness of Vallon Zek and a golden Likeness of Tallon Zek and inside the tower is only a rather odd looking Urn of the Sleeper and fittingly the rest of tower is void. I think the oddest thing I saw in Dragon Estates was a DEFLATED BROKENSKULL ZEPPELIN looking very weird with it's draped, downed sail cloth on the small deck. In a tan tent nearby I saw 2 treasured snow globes I've never seen before = a Souvenir Defeated Sarnak snowglobe and a smaller Souvenir Charging Boar snowglobe on an octagonal redwood table near an unbeforeseen Odorous Chest of odd shape looking like a bench before the table and a djinn mandolin propped against table.

Then there were many flying carpets displayed and flying disks of all types, weathers and conditions = showing again that this is a mount storage home. Nearby all of these transportation modes was a Kromzek Sparring Ring with a very fitting looking Rebuilt Blood Iron Forge in the middle of it fitting just snuggly like it belonged there. I think if I ever put a home on display with a forge in it, especially a unique one, I'll set it to Visitor usage so that people touring the home can make items to take away from the limited supplies I'll supply in Harvest Chest and Fuel Chest. This one like most did not allow for visitor usage.

There were the two houses on very far corner across the riverlet and the one empty of stated sales crates sign mentioned has a Vasty Deep lab subject out front and the other house had in front a Shrine of Eternal Agony, Obsidian Warbow, an Obelisk of Fear and a Relic of Scale with a bench and globe of color. There was a Dark Verdant Druid Ring but all of the homes provided were void and empty save for a piano in one. Also there was a Goblin Excavator Archiologist very fond of wheelbarrows. All in all a pretty interesting house considering that some stuff was still in packing crate.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

That's an excellent walkthrough, Whysper, and you are right. We often forget to tour the homes on display.

I myself have spent countless hours decorating many of my prestige homes, but only a few have ever come close to being sufficiently completed enough to post. My Halas Magical Manor has turned into a fabulous tailor shop, but there are a couple areas that are still unshowable (in my mind).

I applaud your dedication to setting aside time for this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Thank you Hartsmith! Glad you enjoyed the walkthrough and I really do enjoy visiting the creative work of others in their EQ2 decorated homes. Was going to say that I will visit yours next but it sounds like you still have a few areas of concern before putting it up on display. Do let me know and I'll take a look-see whenever you are ready!
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Okay I have found another home to tour as Whysperwynde this time even though it's Monday, not Sunday and I took off my Sunday disguise of "looking like an empty hooded purple armor studded with turquoise buttons wearing turquoise gloves with ethereal blue lights floating all around me" (if anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows the name of this disguise please tell me because I like it a lot but have lost the name of it.)

The Decorated Home is called "Evilal's and Con's work" by Evilal and is a multi-trophy displaying house of trophies for many other homes and some of the Teleportals to other homes are present but I haven't explored any of them as yet. I can hardly recognize Felwithe Manor which this home actually is for all of the trees and shrubbery even though my own main home is Felwithe. I am tempted to place more trees now, many more trees, into my own Felwithe which is decorated akin to Faydark Forrest. This Felwithe of Evilal's and Con's is amazingly disguised though.

There is great and intrepid use of water tiles throughout and have you ever stepped onto a Library floor made up of starry sky tiles? It is heavenly and heady. The kitchen area is stately and all of a piece with grey and gold counters, countertops and ranges alike with a matching kitchen island in middle .. very modern with grey stove and oven burning strong. There is a remarkably large walk-in freezer with 2 thick, vault-like doors. The Tinkering Room has a round moving gear doorway with moving nuts n bolts to the sides. The stately bedroom has a canopy bed, matching couch and a very clever dragon bubblebath tub. There is a nice relaxing Aquarium Room and an InHome Theater with the feature playing being "Cat Woman of the Fire Swamp" very exciting viewing! There is a rather precarious bridge to a fiery fueled stone tower in middle and a frosty land of snow and snowmen & women in an annex; a beautiful canopy in one of the watery annexes and a flower laden treehouse in the 3rd. A Guild Door is included up front and a nice greeting calls out "Welcome to the Village of Lillewithee" or something like that. I think I spelled it wrong and it's hard to walk just the way to call the greeting up again. But very pleasant and well appointed village indeed it is!
    Breanna likes this.