Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus is now broken

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Juraiya, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Message to the devs (if any actually read the forums):

Ok, we all know that the lion mount from Hero's Fest was messed up, that you couldn't put another mount in the appearance slot. That made it so that for some of my lower level characters, I was using the Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus instead, because I HATE the appearance of those patchwork mounts, and prefer to use wings.

But in the process of making the pegasus mount for level 35 and above, you borked it in exactly the same way that the lion mount was borked. Obviously someone just cut and pasted some code that was borked, or you are accessing a borked class in the code.

This is really aggravating. Please fix this. I'm sure I'm not the only person that absolutely despises the looks of those patchwork mounts, but uses them because they allow lower level characters to be able to fly. I really prefer to use wings for all of my characters' mount appearances, because they're much more streamlined and less in the way of other players, but your borking of the code has made this impossible.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Yeah, better it be restricted in level than be a mount you can't cover up.

I don't even dislike the patchwork mounts, but for some characters, it's just not the look I'm going for.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, they were raising it from 10 to 35, so it was becoming more restricted, not less. I suspect they were trying to even it out with other flying mounts that have been introduced in the past year or two.

Frankly, one of the reasons I even bothered to get to level 20 on FG was specifically for this mount BECAUSE it was flyable at level 10. So I'm not too happy about the level restriction being added on to it now. However, I can live with that (although I have a few mules who are very low level who now won't be able to fly), but the lack of being able to use a different appearance mount, THAT bothers me.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

They need to look up what happens when you give things to people and then take them away. It makes you unhappy and it's better to not have it in the first place. Just leave things as they were and don't take away what was given.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That is true, but we're talking about a company that never understood that advertising might actually bring in more customers (players). They're not exactly customer savvy. I mean, was anyone *complaining* that the mount was flyable at level 10? I doubt it, which means that they were changing it for their own internal pleasure, not the pleasure of the customer. Not exactly a very customer oriented approach.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I chose to play on RtT before it was launched not even knowing about the mount.

I would hazard a guess, someone or some people that didn't play on RtT, complained because people that did had something useful that they did not have. Same with the anniversary mount that was changed. *shrugs*

If I complained about everything I don't have because I was not participating, I would have all the ethereal coins I could ever want. But none of the people that whine about things like this ever consider the things they have that others do not.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

A complaint about the anniversary mount started the Pegasus fiasco. :mad:
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

So you know what triggered them to make this change? I never heard anything, but that's very disappointing to know about our fellow players.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

11. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

There was a second thread discussing the point that the sun-bright Pegasus mount was an item desirable because it WAS a level 10 flight capable mount that was EARNED not bought. It was the Bait reward for trying out the Race to Trakanon server.
    but by the time i logged in to comment .. it had apparently been deleted.
    Bad form daybreak.. you gave a promised reward to players who paid and played in good faith.. and now because of a complainer you rescind the prize as earned .
    It might have been better to set up another event to earn a similar mount for players who missed out on The Race to Trakanon.. instead of taking away earned items from tried and true customers.
    its understood that everything in game is yours and we just rent playing rights ... its assumed you would like the rental payments to continue...
  12. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, she wasn't even complaining about it; she had only made a comment (iirc) that the 12th anniversary mount had been using the same text as the Sunbrite pegasus, but was only usable from level 35 onward, despite saying it was flyable at level 10. I have no idea why Thark took her meaning that they were BOTH broken, and needed to be set to level 35, because that's NOT what she had said.
  13. Crastinal Active Member

Plot twist: when first released, the Anniversary patchwork lion ALSO used to fly at level 10, it changed a couple weeks after the Hero Festival, and has been broken* for years now.

*Considering it is a quested mount from a limited event, there's no real reason why it was changed from level 10 to 35. The change was poorly implemented: the mount text does NOT inform the level needed to fly, also it does not take another mount in the appearance slot: the actual thing people were complaining about in the original thread, that is what Daybreak did not touch. And managed to break the Pegasus just for fun.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Although I do apologize for bringing up the whole broken text bit in the first place; it wasn't my intention at all that BOTH of them should now be broken.

And from what I've heard, I don't think it was any of the players complaining about folks getting flight ability at 10th; my goodness, I was jazzed up to 110th and back to be able to have my lowbies finally be able to fly before they (or I) got old and grey! It was the major thing that inspired me to do the Heroes' Festival quests (because the "just try to kill the stupid patchwork monster, we dare you" thing wasn't even remotely enjoyable) for everyone, to be able to get that 12th Anniversary patchwork (which, frankly, I like the looks of, but I digress). I certainly was shocked and surprised when both my flight capability and my mount appearance were taken away simultaneously (there were many a /bug and /petition from me about that, and no satisfaction did I ever get directly about it), and from what I hear, it was a dev that didn't like the idea in the first place. Something to do with the new Zek instance or something. >:-/

But yeah, you're right; this isn't exactly the way to make customers happy. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Tkia like this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

I go there on my alts because I like Zhugrus, but that's about it.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thark strikes me as a new dev; he wasn't a Red Name for quite awhile, and he may just have been following orders given from on high, potentially from the more senior dev who didn't like all this "flying before we say you can" (but, but, but...YOU said we could at 10th...) business and yanked it. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could we please get our abilities matching the level 10 text before ANOTHER toon of mine dies from a fall in Kelethin, while mounted on something with WINGS? >:-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

The devs just might spite everyone by taking all flying mounts back to the initial level 85 requirement :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee, good point. :(

Uwk
    Lateana likes this.
  20. Areian Member

I saw that today. I haven't played for a while due to having some health issues. It is so stupid that they had to mess with that mount, but hey they have to cater to the whiners that didn't do the work to get the mount or weren't playing at the time. It sucks, not like the mount was an unfair advantage, but we are in the age of "if I can't have it, nobody should" It is so stupid! Not only did they screw up the mount after the promise that it was level 10 when we played on their "special" server, but they also screwed up the appearance option. Taking away something they gave is only going to upset players, catering to the whiny bunch is a mistake. Let them rage quit, because some of us on the other side will rage quit too eventually after the bait and switch.