Summoners: Broken Mechanics

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Aniathor, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Aniathor Member

I am almost to my breaking point with the Conjuror class because the broken and unbalanced mechanics are just getting worse as the game progresses. I have posted threads about this multiple times, but am ignored. There are multiple major problems at the moment, and I will make this one last attempt at addressing what they are and what needs to be done to fix them. If they are not, I doubt I play this game much longer. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this way.

BEST IN SLOT ITEM EFFECTS WHICH DO NOT SHARE WITH PRIMARY OR DUMBFIRE PETS:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

There are literally hundreds of other items with effects that do not share along with these, but the above are all items which are empowering players to dps, and really pushing it to this expansion's tier of dps. Summoners are falling horribly behind because these effects flat out do not work on 50% of their dps, being pets, and dumbfire pets.

ENCOUNTER SPECIFIC PROBLEMS:

• There are hundreds of encounters in this game which "Empower PlayerX to Damage X mob" that pets are excluded from because the game is not coded to put this effect on them. On fights like this, summoners should be flat out replaced. I don't see a way to macro fix this problem other than having all beneficial effects from summoners apply to their pets, or share live stats 100% which I have been preaching for some time now.
    • In the vast majority of this expansion's raid content, and even a lot in previous expansions, mobs will apply an effect which deals damage to the entire raid, or a part of it. This effect hits our pets, and almost always just one shots them because they have no mitigation like players do to mitigate the effect. I am glad that they at least have the HP now, but it's meaningless without the mitigation to back it. Pets need to be completely immune to these effects, there is absolutely no point for them not to be.
    • Mobs with AE auto attack, specifically adds which engage in an encounter from another location, obliterate our dumbfire pets because they are not immune to AE autoattack and have the hp or mit to live through it. Dumbfires need to be immune to all types of damage except for DIRECT damage. There is no reason for them not to be. We cannot control where they stand, why should we be punished for it? This is a HUGE portion of our dps out the window.
    I am confident that much of the development team is already aware of these things, but enough is enough already. This stuff needs to be addressed as soon as possible, it's ruining the game for many of us.
    Beee, Kalika, Zelox and 11 others like this.
  2. Dontpannic New Member

PLEASE PLEASE address this i wish i could use these best in slot items on my Necro. These are Game changing items and summoners are not getting the full effect or even half of it due to Dumbfire Pets being so high on our DPS chart
  3. Corv Member

I support this post.

- Corv, Necromancer of Everfrost
  4. Leetch Member

I totally agree with Aniathor's post also. I dont even see how these not sharing could be intentional.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

Good luck with this it would be nice. Has any GM ever answered anything in the class forum?
  6. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Great post.
  7. Anunnaki Active Member

The dumbfire issue really bugs me. They have a relatively long cast time, and nothing is more aggravating than wasting all that time to call them out for them to be one shotted by a mob and miss their entire duration.

Why bother making a pet class if the pet mechanics dont even work? The pet stats were *somewhat* addressed in ToV, so they are clearly aware of it. Just wish it would be done properly so we stop getting screwed.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with this post
  9. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If you do do something about pet/dumbfire survivability don't forget about beastlords too thanks.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

Add me to the list, I'd love to see stat sharing include ALL our stats, and dumbfires be given the full immunity they should have.
  11. Loldawg Member

Dumbfires die a lot and they are critical to the class. Unlike when a spell might resist or get interrupted, once we cast the dumbfires we can't cast again until reuse is back up. That's a problem.

+1 to just sharing the summoner's stats w/ the pet.
  12. Dajjal New Member

Fix summoners....again....so we start getting 100% use out of items like all other classes do. Failing to factor in the fact that summoners and beastlords have pets and their pets need to be considered can no longer be considered an oversight since its been addressed time and again. At this point, they are either incredibly short-sighted or they just brain dump everything they have learned about pet classes from one expansion to the next. The only other possibility is that they just downright ignore pet mechanics because it would be too much work for them. All of these possibilities are just plain unacceptable and need to be dealt with. All stats, including the stat procs from items, need to be shared, period. Come on SOE, you have the tools to make this happen and it is not an unreasonable request, stop neglecting the summoner community.
  13. Malachy Well-Known Member

Nerf base pet damage by 30%, increase summoner base damage across the board by 45%. Done.

This is the only type of solution they will consider, because asking them to look at hundreds of items and procs is simply out of the question.

Good luck.
  14. Belton Member

Also agree 100% Our class is becoming worthless now. Easily replaced by Wizard and Warlocks. Please. For the love of god fix these issues highlighted above.
  15. Aniathor Member

You must not be very familiar with how summoners work if you think that decreasing pet dmg and increasing summoner dmg would be any sort of solution. Why would sony have to look at hundreds of items and procs? There is a sharing system is already in place, it just skips certain modifiers, so saying that they would need to look at 100's of items is ridiculous. It's a matter of simply copying what is modifying the mage's dps and giving it to the pet. The only thing that would have to change is the sharing system, not the items.

I really do not want to derail this thread with negativity. I really appreciate the vast majority of the community voicing their opinions as well.
    Zelox likes this.
  16. Swanga Member

Sadly without the best gear fully gem the summoner class really can't put out numbers. I see it on my necro and my conjy. I've been raiding for nearly 5 years on my conjy AND necro switching back and forth and right now I am extremely agitated with the fact that we are being replaced by Wizard's and Warlocks. It's not right and it's not fair. Especially when GM's are doing nothing about it. Let's take a look at how the best necro in the game stripped himself of his gear and made a warlock because that's how bad summoners are right now. It's just unbelievable.

I stand by Aniathor and all the summoners doing end game raiding; It's time for the GM's to fix shared stats to ALL of our pets.
    Dontpannic likes this.
  17. Dontpannic New Member

"Especially when GM's are doing nothing about it. Let's take a look at how the best necro in the game stripped himself of his gear and made a warlock because that's how bad summoners are right now. It's just unbelievable."

this is so true
  18. Slyver New Member

+1 All the items mentioned by the OP need looked into.
  19. leannel New Member

I'm in complete agreement with this post. I would love to see a response from SOE letting us know this is being looked into.
    black11b likes this.
  20. Treiko Active Member