Summoner pets

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

as far as i can tell planes walker melee got nerfed by like 90 percent and the 111+ pets got buffed like 10 percent. Planeswalker is still doing way more damage
    Teletrium, Ashandra and Beee like this.
  2. Observing Active Member

It's amazing that the epic 2.0 pet is so good they had to not only not allow it to level above 110, but also buff the other pets 38% or 50% that you can GM (skipping the horrible expert grind), and nerf it's auto-attack 4 expansions later, and it is STILL better than any BOL pet
    Teletrium, Ashandra and Beee like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

It's not that Plansewalker/Reaper are that good - the whole PetCaster meachnic did not scale for the last Expansion. Neither for high potency nore for fervor.

Look at the best swarmpet pet spell (Communion lv 120 Celestrial) It's almost useless ( A post about the ls 110 spell can be found >> HERE << ) . A pet mechanism which hits every 4 seconds will not work if you reduce the duration to 8 seconds.

Actual a Conjurer is just useable as mitigation and fervor buff bot :confused:

The 50% damage incerase of Pets above 111 is a fake - it's not a 50% base increase, it's a 50 invisible Fervor buff. which means it's a 10-12% increase from a very low level, so the new pets are still useless. Even a working 50% increase is not enough to make a new pet more worthable tha ancient Planeswalker
  4. Ashandra Well-Known Member

The 50% damage increase threw me as well when they say to you increase damage by 50% then do something else that actually increases by far less is not straight talking. Add a nerf to the pets melee at the same time for good measure also just adds heat to the fire for summoners.
    Observing, Teletrium and Beee like this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Suggestions

Give lvl 111+ pets epic strikes
    Greatly increase the lvl 111+ swarm pet damage
    Greatly increase the damage on Blazing avatar and increase the chance for it reset elemental blast with aa
    Greatly increase the damage on crystaline destruction
    Greatly increase the damage component on Conflagration of flames or make it scale depending on the level of fire seed and add overcap fervor to it
    Give us a upgraded spell like Plane Shift 2 with nice new stuff , bascially every other class got a upgraded spell so why not conjurors?

Remove the stiffle/stun on Summoners siphon and add overcap fervor on it

Make unda Arcanus spiritus hit for max dmg regardless of range and increase the damage to same as daggerstorm
    Teletrium and Beee like this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

The addition of the epic pet to the summoner arsenal effectively made the three pets we previously used more or less obsolete. Instead of a new skill, we traded 3 for a really awesome new one. My conjuror loves her planeswalker (and her communion dudes) and relies heavily on them for their assistance in combat.

The advent of Blood of Luclin has many summoners confused. Why is the Planeswalker only level 110? Will it be effective on higher level content? Is Daybreak phasing out the Epic 2.0 skill? Are the "old" pets relevant again? (Some seem to forget that not all conjurors have the Epic 2.0 pet, though it is reasonable to presume that most folks wanting to play a summoner have managed to get to the end of the Chaos Descending Timeline to get the skills.)

Much of the confusion is inherent to the nature of the skill. If the Planeswalker was meant to replace the other three class pets, why do we still have those skills? If not, why isn't Planeswalker merely a buff that enhances the summoned pet of our choice? How does Daybreak plan to move forward with our favored class?

For now I am still loving the Planeswalker and casting my celestial communion dudes lovingly even if they both have seen better days.
    Teletrium and Beee like this.
  7. Noobless Member

why is heartseeker hawk and the sk pet both upgraded 2 120 but the conjy pet wasnt o_O
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

a broken mechanic can not be solved by rising 10 levels
  9. Observing Active Member

They should just make the level 120 summoner spells Planeswalker II and Reaper II instead of what they are.
    Goezer likes this.
  10. Bardonio Active Member

Just delete summoners altogether just like the empyral quintessence currency. Problem solved. There will never be a fine tune for summoners that put them in a spot like they were pre tov. Either the coding is so old to actually fix, or it’s just lazy programming. Either way, once the tank scripts were introduced, all pre epic 2 pets were rendered useless. I’m still using reaper. It does significantly better dps than any of the newer pets. Hands down. Lifeburn has been useless for necros. Communion for conjys should be used for group encounters since it’s an aoe damage pet. The list can go on and on. At this point it’s time to rethink swapping to a swashbuckler.
  11. Tabri Well-Known Member

I tested the pets a little but not enough to really put in stone this is what I got.

Grandmaster Aery hunter vs Planeswalker(Ancient) on the same mob, same buffs, parsed just about the same not much of a difference.
    Mage pet on the same mob parsed close to those two being at grandmaster and ancient level and it is only journeyman. I cannot test the mage pet as a higher tier as I cannot even upgrade any of my spells with the way they have it setup right now maybe in 6 months I might get enough rares and/or sage books(along with guildies) to do so. Just a short observation.
  12. Giga Member

I laughed when I saw Conjs got a bigger increase in pet damage, then I remembered how Conjs seem to always get the love. Early EQ it was understandable due to the advantage necros got for soloing, now not so much..
  13. Bardonio Active Member

A developer plays a conjuror. Confirmed. However: after extensive testing in heroics, it’s apparent that the epic pets still do more damage at ancient over any lvl 111+ profession pet at grandmaster tier. Remember for necros: tank pet is a warrior. Mage pet is a warlock(encounter ae heavy damage) and nightshade is just “scout” (heavy ST damage). I only have 142k potency but I reforged into DPS since it’s shared with our primary pets. It is what it is and it will always be “what it is”. I would rather throw DS from a scout. It’s not fun to grind cause everything is gated behind something. Every aspect of the game lately seems to be gated behind something. The pay to win is heavy. Just look at the marketplace: cobalt crates. BoL was pushed so the devs could take an extended vacation. Go look on the trade skill npc in Aurelian coast. 30 days out until those two red adorns that increase fervor to spells and the combat arts rune. Carrots on sticks. This is the game moving forward. There’s no more rewards for hard work. Not in years. State of micro transactions are increasing. Now we really can’t blame the developers for micro transaction, that’s the publisher. Don’t kill the messenger tho. Sk epic pet levels to 120. Why aren’t summoner epic pets leveling to 120?
    Giga likes this.
  14. Giga Member

Can easily blame the developers or company, I understand the Microtrans and I even support it. Back when they went F2P with enhanced micro transactions a rep from the company made a post somewhere, I forget its been years, saying it was the only reason they could move forward keeping Everquest 2 open. The All-access plans failed, the new franchises brought in little to no money after upkeep cost, and F2P fixed that to where they could at least remain somewhat profitable. I doubt that is the same now.

I spent more money and time on this game then I would like to admit. Back in vanilla EQ2 and DoF our guild spent numerous hours with the Devs weekly testing raids, dungeons, etc. Helping to find what did and didn't work, many guilds had this opportunity back then, they cared about the players. Now they have to bribe people with "beta" access and rewards if you do X action on the test server.

I cancelled my sub, I don't say that to be one of those over dramatic people "OMG F you game I am cancelling". but because I cannot find myself supporting the current state of the development. EQ1 still gets quality support, the expansions are great, and new abilities, AAs, etc are still developed with a sense of the class that gets it and to add more fun and flavor to the game. I do sincerely hope that EQ2 goes on for many many more years, and I hope the dev team learns from some of the pain that the players have to deal with. Everyone should be able to log in every day and enjoy the content no matter what it is; solo, group, dungeons, raid etc. The current Meta for last few xpacs have been pretty much finish story and level cap in 30 mins to an hour and grind solo/heroic dungeons for weeks/months, then raid.
  15. Bardonio Active Member

I was about to grind out tons of the Aurelian coast ts researching quest currency on 12 alts multiple times a day until I realized that I’m never going to benefit from the fervor runes from the npc. So instead, I’ll sell the currency on the broker on IoR. It’s only about 150 spectral marks but seriously, at this point there is no way I’ll be able to afford the anticipated cost of the recipe which will prolly be 5000 marks or some stupidly insane amount of currency. When did the game start to feel like a grindy, pay to win game? It used to be fun and much more competitive without the cash infusion “wwin if you can afford it” attitude. Can’t keep up with end game without puttting money into your character unless you play the market and rip people off for Kronos etc. or do the transfer to Thurgadin server to buy stuff on the cheap and resell on other servers for double. And all that costs cash too. It’s a no win for players who don’t put a dime into their characters except for the sub cost.
    Giga likes this.