Summoner Pet AI and Appearance UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. yondii Member

Has anyone else noticed that Empower servant is broken? If I use ACT I get no incoming heals or power replenish for my pet.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

It has *everything* to do with it. People complaining about useless pets not having a function caused the devs to *completely* redesign the pets. Having the ability to almost tank mobs (or provide heals) lends credit even more to anyone that would cry that we aren't a T1. It's pushing us in the opposite direction of what we should be going. But hey, at least you can tank a level 80 epicx4!
    Scrappyz and Yoube like this.
  3. Pantz Active Member

complain to them. not to me. please stop the harassment. i like the changes.
  4. Gawron Member

I would in your place would not began to rejoice.Pet tank as before absolutely can not able to keep aggro. And I test it in Mastercraft the gear. Plus the fact that he doesn't hold aggro, he neverepeat.
  5. Gawron Member

But how I am not interested in solo play it is not much upsets me compared to other things.
  6. Gawron Member

By the way in the RAID gear I think Peta tank not even frustrated with me.
  7. Anunnaki Active Member

That's what this thread is for. Discussing the changes. Don't call it harassment because I voiced my disagreement with you.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  8. sycla Active Member

This certainly is not the time for this thread to go off the rails.
    Please change Etox to what it was before the nerf or lower the recast time or both.
    If these Etox changes are implemented then summoner can walk away from this revamp with some positive changes .
    Thanking all the Dev's for the time they put into making these changes happen.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

For pet the new pet weapon Mastery AA can you by any chance replace the +2% Melee damage it gives to fire pets? Mainly because fire pets do not Melee

Also Elemental Proficiency says it is supposed to improve mitigation resistance of the conjurors spells and instead it adds Strike-through to Fire seed? I never understood that part
    Deveryn likes this.
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Pet Weapon Mastery for the mage pet boggled me as well. Bonus melee damage won't do anything now. I think we should instead see a small bump to crit chance. Perhaps bonus melee damage could be applied to the healer pet. Maybe it could also get some kind of boost from Enhance: Summoned Pets.

As far as ETox goes, I agree that it could use a better recast. The Deathlord prestige ability has one of the more ridiculous conditions for a reset. I would suggest linking it to Undead Horde instead (which actually sounds more appropriate) and simply dropping the timer on ETox.

Other than that, things are looking good for this revamp. Again, I'm thrilled and grateful that all this is finally happening.
  11. Enigma Active Member

I would prefer it added crit bonus rather than crit chance :D or doublecast would be nice.
    Anunnaki likes this.
  12. Shesaz Active Member

13. Enigma Active Member

I would prefer that undead horde had a lower base reuse than it being tied to a res spell.
  14. sycla Active Member

The only reason dev's touched E tox was because of the alleged lag it was causing.
    Once they did that they arrived at a good replacement for the spell.
    Then came the OP warlocks and others calling for a nerf.
    Sadly the devs listened to the as$%^ts and nerfed it to oblivion.
    we have been waiting forever for these changes and if you cant give etox the damage you initially thought right in beta then it would be better to leave it unchanged.
    It is a endline spell and should get either the damage you initially thought was appropriate or a 30 sec recast.
    just end these long drawn summoner changes with something that leaves a smile on every summoner.
    What is the reason to remove a perfectly good summoner ability and replace it with something which is mediocre at best.
    Do you want summoners playing this game?
    We are not asking for much..just implement the changes you thought were best for Etox initially
    Pixilicious, Scrappyz, Skulls and 3 others like this.
  15. Annelee New Member

^ Agree
    Skulls likes this.
  16. Skulls Member

In addition, the summoner class now has no group damage proc utility, which makes us less desirable in raid, kinda like the old days when nobody cared or wanted a ranger. Many raid named fights last for 15, 20 or 30 minutes long and now were the only mage not bringing a group damage proc. This may seem small, but its really not, and needs to be worked into some of our good until cancelled spells.
    I have given two posts mentioning this and giving easy great ideas to do this. Both sorcerers wizzy and lock have a good until cancelled full time group damage proc (Arcane Tyrant and Miasma) and in addition can then cast a temp group damage proc (Frigid Gift and Curse Of Darkness).
    Can you please give the summoner a good group damage proc added to the necro unholy covenant and the conjuror elemental aspect. They can do the same amount of damage for each summoner, but again please make them different procs with different names so they can stack, necro can proc disease and conjy can proc heat. Always been so stupid, casting elem tox if two summoners were in group, didn't stack cancelling out one of the summoners spell.

These changes to Elem Tox listed in above posts, increasing its damage or lowering its recast timer, and adding a group damage proc to the summoners, must be done now, before tomorrows patch. Without this being done, all you have done is nerfed the summoners for no reason, putting us even farther behind the dps classes than we were before you started all this.

Where is the common sense here?
    Gawron, Pixilicious and Annelee like this.
  17. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

And pretty much made everyone that had a summoner put them on the shelf.. My necro pretty much has been shelved as my Illy is much more desired now but with these changes, he'll be even less desired now :(
  18. Mistral New Member

I think everybody agrees that the utility of summoners is non existant.
    As said before, more now with the removing of the only groupe buff we had.
    So I don't understand why the summoners' DPS still fall behind warlock & wizz ?
    Not only that, we have issues with the itemization too and how we don't benefit items & temp buff as other mages do.
    Some changes done here seem ok, but to be honest, I don't see the gap between summoner and warlock/wizz being reduced as it should be. I just hope I am wrong...
    Scrappyz and Annelee like this.
  19. Gawron Member

And you classes warlock and magician generally viewed? Summoners lose in the first place buffs on the type of pen and bloody sacrifices. Secondly, as I wrote above statistics with some gear and own AA does not affect the main pet and temporary Pets.This is the main difference between the spells I wrote for the necro.
  20. Gawron Member

+1