Summoner Pet AI and Appearance UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Feb 18, 2015.

1. sycla Active Member

Combat weapon mastery now gives pet combat run speed.
    Whaaat we be OP now. Ok so our AA's which were not doing anything will do something now..not that anyone will spec that.
    Just curious.....of all the choices you had why run speed? Would never have thought of that one.
    Wish I could find a group in Beta to test out the changes.
  2. sycla Active Member

The pet AA's which you are replacing were supposed to add dps of the pet.
    Please consider changing the increase in run speed to something like increase in base damage of pet.
  3. Caith Developer

Lack of sleep. While in combat runspeed isn't useless for a scout pet, it's certainly not all that useful. It will be updated to something else before the changes go live.
    Anunnaki, sycla and Deveryn like this.
  4. Shesaz Active Member

5. Caith Developer

It's a healer pet, not a tank pet. Have you tested it in a group setting, because it seems you are complaining about how well it does completely solo, without even you assisting it, and then asking for it to be useful in a group.
  6. Koko Well-Known Member

Be careful what you wish for, you might actually get it.
    konofo likes this.
  7. Shesaz Active Member

Oh I know it's not a tank pet. I'm not testing its ability to tank, I'm testing its ability to withstand a certain amount of damage, and I'm using a solo mob's damage as a means to measure it

I just think that if it can't heal through the damage of a solo mob, it's not likely to provide (worthy) help with healing through a heroic zone. My single-target necro heal will heal a tank for about 220k every 5 seconds or so. It looks like the pet's heals will heal a tank for ~10k every 5 seconds or so. Is that the intent?
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Shesaz Active Member

9. sycla Active Member

couldn't care less about the healer pet.If it does around the same heals as a merc then i can see some situations where it would be used else it would be like it never existed.
    Upgrading Etox on beta (enhance etox) is supposed to add a extra tick when the AA is maxed.Looks like it is bugged ..not seeing the extra tick.
  10. Enigma Active Member

Yea the healer pet is still lacking in the healing department even with the 50% increased healing :/ I guess what could be done is remove the healer pets and tie in those healing components to the primary pets i guess or just make the heals crit :D(wouldn't be anywhere near Op).

There are still some other spells/abilities that provide no real use and one example is the necromancer pet buff Rending which does actually nothing at all now :(

Necromancer tank pet is still bugged and not receiving the 10% damage reduction from the necromancer tree. The extra parry chance is nice but he still gets hit pretty hard...needs higher base avoidance and higher resists/mitigation and more hp (around 1.2m or so) If you want you can disable the use of Soulburn while using a tank pet so we couldn't take advantage of it.

The other changes are very small but do add to the single target dps front for the scout pet and some boosts for the mage pet which is nice i guess but still very small.
  11. Enigma Active Member

E tox could use some changes as well :()
  12. Pantz Active Member

so when does this go live?? im ready!!

my favorite change so far is the boost to tank pet. even without spec to focus it. i feel like summoners will be great at solo killing hard stuff (within reason) once again.

for the rest i really need to test it on live!

except for the healer pet... it still needs more buffs, heals and defense
  13. Luciuz Active Member

I agree the reuse is way too long, my only work around is brew of readiness but that is in between pulls.
  14. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Define "Hard stuff".. I have no problem soloing everything with the mage pet. I haven't used the tank since sentinal's fate and even then it was very limited to when I used it
  15. Pantz Active Member

well, probably more for under 95 content im not very familiar with 95+ content. on live i had trouble killing the level 80 dominus in jarsath wastes with my level 80 conjuror (dominus is level 83 x4) even with merc. on beta with tank i killed him quite easily, it was a noticeable difference.

some stuff just hits too hard for mage pet to handle
  16. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

That would be because you're trying to solo an epic x4 at level 80... which wasn't supposed to be done at that level
  17. Pantz Active Member

then lets say on a smaller scale with someone less equipped doing a heritage quest like say for the dark mail gauntlets at the appropriate level. with the new tank pet they should be able to complete it solo a bit easier because the boss fights in that quest do hit very hard.

there must be some situations at high levels where it could be useful too.
  18. Anunnaki Active Member

I'm super stoked about them destroying our best pet so summoners can tank easy mobs too!
    Scrappyz likes this.
  19. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

This was more or less my point exactly
  20. Pantz Active Member

the tank pet getting a nice boost has nothing to do with whatever changes get made to your "best pet". all i said was that it is my favorite part of the changes so far, don't blame me for the other stuff i wasn't even talking about.