"Summoner" AA's

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Hoppkins Wytchfinder, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

I've been looking through the AA for my Necro and noted the Summoner ones. Im guessing they are the "Archtype" ones applicable to any "pet class"?

I dont understand why each column has a different stat (E.g. strength, agility etc) and why some refer to "The perceptor" etc? Perceptor sounds like an enchanter?

Can someone clarify please?
  2. Mae- Well-Known Member

Summoner tree is shared with conjurors, we're both the same subclass (Summoner). The headings on the lines herald back to the old days when the first points were only raw stats, which were removed many years ago, but the lines are still headed that way because that's how people were used to calling them. The last in the original line all grant a title, and that's where things like "Preceptor" come from. In general, it refers to the player.
  3. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

Makes sense. Got it thanks.

It's a bit strange how you can skip the tree altogether and go straight to the necromancer tree. But that's just because in EQ1 you had to do the Basic --> Archtype --> Class in order. Normal for EQ2 im sure.

Thanks Mae
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

There used to be some trees locked behind point or level limits, but most of them have been removed.