summon familiar ...

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28, Sep 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

According to the little description, whatever weapon you are wielding determines the type of creature you will summon, and each creature has different effects.

So, if I equip a 1handed wand to get the hate decreasing familiar (gargoyle) and then re-equip my dagger ... do I still get the familiar's effect or will it automatically adjust the effect by what weapon I'm wearing after I summon it? ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-AngelVyxen Guest

I believe the moment you de-equip the 1H, the familiar will poof and you will have to resummon with the dagger.
  3. ARCHIVED-robbrown Guest

No, it will change to whatever it should be after you cast a spell. It may even happen upon zoning or waiting for a server update.
  4. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

The familar only changes when u zone. So if u have a 2 hander cast the spell and change to a one hander it'll stay as the familar u casted with the 2 hander. The only real problem is when zoning. If u plan on zoning a lot when u log on and want to change weapons its a little bit of a hassle canstently recasting the spell and changing your weapon.
  5. ARCHIVED-Melseb Guest

You dont have to keep recasting when you zone. All you need to do is switch to the corresponding weapon when you zone. So if i wanna keep the drake instead of the gorgoyle i equip my dagger before i zone and when im done swicth back to godking wand.
  6. ARCHIVED-Malice83 Guest

I'm not sure if the effects work if you change the weapon, the description is kind of fuzzy. But it does state that if XX equipped the YY effect will work. (Or something like that.) It's impossible to know without a dev response how this works though, I still do it because I solo a lot and the hate reducer is pointless in that situation anyway.
  7. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

It's not impossible to know how it works, just get a modded persona window that shows tons more info. Barring that, you could always equip a dagger, cast your recast reducing pet, then equip a staff and see if your recasts stay low. The weapon you have when you cast the pet is what determines the pet, and the effect of the pet stays until the pet dies. When you zone, all your buffs actually drop and go back on, and it goes on with whatever weapon you happen to be using.
  8. ARCHIVED-Malice83 Guest

:smileysurprised: Cheater!!!
    Just kidding, must have been the surprise of seing something helpful. :smileyhappy:
  9. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Trust me, something helpful from me is a rare thing indeed.