SUMMER ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think the Hotel from the Shining could be kinda cool. But I don't mind missing it if there is more important stuff to see and do. I loved the part when he pounds down the door Honey I'm Home, I laughed. And do you think they still have the mirror redrum was written on. And the spooky kids.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

See? There she goes talking about murdering people again!
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

You can't really blame her. It's the gamma radiation. You don't want to see her when she's angry.
    [IMG]
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we drive to a valley far away and are pushed out on a path in the middle of the wilderness .
    we are told to hike down a path into a canyon we walk and we walk till we get to a hole in the ground with a little gate on it .
    It goes straight down .
    I's see ttobey talking to Breanna trying to convince her with his Ratonga stare to push Cyrrena down.
    But the gate is still closed and Breanna get's out of the mental control attack.
    we put all on out helmets and kneepads and darn our head lights , hmm I wonder where the ropes are .
    than it's time for me to go in wooooooh there is a ladder in here and we's go down , down , down .
    Breanna walks down a little path inside the cave , rounds a corner and stops breathing because in front of here is a . . . . . . . .
    tiny hole on the ground and the guides tell us we got to slither our way through .
    Breanna you better get out of your hulk form I know those guys are annoying . and your hulk form is a lot prettier than that picture Dude put up o_O
    we all get through the tinny hole crawling through on our bellies . Geo crawls through on his knees .
    I will never get this mud out of my fur. I hear Breanna walk in front of me's clip clop , clip clop , suddenly a scream,
    as she rounds another corner and climbs up a chimney she just stands there wide eyed .
    I push her gently aside and ...............>>...>>>>>....>>>>>>>>..>>>> in front of me is is , is , is :eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes: the most beautiful display of fine spider formations ever cool :cool:
    we climb and squeeze our way on through this place , get good and dirty but I think even the guys had some real fun in here .
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Don't let her get behind you. She's killed off most of the bus already!
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Dude where did you get that picture of me? That is me right down to the ribbons in my hair.

And Ttobey I WAS NOT talking about murdering people again, I was talking about this drink they serve at this bar....... um um ok so maybe that's a bit of a stretch. But I would never kill any of the road trippers off they are my friends and we are having a blast. And I am not I repeat NOT going to any spider caves nope nope, not even in my hulkette form.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

but you saw it , there were no spiders in there only the most beautiful , delicate formations I ever saw .
    a lot of fun exploring a cave almost like real Spelunkers. besides the entrance , we did not have to climb down on a rope.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Walk, walk, look, look around, up and down the cave walls and floor.

Ouch !

Ya know, trying to go tippy-toe tippy-toe in hiking boots just doesn't work. Ouchies !

I don't see any spiders.

( Whoosh ! )

Hey, you in the spider outfit, that wasn't funny !

tippy-toe I say tippy-toe . Foghorn Leghorn got nothing on me.

( Using a different computer, my newer one decided to fall down electronically. Argh. )
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well can you imagine those trolls coming through here or the ogreses
    or a really big barbarian , I hope they got those Billy dolls in their back pack .
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, rodents can eat just about anything, if given the necessity, though they usually prefer (and have the teeth for) plant material. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, Billy...absolutely essential for decorators, but apparently we have the same base size no matter what, 'cause I've Billied to try to escape from being stuck in a narrow spot, rather than a shallow spot, and it didn't work. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Maybe these riding cowhand boots will be better than hiking boots ? Ouch ! Nope.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon ROAD TRIPPERS!!!!

How did you like Spider Cave? No Spiders other than the delicate spider formations Schmet described in her story of our time in Spider Cave. Nice job Schmet! Right now we are within an hour of the end of Slaughter Canyon Cave, so far its really cool. Our morning so far has included the following:

The Rangers were quite impressed that we all had our own spelunking helmets, gloves, and Maglite flashlights for the tour as they did not have to provide any of these items to us. This was a special tour scheduled for our group only as this tour is not usually held on Saturday. The hike up to the cave entrance was a bit more than I expected, but since it is Virtual, all of us did a fantastic job!!! We had to leave our backpacks at the entrance in a lockup, they don't allow anything inside. And we had to clean our boots to avoid the White-Nose Fungus from being taken inside in the event any of us had any spores on our boots. I don't think any of us truly appreciated the other caves we have been in until we entered this one and there are absolutely no human amenities installed, no paved pathways, no electric lighting, no hand rails, no stairs, no elevators, no bathrooms, etc., this is truly a natural cave system. The speleothems look much more impressive in a cave without railings and lights, 50-70 foot columns made entirely from minerals that have been deposited when water has flowed through rock usually limestone, over time, the water is typically responsible for carving out the cavern as well. Our rangers actually insisted we use the trailside rocks as hand holds. They said the damage a rescue squad would cause is a lot worse than gloved hands on rocks. There are some very rare formations in the cave, including rimstone dams and shields. The two most famous are the Clansman and the Christmas Tree. The rope climb is not bad - only a few feet and the slope isn't very steep, and its not actually climbing a rope, its using the rope as a handhold to help pull yourself up if the cave path is slippery or to help transition yourself down a slight slope. We were instructed to look to the left after we got to the top to see the Clansman. It's one creepy cave formation. We also saw a guano mine. The guano is so old cave formations have grown on it, and it is worthless as fertilizer. Ahead, during our last 30 minutes, we will be seeing some ancient cave drawings and some artifacts that have been found here in the cave. Here is a link to some photos of the Slaughter Canyon Cave:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=414573040

We will be actually leaving here at 1:30 pm, so I think we will go directly to the Living Desert Zoo in Carlsbad, since we had to bring our buses here, the National Park Service does not provide transportation to the trailhead which is 35 minutes from the visitors center. We can have lunch at the Living Desert Zoo and then begin our afternoon there.

I scheduled cocktail hour for 6:30 pm and dinner for 7:30 pm at Yellow Brix Restaurant and Bar here in Carlsbad. After that we are free for the rest of the night to enjoy the spa amenities at the hotel until 10:00 pm. We can chat in the lounge until midnight or the main bar until 2 am.

Tomorrow morning, we are off to Taos. Once we get there and check into our hotel which is the El Monte Sagrado, we can port to Santa Fe to enjoy the final day of the Whitehawk Antique Indian & Ethnographic Art Show. We can then have cocktails and dinner in Santa Fe before returning to our hotel for the evening. I have us booked into this hotel through Tuesday night.

*passes out hats to everybody with bats and a Christmas Tree speleothem formation on them, stealths over and puts Ttobey's new hat on him, its just a bit larger as he did not try to kill anybody with the larger hat, giggles snarkily before stealthing back to her original place, checks and readjusts the time delays, casts the group speed buff, and shouts*

Alright ROAD TRIPPERS, lets hit this Zoo and get some lunch, after all that spelunking, I am starving and there are animals to see and I do not wish to have to hunt them to eat!!!!
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Whew, my house slippers are much better. Well, in the hotel anyway. They look like moccasins, not house slippers.

Yellow Bricks Restaurant and Bar ?! Oh, Brix, never mind.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Those were made for riding horses, and not much else. ;->

Good hiking boots, now... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I know. I was making fun of myself, thats why I specified riding boots. Can't walk in those things.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good Morning ROAD TRIPPERS!!!

Here we are in Taos, New Mexico. Its August and already a bit brisk for some in the morning. Make it about 30 degrees colder and I would love it, it would then be moving in the right direction!!!

The Whitehawk Antique Indian & Ethnographic Art Show in Santa Fe actually runs through tomorrow and our tickets are good for today and tomorrow. There are over 100 dealers in authentic Native American Art, Crafts, and Antiquities, many are Native American and representing their tribes. I think we would do well to buy from the actual Native Americans, and any of their Art, Crafts or Antiquities would look lovely in any of our homes whether they are Norrathian or real world. I personally have more than 100 hand carved Kachinas from a myriad of tribes that I have purchased from the various reservations that I have passed through including Navajo, Hopi, Lakota Sioux, Gila, and Cherokee. I always support the Native American artists and not a broker that garners a huge fee while the artist gets very little. The tickets include something they term "heavy hors d'oeuvres", not sure what this is, as I have never heard of it. I am guessing if you eat enough of them you wont need lunch. It also includes one complimentary cocktail and then there is a cash bar that also carries soft drinks, tea, and coffee. The show is open from 10 am until 5 pm today and tomorrow.

I have scheduled cocktail hour at 6 pm at Santa Fe Spirits Downtown Tasting Room and Dinner at 7:15 pm at Dr Field Goods. Both are here in Santa Fe. Then we can port back to our hotel in Taos and just relax for the rest of the evening. All of the spa amenities at the hotel are available until 10 pm, the indoor pool is 24 hours, and the bar/lounge is open until 2 am.

Tomorrow, I thought we could visit the Sante Fe Indian Market which will be wrapping up on Wednesday and is located in the center of Downtown Santa Fe. Then we could go visit the El Rancho de Las Golandrinas which is the living history museum that Schmet found in her research listed above. Then of course a visit to Kakawa Chocolate House and La Lecheria, how can we pass up hand made chocolates and ice cream? And if we set our time delays longer we can port to Alamogordo and visit New Mexico Museum of Space History - Home of the International Space Hall of Fame and then to Los Alamos to visit the Bradbury Science Museum. All of these were located by Schmet during her research on New Mexico and fall into our theme perfectly!!! Thank you so much Schmet!!!

*passes out hats to everybody with Navajo Eagle Dancers on them, stealths over and puts Ttobey's new hat on him, looks at him and gives a thumbs up before giggling and stealthing away, casts the group speed buff and shouts*

Lets get moving ROAD TRIPPERS, we have a lot more Native American Art, Crafts, and Antiquities to see and a lot of Native American Craftsmen to visit to purchase house item and jewelry and appearance items from!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I like looking at good beadwork. Mine is only fair looking.

Heavy snacks ? Maybe buffalo and baked bread instead of cheese and crackers ? No idea either.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Count me in! :D

If this is a virtual tour, we have virtual money, yes? So! To avoid lethal amounts of indecision, I'm just gonna get one of each of everything I see at the Art Show, unless of course there are things that would look better in pairs, then I'll get two. :)

Question: was the Bradbury Museum named after the author Ray Bradbury (my fave!)? ;)

Uwk
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.