Summer Event exclusives

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by DaimonosLucifer, Aug 3, 2017.

1. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

I really dont get it, 13years worth of content and exlusives being dished out for 100s only, promoting Powerleveling and boosting to current content which is only about 8% of the game(at most) and yet hear talk about removing XP from agnostics?

Anyway current topic at hand, the new Summer Event only dishes out fancy loot for 100s to use, fair enough trying to boost everyone ready for the next grind xpac, but why not let see everyone who's under level100 see the rewards, if they see them they might hurry along because they know exactly what they missing out on. Bad design plain and simple.

Secondly why is summer only for those, surely if you partake in the event your elligable for the rewards? just like you can get PQ rewards at any level. I have a (4pack) Guided Ascention from when the servers went down over the DoubleScroll period, I can't use them so giving out rewards and compensation(?) items that some can't even use isnt something DB was concerned about, if anything it promotes rushing to 100 and bundling the population together as much as possible.

So in essence, I doubt anyone from DB or the dev team will read this but if they do could you consider an amendment on the Summer merchant Yun Zi to allow everyone to buy the rewards, even if you tag them as unusable until certain levels/conditions are met (just like the Guided Ascention compensation scrolls).

And let the hating on non-100s begin :)
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. No level 100's here.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

Yeah Quests and Seasonal Event's is probably the best place, but won't get noticed so far down the list of categories :)
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

So you post in the TLE forum where the majority of players don't even have access to the event? Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes:
  5. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

Eh? oh darn, I saw General Discussion and didn't see it was TLE..

I vote to move this thread to Gameplay Discussion :) sorry about that!
    Roxxlyy, Dude and santargria like this.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain that putting a TLE forum in, placing it at a higher priority on the page than the Gameplay forum, and calling it "General Discussion" was RadarX's last troll on his way out the door.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

+1

Someone couldn't have put this in any more of a wrong place than where it is!

MOVE THIS FREAKIN FORUM!!!!
    Hexalobular and DaimonosLucifer like this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Do you really not have 3 hours of your time to get to level 100?
    DaimonosLucifer likes this.
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

And rename it "TLE Discusion"
  10. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

Don't wana write off 13 years of content just to grind same 3 zones, kinda silly when some even ask "whats a steamfront". but besides the point, also silly anyone not 100 cant see the items that are awarded to 100s, nor can buy for that matter. i wonder if it was even intentional flagging like that.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Lots more than 3 zones, and being level 100 makes old content easier. But if you're going to complain about a feature aimed at level 100s, then it's probably easier to just get to level 100. We've had this discussion before, you and I. Daybreak generally won't change things based off of community feedback.

Also, what IS a Steamfront? Is it related to Steamfont? :p
  12. DaimonosLucifer Active Member

ye ye was like 2am, but i'll just use the same reasoning, PQs let everyone participate for rewards but and entire seasonal event that has completely disproportional rewards dependant on level? 1>99 house items, 100 all the goodies you could possibly want. not even watered down versions? Because summer is only for certain levels obviously.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-level-100-players.580033/page-2#post-6454357

According to Caith in response to someone saying Yun Zi is here to stay:

So since the merchant will still be here, why is it a problem?

The only one I really cry foul over is the statless mount that is useable at level 85 only being visible at level 100. Hopefully that one will get changed. Otherwise the stuff will be there, whenever I get around to leveling the rest of my alts.

To be completely honest, the Summer Event seems like a general "Well the new expansion is not too far out and we aren't seeing as many people participating in the expert stuff as we'd like and player strength is all over the place just like it was before CoE. Profits have taken a dip because a lot of people feel shoved to the side by KA requirements and the prestige servers aren't as popular in Eq2 as they are in EQ1. Hey, I know, lets put up an easy weekly quest with really great rewards that will help even out player strength for the new expansion, but require membership to get the quest so we can drive up profits a bit more. Two birds with one stone! And they can't say we don't do fun events outside of holidays anymore!"
    Prissetta likes this.