Summer 2016 Ethereals Begin!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eldy New Member

Since now the Russian players play on this server, in order to protect the interests of its citizens, the Government of Russia to put to protect servers from trained polar bears KGB military jet balalaika. Now managers of the company are in talks on a temporary shutdown of servers, to install the patch, however, guard asked ten boxes of vodka Stolichnaya, for access to servers (coruption - glorious tradition of our country). We will keep you informed of the situation.
  2. kluxor Well-Known Member

Any word on how long the items will stay on the vendor for? Curious if when the next wave comes whether or not the first wave will remain on the vendor or not. Would be helpful information for those that are attempting to maximize our return
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

Your monthly sub get you access to the world of EQ2, its not a guarantee you get to partake in every aspect of the game.
  4. Wimble Active Member

All content should be available in one form or another to EVERYONE who plays the game. Otherwise how is it fair? at the moment some content is just not accessibe to a solo player. Which means soloers are paying for something they cant use. Positive steps had been made in this regard with the use of AS zones.

And yes - i've been kicked from a number of event/heroic groups - usually extremely rudely - because i dont have an encyclopedic knowledge of a zone and make a mistake. well, i havent ran the heroic versions before so how am i supposed too have this knowledge? some groups - and it is always guild only groups btw - are patient enough to teach, and i thank them. the rest, not so much. The raid recently on content several years old, that we dominated, but i got personal abuse thrown at me anyway? thanks, it really improved my experience of eq2.

Ive geared up via AS - a nice and successful addition btw DB - and now hit a wall that i think the mushroom merchant is intended to bridge regarding upgrading kit for heroic play. However, I asked last night if the guild were running etherals, to be told the MC encounter required tier 1 raid armor so forget it. if that is true (?) then how is the ethereal system accessible to solers? everyone should have a shot of getting the best equipment not just raiders. so you have the paradox of atempting to make etheral items accessible to all via a coin system...where earning the coins requires epic/raid equipment in the first place! the end result as always is to maintain a seperation between the haves, being daily groupers/raiders, and have nots - the soler. i repeat, everyone who pays for content has the right to a fair chance of experiencing ALL of that content, irrespective of HOW they chose to experience it. at the moment it almost feels discrimatory.
    Sapryze likes this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

AoM Eths were not available to soloers, why is it expected ToT ones to be any different?

I don't expect to be able to craft a level 100 Mastercrafted item because I'm only a level 9 Artisan, and I don't want to do any harder tradeskilling.

The ethereals are raid level quality items, and the fact they are available via Heroic means is already lowering things enough.
    Nockturnal and Azian like this.
  6. Nkito Well-Known Member

That is a good point.

I don't expect to loot food and drink, or ammo, etc from heroic dungeons even though I'm playing my way. If I want that stuff I go harvest rares, I level a crafter and I make them.

It is available to me, I just have to do certain things I don't normally do to get them. Just like ethereals.
  7. Karsa Active Member

It sounds like you need to join a guild that likes to do heroics. MC does not require raid gear to complete ESP if u farm the other heroic zones you should be ok in that zone provided someone knows the strat for the dungeon.... 6 people in master crafted gear and no- one knows any strats is a death trap. Think it's fair say MC is hardest dungeon in ToT, you can also do solo sig line for Zek the high potency upgrades should help too.
  8. Fuzzybunny Member

People who don't live in their parents basements have to make adjustments for life and work. I used to raid heavily. Now I may be called away at any moment and it isn't fair to others for me to group. Plus grouping used to be so much more fun before the dramatic increase in aforesaid basement dwellers who price new players out of the game with their economy-wrecking hoards of platinum and annoy reasonable adults with their constant ****** baggery.
    Sapryze and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Kari Well-Known Member

Thank you devs for adding this event! I am really enjoying the grouping and the chance at an ethereal. There are more groups than normal forming up now in our guild and in general chat. Even my husband, who had gotten burned out and stopped grouping, has started grouping again for this event.

I especially appreciate having the items for purchase on the vendor. Will the current items stay available through the whole event or will they change out in different "waves"? The information will be helpful in planning how and when to spend the coins.
    Nockturnal likes this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

By the looks of it, the items on merchant are the 3 for the Summer. The 'Waves' are which can be a random reward, and looks like we've started with the Neck for wave 1.
  11. Chimay Active Member

Thanks for the bonus ethereal coin and yes grouping has picked up considerably making gameplay more enjoyable.

Please don't ruin gameplay for most of the population by catering to a select few.

The excuses for not grouping or being part of a guild are mind boggling. There are plenty guilds and pugs looking for people to join. People need patience and be a team player.
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

In all fairness, both of the quests that came out yesterday had difficult zones that I would be hesitant to take a solo geared character. Both MC and Zek have scripts where one player can wipe the group repeatedly. The other zones are all pretty friendly for solo geared players, so they should have a much easier time getting groups for the other daily quests.
  13. Widem Active Member

Key quests are the Solo ethereal quests.
  14. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Hmmm,

No-trade tokens and no-trade ethereals, not even heirloom for either? So I should refuse to swap to my alt tanks for ethereal group runs because I'll get absolutely nothing from tanking for my actual main toon?

I can see how this might hack off the botters for a week or two, but it also hacks off any player who's used to stepping in with an alt tank, so that a group can actually do a heroic...
    Montag, Billyrayy and Alenna like this.
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

Run it on your tank then switch to your main while your groupmate switches to their tank alt.

Surely you would prefer this over making the tokens similar to loyalty tokens that you could only get once per day but share with any of your toons.
  16. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Funny enough we have just been discussing that very idea in guild in game.
    Sounds good in theory but can see it getting very old very fast, putting in twice the work for the same result for the toon you actually want.
    Lets not even get into the idea of the ethereal weekly seemingly including deeply unpopular zones like scourge keep as apparently mandatory - i.e too long, too boring and too badly designed for peeps to go there more than twice otherwise. Guess the devs really want peeps to suffer for their ethereals this summer :p
    Montag likes this.
  17. Imilla Member

And they should stay in raid. They and other such items make a mockery of solo and heroic players and should be disabled outside of raid content.
    Ridiculous doing groups when people in the group do several hundred million dps and can in fact solo the heroic zones.

Who needs these things and for what?
    Sapryze likes this.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm pretty sure that is why Amplifying and Aura Share procs came from originally, so they would scale appropriately for heroic/solo. But I guess that idea didn't work overly well due to lag.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

I was excited until I heard this no trade no heirloom :( it's the best in slot white adorns all over again
    Billyrayy likes this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't care that ethereals are intended for raiders...I simply will not do content that I am not able to solo/molo unless my friends and I are able to run it together. I do not do PuG's...period. The only ethereal item I own is a belt I picked up off the broker a long time ago for my brigand and which she no longer uses. I don't care that I will probably never see another ethereal in my life...it's simply not that important to me.

I do, however, completely agree with Harley1Ryder's statements, that an mmo is supposed to be designed to allow anyone to play the game their way and that no one group of players should ever be catered to or excluded. Give raiders better gear...I don't care...after all, they have all the 'smarts' and are able to run complicated strategies and figure out all the math involved and how to run the scripts in those dungeons, etc...and it's obvious their gear needs to live up to the task they perform, but if you give them gear, give us gear too, that will help us to grow with the game. Solo gear should be gearing us up to run Adv solo's. Adv solo gear should be gearing us up to be able to withstand the pounding we would take in heroic zones. Heroic gear should be gearing people up to be able to withstand the pounding they would take in raid zones. Raid gear should be gearing people up to run more difficult raid dungeons.

Give raiders a mount, house deco item, merc, pet, etc...the same should be made available to all other play styles as well (same mount, different colors perhaps, fancier armor maybe, better stats for raiders to keep the stats in line with the type of dungeons they run, but at least make the mount available to all play styles). This in no way impedes the raiders play style, except to perhaps stop those who 'farm' these places for plat from making quite so much plat as those of us who only group with friends or play solo won't need to purchase these raid quality items at exorbitant plat costs from those plat farmers, in order to be able to enjoy them. There is nothing, anywhere, that dictates that items need be so rare as to create this massive distance between solo players and raiders as it stands now.

I do not see solo players telling raiders how they should play their game, and I get so tired of seeing raiders tell us solo players how we should play our game. It's not your decision to make, so stop trying to change our minds. We pay same as raiders do, and we should be able to play the game the way we want, without being ridiculed or scoffed at by them. Not saying all raiders do this, but time and again I run across this in these forums, and if that's how the elitist's want to play...well, I want nothing to do with them and their selfish attitudes. If DBG were to completely stop pumping out solo content for us solo players, I can pretty much guarantee quite a few players would quit playing this game, myself included, and it would burn an even bigger hole into DBG's pocket, so I really don't think they want to start excluding us from new content as it comes out. I did cancel my membership for a month a while back, when it seemed they were ignoring us solo players, and only renewed it when they added adv solo dungeons a short time later.

As I have stated in the past...I'm not asking that raid content be changed, but that solo content be changed to bring it more in line with all the raid content to give us some equality, as it should have been done in the first place. Everyone should be made to feel the rewards at the end of their adventure are worthwhile, and the stats on those rewards should be scaled according to level of difficulty, while giving everyone...raider, heroic player, adv solo player, solo player all equal chance at enjoying the same content. How difficult is it for them to code a few extra lines to make these dungeons available in raid/heroic/adv solo/solo format? Why don't these dungeons already just simply scale to the players level and group size as opposed to having to make separate raid/heroic/adv solo/solo dungeons? If they would scale in this way, then all dungeons could be solo dungeons or duo dungeons or group dungeons or raid dungeons, and simply code it in for agnostics too, in order to keep the agnostic dungeon idea working as well.

Don't want to see it said that it isn't possible, because it is. I've seen it that way in other mmo's (with exception maybe of raid dungeons, since I don't raid so I don't know, and possibly agnostics would not work with this system so they might still need to be coded separately too, though I'm thinking agnostics could probably be incorporated into the same scaling system). Contested dungeons are in a league of their own and would probably have to be coded differently, so the coding would possibly be Raid/Heroic/Contested and maybe Agnostic where currently it is Raid/Heroic/Adv Solo/Solo/Agnostic/Contested. With all but raid dungeons being heroic and raid dungeons being epic, and difficulty of mobs scaled according to players level and how many people are in the group/raid, and same scaling of stats for the reward system, this would, imo, be the most ideal situation, and would be an endeavor worth pursuing by DBG staff. It would be the perfect opportunity for them to bug fix all the bugs in these dungeons too. And please...no more infusers as rewards off boss fights...they simply are not worthwhile, and would prefer adornments only dropped off trash mobs too (with exception maybe of exceptionally nice green adornments).

Make all house plunder-able items available in solo/adv solo/heroic dungeons, please, and all house deco item collection shiny's available in solo/adv solo/ heroic dungeons too. I don't really care about any of the rest of it, though my suggestions above are as how I see it should be done, to make it fair to all play styles. Life isn't fair though, so I'm not asking to keep things fair...just stop depriving us decorators of house items that are simply unobtainable to many of us. Do that, and permit me to run the same content solo that others run as a group, and I know I will be satisfied. I really don't think that's asking too much. I really don't care too much about the gear, mounts, and other fluff, though I still want to feel the reward I receive is worthwhile, in order to entice me to run these dungeons again. Give us this, and you'll never hear another complaint from me again. :D
    Sapryze, Harley1Ryder and Brax like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.