Suggestions for housing all alt apprentices in same house

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zelless, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Zelless New Member

Howdy all,

I'm looking for some ideas on how you players with alts house all your apprentices.

My plan is to have all tradeskills at 100, 8 alts with my main.

Ideally, they would all be in the same house/estate/mansion....

Is it possible to buy a GH while also being a member of one?

Returning casual player and all your ideas/comments/suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I have all of my apprentices in one house.

Only the leader of a guild can buy a GH.
    Zelless likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've got all my apprentices in the same house.

Apprentices will not go into GHs.
    Zelless likes this.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

I have them in the same house and have named them with something that lets me know which character they belong to.

You can only be in one guild at a time. If you are asking if you can belong to one guild and have a personal guild of your own with the same character, the answer is no. I made a personal guild with my alts.
    Zelless likes this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

One thing to be aware of: right now, the game gets confused if you have custom outfits for more than 10 toons. It's a long-standing bug that if you have more than ten custom appearances set up, the apprentices tend to switch clothes when you aren't looking (the game gets confused about which appearance is which and the numbers assigned to them tend to change).

Either that, or our apprentices have some wild parties when we are gone... ;)
    Prissetta, Caela and Zelless like this.
  6. Zelless New Member

Thank you for the replies.

Do you all use crafting stations and depots in the homes or is it easier to use your GH?

I'm still looking into this so don't know if you can use all the same amenities a GH can.

Thank you!
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

It depends on what you're doing. I have all the crafting stations in my house. I use the "Elaborate" version, which is the upper tier that can be bought. For normal crafting, that's perfectly fine. If you're trying to grind faction or xp or whatever, then the stations in your GH combined with the writ givers is probably better. In either case, make sure you put in a fuel depot and a harvest depot so that you can store a bunch of both and craft away!
    Shmogre likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I do general crafting in my GH, but I've got a trimmed down crafting set-up in my 'crafting house' so I don't have to zone to do my TS apprentices. I have 3 stations (loom, woodworking table and forge), a harvest depot and a fuel depot, all specifically set up to cater to those apprentices.
    Zarnafien, Caela and Shmogre like this.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Yup, I have a crafting house set up. My main crafting house has all the crafting stations (plus Forge of Brell), a bunch of apprentices, two harvest depots (large for all regular harvests, small for overflow), and two fuel depots (small - 0-30 and prov fuels, large 40-100 fuels). I deliberately keep my rares in a depot in another house to prevent accidents...that was a lesson hard learned. :^)

The advantage for me is that the house itself has no rent or status associated, so it's basically free (the guild amenities cost weekly plat and status). My guildies and I have harvest ponies and/or goblins, so we work together to keep everything stocked. With a guild door and either a house portal (from prestige housing) or the Portal to Housing amenity, the only things different are the extra zoning time to the crafting house and no fuel vendor (we have one in the guild hall, so occasionally we top up the fuel depots in the crafting house if needed).

Edit: Dude mentioned the writ givers, which are another thing you won't have. Our craft house is right outside the Halas crafting area, so we pop out and grab the writ...there are clipboards above every station, so we can start the writ right there. It does mean more zoning if you are grinding writs, though.
    Prissetta and santargria like this.
  10. santargria Well-Known Member

I have always had all mine think I have 25 at the moment in the same house which has been my crafting house.

I use a mistmoore and have them all displayed out in the center entrance way - also my personal depots are all at the entrance also.

I have a teleporter to my crafting room which has all the crafting stations available (Frostfell, Brell etc.)

Not sure why I did it this way I guess it was just how I set it up over time and opted not to change it

I have a small personal guild hall but mostly I use it for buffs, gh vendors etc I have crafting stations in it but since I have only have 2 friends in the guild, they craft at my house as well

I'm set up very similar to Shmogre - except for the extras - didn't think you could have more than one depot in a house
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

How did you get 2 harvest and 2 fuels in one house? I thought only one was able to be placed?
  12. Zelless New Member

Thank you all for the ideas/suggestions so far.

I like the idea of having the crafting stations to cover the apprentices daily demands.

Looking forward to setting up my house and experimenting.

Any more ideas/suggestions/comments are surely welcomed.
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

My advice is:
    If you don't have one, get a prestige or any house with no rent - much easier and cheaper to go this way

Do the ToT tradeskill to get the Brell forge as well as the frostfell stuff (not sure if there is time or is it over now?) If not hurry up and get them

Make sure you get the ponies and the goblins on all your toons - the more the merrier.

Once you get the Obulus craft line done you can place the plants in the same house - i place all my plants in front of the corresponding apprentice

Also, not sure how many toons/alts you have but get each on a free house - then everytime there is a festival devote one of those free houses to all the available items for the festival - including crafted

Also, get an extra prestige house (no rent) and turn it into a craftable show house - sometimes it's just easier to walk through your house when looking for something rather than trying to preview every recipe until you find the thing you want to make

Also, try to get the skyfire apprentice - they're just cool
    Zelless and Shmogre like this.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Fuel depots are one handcrafted (Personal Fuel Depot, 50 slots) and one purchased on the marketplace (Personal Fuel Stash, 30 slots) - the purchased ones aren't house-lore, so you can have them in addition to the crafted ones.

Harvest depots are one large (Personal Harvest Depot (large), 1000 slots) and one small (Personal Harvest Depot (small), 100 slots). The small harvest depot is there because of a bug that allowed them to be crafted; when they fixed it, SOE/Daybreak decided it was less disruptive to allow the old ones to stay in game and just prevent new ones from being made. But you could buy the large Personal Harvest Stash and have the same functionality, which is cool.
    Prissetta, santargria and Zelless like this.
  15. santargria Well-Known Member

Ah, I did not know that about the market items - thanks - very good to know.

Yah, I read about those small ones - before my crafting ability time I think.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

Oh forgot to mention - make sure you get the advanced pony so you can collect the festival items when they come around - very helpful for building stash
    Zelless and Shmogre like this.
  17. Caela Well-Known Member

Oh, mine are definitely having wild parties! I caught one topless once.

I use the simple crafting stations so I don't have to stop when crafting. It's a pretty painless click, wait a tick, run back to the apprentice. And of course use depots for fuel and harvests. I can cycle through all my crafters pretty fast, especially the ones that don't leave the house (they are my potion of progress/innovation farmers!) I have kept some toons low level just so they can stock up the sturdy items and don't have to craft every time.

I do general crafting in the guild hall.
    santargria, Zelless and Shmogre like this.
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If you have a toon on Maj'Dul, you are very welcome to tour Flyser's house in Frostfang Sea if you want to see the crafting stuff worked into a decorated house (the New Halas Magical Manor by the crafting area or you can use the Housing & Leaderboards window from your EQII menu).

Flyser's is set up as a more organic "someone lives here" house (complete with a bathroom <grin>), but there are a ton of *much* more creative houses out there that incorporate the crafting stations into them. It's an awesome rabbit hole to go down, the creativity and ingenuity of folks in this game are amazing.

(A mind-blowing thing to do is to tour their house, then exit it and tour the empty version of the house...it really gives you an idea of just how much work people put into their decorating.)
    Prissetta and Zelless like this.
  20. Gudum Active Member

If you get the Frostfell crafting stations, remember to stock up on the fuel, its only available during Frostfell and on April 1st during Bristlebane Day.

The small depot was also the original version before the large one ever existed. It was suppose to be limited to one per house, but there was a widely used technique to get around the limitation.

I have my apprentices in a Gorowyn house, which has a convenient ledge at the bottom of the walls giving them something to stand on. Beneath each sits the respective plant from the latest expansion, and in the middle is a harvest depot to conveniently dump the harvests into after taking them from the pack ponies. The three crafting stations (simple version) also sit in the middle, reduced to the smallest size and stacked together in the same spot. Drag the recipes for the apprentice items onto a hot bar, and you can stand at the stations and just click the hotbar to start the appropriate item, without having to actually target the crafting station or search through the recipe book.

If you want to fill up the fuel depot, the Censer from the ToT crafting questline summons a fuel merchant for 5 minutes.

You can do work orders and rush orders in the house, there are crafted Master/Grandmaster Service Summoning Scrolls that summon the writ agent for 20 minutes at a time.

Publish the house, and put in a guild hall door and portals to any prestige houses you have, and you can easily get to just about anything you need by visiting the house, and then return to where you came from on exit. I also have a mystical Nayad plushie to port me to the Mara docks when I want to travel somewhere else.

Also convenient to have the other personal depots, to quickly free up some space in your bags, pick up ammo or food, etc.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.