[SUGGESTION] Remove NO-TRADE Tags on Old Shinies

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sigrdrifa, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When a collection quest is two expansions back from the current expansion or more, please, please, please remove the NO-TRADE tags from that collection.

Planes of Power collectibles and everything before that should not have NO-TRADE members. You can't get anyone to run these with you, and some of the zones you have to con green to even get them to drop, which is nuts if there's a script!

At least if the old shinies are tradeable, some will appear on the broker!
    Docsyn, Carynn, Merador and 9 others like this.
  2. Exotwo Member

I thought all shineys were tradeable
  3. Exotwo Member

are they?
  4. Exotwo Member

i don't know
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Also remove them from new shinies, thanks
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Planes of Prophecy started ensuring that players actually earned the collections by making one shiny among the entire set No Trade, which would rarely be found after you kill the final boss of an instance. The heroic zones had their own separate collections to keep track of, which generally locked out solo players who want the collections in the first place.

Chaos Descending and Blood of Luclin continued with that trend.

I agree that the No Trade tag should be removed, because PoP collections are rare and expensive enough already because the heroics they're still just difficult enough that it's not possible to go back and solo them for most classes.

I'm so close to completing 1200 collections, but the no trade tag is absolutely hindering my progress.
    Sigrdrifa, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... some of my characters have 100 collections partially done. I didn't realize i was that far behind.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Free all shinies! :p
    Exotwo and Nazy like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Oh heck no! Some are LORE, some are HEIRLOOM, and some are NO-TRADE.
    Exotwo and Nazy like this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I can't do it on my raid warlock, because Bulwark.
  12. Exotwo Member

Umm... what's the point of HEIRLOOM shineys? if you want toons to get them, then make them NO-TRADE instead of heirloom.
    Triad likes this.
  13. Nazy Well-Known Member

WHY?
    It's a Shiny. Not a piece of raid gear.
    Triad, Sigrdrifa and Geroblue like this.
  14. Exotwo Member

maybe its to prevent getting more of the same shiney. You cannot have more than one lore item, right?
    Triad likes this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

In the game's past, there were a few special collections introduced where the reward was something a bit more special than usual. Usually tradeskill related where you had to wear a certain piece of gear just to see them in the first place. The LORE tag on those shinies actually hinders the finding of the ones you don't need, because you have to destroy any duplicates you want in order to loot it, and you have to loot it in order to speed up the chances of a nother spawning.

Thalumbra has an entire no-trade collection for tradeskillers. I'm still missing a few of those pants shinies.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  16. Exotwo Member

That makes sense.
    Triad likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Exotwo Member

I have only completed 12 collections on both my alt and I and 90% of them were from stonebrunt!
    my friend that devotes their time into finishing collections has only 23 completed1!
    Triad likes this.
  19. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

i am sure that these current wishes of old players are not new to devs, just as suggestions for this are not new:

Sigrdrifa said: "When a collection quest is two expansions back from the current expansion or more, please, please, please remove the NO-TRADE tags from that collection. Planes of Power collectibles and everything before that should not have NO-TRADE members. .."; Snikkety said: "Also remove them from new shinies, thanks"; Cusashorn said: "I agree that the No Trade tag should be removed, because PoP collections are rare and expensive enough already because the heroics they're still just difficult enough that it's not possible to go back and solo them for most classes"; Beee said: "Free all shinies! :p"

i think it's best thing they could now do (either of this suggestions)

Cusashorn said: "I'm so close to completing 1200 collections, but the no trade tag is absolutely hindering my progress"

it not only hinders progress. it interferes with general interest in this game

eh.. yes that there.. they can't even fix plural problems when shinies become unavailable or scarcely available to pick them up, because re-spawn in wrong places, and due jams. if it becomes perceptible even for those who have little and not often collect shinies. and these problems because they have not been solved so far (new collection is add to game with same old problems, i'm sure), for thise reasons require compensation in gameplay. such compensation, it would was, to do as somes and many want (this is not first thema with similar requests on this forum).. another problem is that according to law of meanness somebody's toon simply can never find right part of collection - there is always someone who takes it in front of his nose (if shinies has not failed somewhere in stilly curve geodata or graphics settings prevent you detect it. and scanning is not always precision and operatively out or even skips past the location)
    Xsara and Sigrdrifa like this.