[Suggestion] Quests for Twark crafting stations

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by santargria, Jan 6, 2017.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

It's getting really crowded around the Twark crafting stations

Why not give us these as rewards for the timeline or make a few new quests.

I'd much rather craft the daily/weeklies in my crafting house than be squished by the crowds
    Febrith, Dude and Prissetta like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Home versions would be awesome, but in the meantime, don't forget there are also goblin crafting stations down by the water.

(I know I'll regret reminding people about them, since I usually have them to myself. ;))
    Febrith, Xianthia, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah... that's where I go to craft dailies/weeklies. Pick up all quests, collect herbs, slime & droppings, go down by the water, drink a PoP and craft like crazy...(Remember to carry stacks of level 100 mats & thaumic coal!) Back to Oo... catch a slug, up to Nye'Caelona, grab a chokadai, back to Oo. Done. Takes maybe 20 minutes per toon, once a week. I'd much rather be able to pop back to my crafting house if it were an option!
    Xianthia, Shmogre and santargria like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, yup. My routine is similar, takes about 10 minutes or so:

* at home: refill my stack of thaumic coal, grab a stack of each of the lvl100 materials

* get all the quests from Oogthor (love that call to Twark)

* craft a chokidai whistle

* gather slug slime (ew), astringent herbs, dog poop (ew again), grab a pup while there

* give Oogthor the pup, drink some apprentice potions, craft craft craft

* fly to Lyraquel, grabbing a slug for her along the way

* come back to Oogthor (oh, that beautiful call to Twark) and turn in all the things (BAAAH-DUUMM!!)

It's gotten to be a routine...rather zen once I settle in to it. :p
    Mermut, Prissetta and santargria like this.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Same here - I just finished nine runs of dailies/weeklies - I'd much rather do them in my crafting house though :)
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  6. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

My routine:

pick everything up, pop a PoP, craft all the stuff, catch a snail, fly up to Nye, hand over the stuff, fly down to the chokidai, back to twark ending all crafting quests at once.

A warning, turn down your volume, it get's louder than normal.
    santargria likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's close to my routine, I do it slightly different.

Get quests, craft the whistle and the slug item thing.
    Fly down grab the herbs, the slug slime, the droppings and capture the chokidai.
    Turn in the chokidai
    Potion of Progress and proceed to craft everything (I've now started to also only do the weekly when doing the dailies)
    finish crafting, capture slime and fly up to Nye for turn in
    Use the totem back to twark, turn in all.
    Still time left on potion of progress.

I'd like the goblin fire and the goblin workbench, maybe as a red shiny reward sometime in the future?
    I don't necessarily need it for the weekly/dailies, it would be nice to have as I like the look of them!
    Mermut, santargria and Anghammarad like this.
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

I notice you all use the potions - I never use any potions when crafting - do they really help that much?
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

OMG YES!!!! I have had a bad run of luck, and have not gotten a potion of progress in forever, but boy does it make a big difference. It makes crafting fun, it's so fast. The others are not nearly as useful. The innovation one is good for doing three combines of the same thing (like a writ - which is awesome), but otherwise it's too short lived. The success one just doesn't seem to do a whole lot. I'm sure it makes some difference, but I couldn't notice it. But the Progress one... it's the bomb!
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Seven dailies and the weekly in less than 10 minutes using the potion of progress. They are especially useful for someone like me that has many alts to run through the daily/weekly sessions.

I rarely use them during the year, so when expac hits I have a nice amount of them stored up.

(bold emphasis is mine) Absolutely agree! I enjoy crafting, the potions just make it more fun for me. :)
    I used the innovation ones when running the KA quest line. Some/many of the quests asked for three or four items and the innovation one came in handy!
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

LOL - I've never used any potions I must have hundreds stored up for all my alts.

Guess it's time to break some out and see the difference
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Mensa Member

While on the topic of apprentices, are there any recipes one can learn from them that are useful to a level 100 with KA? Or do you all just use them to get these reward items like PoPs when doing the apprentice quests?
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any new recipes on the apprentices in a while

Maybe someone else has?
  14. Aivet Well-Known Member

Nope, nothing since AoM. A few of the war runes are still useful (Astral Dominion and Relentless Conviction spring to mind) but nothing new.
    Mensa, Shmogre and santargria like this.
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

FYI, while I don't know 100%, do not claim the final recipe on the apprentice so you can keep getting the quest for the PoP. I do know you can keep getting the quest even when the current item is completely learned. My main is almost out of recipes so I'm not claiming anymore of the.
  16. Caela Well-Known Member

I had a lower level toon that ran out of recipes. She could still do the quest for the potions.
    Xianthia, santargria and Shmogre like this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can do the quest even if they have no more recipes for you.
    Alenna, Xianthia, Mysstie and 2 others like this.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

The only thing that has changed about the apprentices since AoM is that you need to craft the items requested after the apprentice asks (use to be you could stock them before), and the rare drops were updated to ToT crafting. Or was the essence stuff AoM crafting? I'm talking about the different essences that can be crafted into either ammo or convert a weapon to a type of damage? That was AoM wasn't it?
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, those essences and the potions are the only reasons I keep doing my apprentices regularly. The potions are awesome for the daily/weeklies (and they helped a lot when doing the deadly timed combines in The Final Blow), and the essences make some still-good ammo (4000 at a pop) that my guild all use.
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

AoM was the last time the apprentice got any updates.. rewards, recipes, anything