(Suggestion) Oogthor, I'll take everything you've got!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dude, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Please make it so I can click one button to accept all the daily/weekly tradeskill quests from Oogthor in OF. It works for the daily adventure quest giver in the cave, it would be great in Twark.
    Kelvani, Elinea, Smallcorners and 3 others like this.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

The dailies are actually a different one for each day depending on day of week like the ones from the AoM expansion the way *I think it was explained that it would be close to impossible to code it for picking everything up at once. so they made this compromise so those who liked the 1 per day and then the one per week way of doing it could still do so. while those of us wanting to do everything once a week could have that option.

*I'm going by memory as it would take to long to find the original thread someone started on this very same subject when this mechanic was introduced in ToT so may not have the explanation exactly right.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Alenna has it right. The quests offered by Oogthor are actually one quest for each day of the week (one is Monday's quest, one is Tuesday's, and so on). A few expansion ago, crafters asked Domino (our primary tradeskill dev) if they could have the option to get the full week's worth at one time so they could optimize their online time and not have to log in a raft of alts each day just for a single daily quest. Each quest has a 6 day and 20 hour recharge time before you can get it again, unlike the adventure ones that reset in 18 hours.

So while it would be nice to be able to grab them all at once, we only have to get them once a week; the adventurer ones cycle every day, hence their shortcut. Doesn't mean the devs won't do it, but there is some logic behind why they are offered they way they are.

(The single weekly quest resets the same time each week, and is offered once a week on essentially Thursday morning. It actually resets at midnight Wednesday, Pacific daylight time, but Daybreak doesn't change the server clocks when Daylight savings ends, so during Standard time, it's 11pm Pacific. Easier to just think "Thursday". :))
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes, it would be less work to accept all of them with one click. However, I position my cursor on the second quest from the top and just keep clicking the same spot until I've accepted all the dailies, then move the cursor up to accept the weekly (I think the weekly is the top quest) - I can accept all of them faster that way. :cool:
    Xianthia and Shmogre like this.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That doesn't really match what I see though. All the quests become available at the same time for me.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The repeat time for the dailies is 6 days and 20 hours, so if you get all of them plus the weekly on Thursday, they will all be available again the following Thursday.

I can vouch for the "6d20h" timer, I use it to cycle when my toons do their weekly crafting visit. I do the full eight quests (dailies + weekly) on one toon on Thursday, then each day after, I do another toon or two. The way the dailies reset make this work rather well, keeping things from going too nuts (okay, keeping *me* from going too nuts).
    Prissetta and Xianthia like this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Domino mentioned the 6d20h as being the max amount she could allow (or something to that effect).

It's fantastic how it works now compared to ToT (which was unforgiving in the timing and all you ended up doing was watching the clock to do them again and eventually moving the clock forward).

It's not just you going nuts about the timer, now it's such a breeze (to me, obviously :p ).
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.