Suggestion: Marketplace Mercs Heirloom

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Riles, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Riles New Member

I'm just curious why the coins aren't heirloom once we open the crates. I have spent SO much money on the marketplace mercs but I don't ever know which toon I want to put them on obviously until after I've opened them. Different toons have different merc needs, and a big part of the fun to the marketplace ones is their visual appearance. I enjoy 'theming' my toons, and so it's nice to be able to have a merc that matches the theme that I'm going for on each one.

It's frustrating that once I've opened them, they become no-trade. I understand not wanting them to be part of the broker and all, but when it's my entire account that the DBC are available on, I don't understand why I can't drop the merc coin into the shared bank if I end up getting one that would be more visually fitted to a different toon I'm on.

Is there a *reason* why they are no-trade instead of heirloom? Is this something that could maybe be changed in the future? Because I would likely spend over $30/month on the merc crates if they were heirloom and I'm not understanding what the benefit is on the developer end to keep them no-trade.
    Manafizzle and Twyla like this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

So that you buy $30 worth per character is my guess.
    Maviarab likes this.
  3. Riles New Member

As far as I can tell, everything purchased in the marketplace is heirloom. Including the stuff from the heritage crates and the familiar crates, so it doesn't make sense why the mercenaries become no-trade after they've been opened.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Familar crates are also not tradable once unpacked. So its pretty much consistent. Otherwise you could just trade either to whichever character needed it rather than having to buy more of them.
  5. Riles New Member

But you're talking about a purchase made with an account-wide currency, so anything done in the marketplace should be heirloom. It's not like you're trading with other accounts, or selling on the broker. They're still getting the money, and I know that I personally would keep buying them over and over in order to hopefully get the ones that I want for aesthetic purposes if I would be able to then move what is unpacked to a different toon on my account. Having it set up this way doesn't encourage me to buy more/spend more, it does the opposite. It's discouraging to know that if I happen to be on x toon and upack the perfect merc for y toon, there is jack crap i can do about it.
  6. Riles New Member

Maybe instead of unpacking specific mercs, you could get a token for say any treasured ranger, or any fabled tank or something so that way you could at least pick, visually, who you want to be following you around.
    Miragian and Twyla like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

This would be nice and in theory I assume require less effort than appearance mercs which is what many of us would ultimately prefer.

In so far as the original suggestion, I think at least the heritage crate ultra rare mercs it is account wide unlocks. Or at least some of them have been in the past?
    Twyla likes this.