Suggestion Make The No Trade Rars For the 48 Mats Quest Heirloom

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Hellfiren, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

The Fighter Fail Condition, forces me to Play my Tanks for my Raidforce for avoiding the Fail Condition Deathtouches, ok so far.

But i got blamed by the fact i cant collect the Rar No Trade itmes for The Crafterquests which we are geting the Orange Adorn recepies for.
    If i am / we are forced to play our tanks for groups because of this the crafter Mats like Ooze / Foul Smelling Liquid etc should be Heirloom.

I Like to play all my 7 Twinks (2 Tanks ) for groups but if i cant get the stuff to my Main Toon for having any progress i the Crafter Quests and in the end geting the Mount this is a bad thing.
    And No Trade is as Good as Hierloom at the Case you cant sell rthem on the Broker for platin its the same issuse as the Devs have don on the Orange Addorns.

It no Problem for me to fill up a Group or even play may tanks of of my 7 most played Toon are own EPIC 2.0 and stats are good enough on every too to go Raid T1 or some T2.

But the problem i cant trade or get the Crafter Materials to my main keeps me away from playing a twink and tanks are most wanted class before good healers and DDs or Supporter
  2. Rougez Active Member

They should just make all items minus select quest rewards tradeable if that means making all servers subscription based again so be it.
    Juraiya and Snikkety like this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If you are tanking because a tank is necessary, then have the group /random and If you win the roll, camp to the character and cov in and loot it? I have done that for other fighters that graciously alted to a tank to run the zone.
    The problem with mats being heirloom, is everyone will start needing for alts?
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

making them heirloom only encourages dishonest behavior, just ask the leader to make the loot leader only at the end of the zone and rand 100 for it, if you win swap to your toon and have the grp leader assign it to you.

this is how one of my guildies got his mount.
    Scalo likes this.
  5. Sowy Active Member

Those dishonest behaviors are still able to be done but the grand majority of honest players are penalized under the current system.

In the current system they are no trade and not lore. So technically a "dishonest person" could still win additional ones so that they can craft additional items for their alts. However an HONEST person forced to play a key class to make groups happen is only penalized under the current situation.
    Juraiya and Mermut like this.
  6. Sowy Active Member

and the whole "random 100 and swap if you win" is inconvenient to the entire group.
    Juraiya and Mermut like this.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

only if they exclusively rely on pugs, which you can mitigate by bringing friends and filing any holes with pugs, the way i have run my groups is, we fill with friends, we try to run 6 zones, everyone gets a mat mostly (due to the fact those near the end have more limited mat choices and less chance of one dropping they can use and people with limited time)

you are assuming that you are relying solely on pure RNG rolling groups, which is the worst group setup of all for such a long tradeskill craft timeline or shiny collection. if someone is going to be dishonest, do you think it's mroe likely that a pug will be dishonest or a friend? in ether case the dishonest person can be kicked out when discovered and never let them in your groups again.

group leader keeps track of who got what, when. it's alot better then relying purely on a luck system where if your dice isn't blessed you'll never finish (and when people got close to like 5 away from finishing, we'd pass on a specific mat they needed and then they wouldn't roll till everyone got one)

the problem with lore tag is they can get around it if it's hierloom, dishonest people dump the lore item on one of their alts and keep track of which alt has which mat so they can still take whatever they want, only in a way that is easier on them then the current system and makes it a nuisance for honest players.

i've run many, many, many groups this way and got a ton of friends their mount (including new friends gained by pug fill ins) by running groups in a way that makes it hard for dishonesty to prosper.

the biggest way to kill dishonesty risk in your groups is always making the chest leader only loot at the end with you the grp leader and using the assign system, if you can run 6 zones and everyone gets a mat, dishonest people can still get a mat sneaky like.

but they can't roll +3 times in three instances in a row and win all three times, after they get the first mat they can't take anymore till everyone wins one, they can leave group but if the grp is solid you don't need them.

if someone is proven to be untrustworthy you don't have to group with them. if you don't want to risk pugs that may try to be dishonest you can underman the zones.

the way it is now is better in regards to roadblocking greedy people, because to be able to craft the stuff you need 4 mats, which means if they already have mats on their alts they can't trade the mats from their main toon to their alt to speed up their mount through dishonesty.

depends on the people you are with and their patience, i've been in many groups, if someone camps an alt in valor beforehand it takes a couple of minutes as most to swap them in and out again, not an inconvenience to kinder people, maybe to people that don't care about others or in a mad rush to finish zones.

no matter what systems DBG puts into place dishonest people will always find a way to screw honest players, 'difficulty' for honest players is the price of making it difficult for dishonest people to steal.
  8. Sowy Active Member

Maybe I'm having a case of the coffeeitis but I don't see how your large post proves that the existing system is better and setting the items to lore/heirloom is worse.

You can STILL do the loot method you described with a lore/heirloom situation, however, the people stuck in those guild groups (not random pugs) who had to play key classes to get the group going won't be screwed in the newer system.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i would support making them heirloom. it would make it easier to get things done for all involved, and after a while, folks wouldn't need quite so much of these anymore. several people are having the same problem, getting posted constantly either into tank or healer roles, and not getting their other classes done.
    Juraiya and semisus like this.
  10. knine Well-Known Member

Play your tank until you have all the items then?? Tanks are sought after, then worry about your alts. They said it was going to be alt friendly this expac but that hasn’t been the case since day one. If they decide to swap it, it won’t be until about 3 months until next xpac, Ie. The push to gear up for next expac lol.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

I guess they don't want to make the drop materials heirloom

but the bags could be at least.

yes it would make it faster ... but not as if a lot of people already farmed the mount. But also would give us more freedom to which class we play and not be punished or slow the grouping.

Everytime u need to put leader only, random 100, switch your toon if u win, get in, get it, log back.

it's not smooth.

When u think about player experience .. it's really not awesome. Plus i don't think forcing us to play too much on one toon is that great.

I'd play anyway the game, but it allowed me to do other stuff ... than farm farm farm.

(especially that u know experts are coming and you're gonna farm the exact same ones over again .. just harder )
    Juraiya likes this.
  12. d0ch0lliday131 New Member

I do have a small complaint to voice. The rune of championship V recipe. Why could they not make it an heirloom? Why did they do it no trade? I mean it's useless going through the hoops you have to jump through to get it if you can't make one for your other toons. If I'm not mistaken, you can even consign it to someone else if it's heirloom and lore. Who do we have to go to about this or should we start a petition? Cause I've been conversing with many other players and I'm not the only one with this complaint.
  13. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If you have the mats for the rune, just ask someone with a recipe to commission it for you. Just make sure it's done on the toon you would like it on.
  14. d0ch0lliday131 New Member

well, the problem there is, at least on my server anyway, that most people i have run in to, want to charge anywhere from 100 to 200,000 plus mats to make one. I mean heck They could have just made the darned thing an heirloom- lore item that way a person could make one for their alts plus help others out on their server. Just saying.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

On my server(Thurgadin) these recipes are now going cheap as 50k or even lower as lot of people have the mount. Even early, expansion no would would charge more than 50k for the craft so you are in bad server :)
  16. Sinak New Member

It is was enough work for one toon to be honest
    Make the mount claimable for every character on account.
    Drona and semisus like this.