(Suggestion) Make it Easier to get the CD Advanced Crafting Books

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Dude, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

Please, make it easier to get these books.

By doing the solo dailies/weeklies, I am well past 1060 resolve and starting to do T1 heroics. It would be nice to fill in some of my weaker gear slots with MC stuff, but by the time I get the Tailor, Weaponsmith, and Armorer books, I won't need the master crafted items from any of them.
    Karamella, Rosyposy, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  2. Gregore Active Member

Grind multiple crafters through the TS sigline, run the TS daily early in the day on them, and you'll be able to run it again later in the evening (Still no idea on reset timer?). It's a numbers/RNG game at this point. I've ran all 10 of my 110 crafters through it, and it can be done in an hour and a half by using multiple evac items, fast travel, guild rally banner, and temporarily speccing for the crafting tables you can summon from your knowledge book. I'm able to grind out 10 to 20 TS dailies a day now, and am starting to get most of the recipes. My raid main's broker boxes look like a fully stocked up Norrathian Wal-Mart too! I'm also able to make good plats ATM selling my surplus recipes. And I've been able to make a lot of refined MC gear for my guildies to jump start us in the XPAC, so we can hopefully raid sooner.
    Blazen likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The TS daily (and harvesting dailies) reset every 18hrs.

Running multiple alts to get a set of 'items' for one toon does work, but it requires the player have lots of time and/or money and isn't really a 'healthy' option for the game.
    Having the books be so rare that they are super expensive on the broker (for those books that are tradeable at all) is silly when mastercrafted gear has a very short 'shelf life' of usefulness.
    The lack of a crafting dev is clear on a number of levels... having tradeskill books being treated like high level adventure gear with the idea that they should be 'rare' and people should have to 'work', not just to get the materials to make the item, but ALSO to get the recipe and/or find somebody who can make them even for (relatively) low quality items (like the student mount gear) is one of the consequences that.
    Bhayar, Quillyne, Febrith and 4 others like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or portable crafting tables, which is what I use.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Labruja New Member

It seems the PoP crafting books seldom drop from world mobs now. I spent a few hours in plains killing random mobs and got exactly one. I don't even want to imagine how off putting this would be for a new player. Please, please do something about this? Perpetually having to run crafting dailies in two expansions is not fun.
    chattie likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The PoP advanced books are on the broker for semi-reasonable prices (for most books).

Given how rare things like the horse equipment recipes are, I would prefer NOT to see the PoP advanced recipes books dropping as part of the CD quest line. It would just further dilute the 'loot pool' with even more stuff that a good chunk of people already have many duplicates of.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Labruja New Member

Not on my server! I draw the line at paying a minimum of 100k plat for a book from the last expansion. This fake 'rarity' has made it even worse.

Yes, you're right, they should not drop as part of the CD quest line. They should drop as they used to: from mobs in PoP!
  8. chattie Well-Known Member

These books should drop from mobs out in the Planes. I don't know why the powers that be think making things rare so the price can be jacked up on broker is a lot of fun. Its not where I come from.:mad: I'm running the tradeskill dailies and while I do get recipes I also get a lot of junk, so running the dailes does not guarantee you a book. I do see a few dropping in the pq but is there where we really want them to drop? And while I'm at it could someone up there please take charge and fix the plant to respawn every 18 hours so its in sync with the rest of Norrath? Please, please, please. Been asking this since beta on AoM. But was told it gave me rares so it should be hard to get, thus every 24 hours, really? You took my goblin which gave me rares every eighteen hours and I had to work for both so none were a gimme, give me a break.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@ chattie (didn't quote because right above me)
    Having multiple places where the books come from is good I hope that doesn't get changed. I don't think there is a lot of "junk" to get, although there are some questionable items on there. Raising the drop rate on the books is a good feedback topic.

The plant is 23 hours. Still a pain since have to adjust it but at least it gives some "wiggle" room to get the plant at the time you wish. I do wish that the plant was reset at xyz time and you were able to harvest it any time during that day but it would reset the next day starting at xyz time (hopefully that makes sense lol).
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Far as I'm concerned, the damn things ought to be available for sale (like they used to be in past xpacs) from TS merchants or GH recipe merchants. Having to wait around for them to drop from mobs is ridiculous. Items you can't make should be dropping from mobs not basic advanced skill books.
    Pixistik, Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

At the very least previous expacs advanced recipes should be available that way...
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.