[SUGGESTION] Hotkey Label Abbreviation

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LaerbeeJo, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-LaerbeeJo Guest

I was hoping there'd be a suggestion forum for this but I didn't see one. I apologize if this should be under another heading.
    I use the numpad for all my spells and at the moment, the labels on the hotkeys are so long it's impossible to read them because they overlap unless your buttons are at least an inch and a half wide. However, from what I've read, this is not something I can edit and is hard-coded into the game. And, as far as I know, unless you show Icon Text in the Hotbar Settings you are unable to see charges, etc. on items in your hotbars.
    It would be lovely if the labels could be shortened to NP or even just N for numpad bound keys (for instance CN3 could mean ctrl-numpad-3). I understand this may not be something everyone would prefer so perhaps an option could be added to abbreviate.
  2. ARCHIVED-MegaMouse Guest

This is my only gripe about the UI overall. I have my main hotbar bound to NumPad1-0 but the label does not allow you to see which key is bound to which icon. It shows <Numpad#>, if only it could just show NP#.
  3. ARCHIVED-Starlina Guest

I also use the numpad for my spell casting and I would love for the <NUMPAD #> to be abbreviated. It doesn't even fit on the icons. Please allow us to change it to NP# or even N#.