Suggestion: Harvesting and Raffik

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pijotre, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Dear Daybreak Team,

first of let me start by saying I really like the new expansion so far!
    So now that that is out of the way:
    We have a new tier of harvestables with a confusing level tag as its the same as the last tier and still no way to do something with the extra raws of the old tier (apart from the Guk TS mission), I thought I'd like to pitch in my 2c of how the situation could be improved:

Levels for the harvesting tiers:

Suggestions of changes in the format (current => new):
    - Everything up to Tier 9 (SF and DoV) is fine and shows always the lowest level of its level range in the depot and the highest is 1 below the maximum achievable level in those expansions.
    - Tier 10 (Withered Lands, Cobalt Scar, Eidolon Jungle, Obol Plains, Vesspyr Islands), i.e. effulgent, rhenium ore:
    90-99 on items and 90 in depot => 90-94 on items and 90 in depot
    - Tier 11 (Tranquil Sea, Phantom Sea), i.e. incandescent, cadmium ore:
    96-105 on items and 96 in depot => 95-99 on items and 95 in depot
    - Tier 12 (Thalumbra), i.e. thaumic, splitiron ore:
    100-109 on items and 100 in depot => 100 on items and 100 in depot (Level didn't increase, which is reflected in no range)
    - Tier 12 (Obulous Frontier), i.e. shadowstone ore (keep same as Thalumbra since only new rares, similar to DoV):
    100-109 on items and 100 in depot => 100 on items and 100 in depot
    - Tier 13 (Plane of Magic), i.e. celestial, etherium:
    110-119 on items and 110 in depot => 101-109 on items and 101 in depot (should be 100 but that would be confusing and this way allows for extra tiers per level cap)
    - Tier 14 (Detroxxulous, Eryslai, Vegarlson, Doomfire), i.e. celestial(?), silvered fleck:
    110-119 on items and 110 in depot => 110 on items and 110 in depot (similar to tier 12)

Also for consistency there should be celestial material for imbueing items

Reasons: Transparency, consistency, no raws show levels they're not meant for (i.e. 105 tier 11, 109 tier 12 and 119 tiers 13 & 14) and make items distinguishable in depots.

Extra uses for (older) harvestables:

Refining:
    While I can (a teensy bit kind of maybe) understand that you don't want to introduce ways to get rid of extra raws and a way to get new rares in the current tier I hold the firm believe that such an avenue for older tiers should exist:
    The last tier in which we were able to refine raws into rares was Tier 11 and I would like to see this expanded to all tiers, but would (a teensy bit kind of maybe) understand if you were to allow it only upto tier 13 in order not to trivialize getting the new rares. However the older ones are easier to get now and it would be nice to get another way to get purified rares other than through refining rares again. In tier 12 this would be a bit difficult of course as there are 2 rare tiers for 1 raw tier as a solution either give a random ToT or KA rare or just use the ToT rares since the KA rares are seperate and can be farmed (quite easily in the empty zones) without getting extra raws.

Amalgamation:
    For the same reason as above I think it would be nice to get another amalgamation recipe (for tier 13, last was tier 12), maybe if not now then maybe as new TS content for the spring GU (+ TS weekly)? As this would inevitably mean we need a new Raffik quest here is an idea for that as well:
    Again take Raffik with you as a merc (maybe after he sends you another of his mails) to get the quest and let it take place in Awiudor as that is the only zone(style) pure TSers don't get to see as regular content (I know the CE has the house). I would imagine something along the lines of talking to Prexus and maybe the other watery gods too as either a thank you for helping to rescue his parents on the ship or as a way to ask for allowance to be a captain himself.

Thank you for your consideration of my proposals and best regards

Pijotre Kajek

p.s.: Also sent as /feedback, sorry for the wall of text
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Also while on the subject of harvesting, please extend the guild harvesters and the pack pony to Plane of Magic raws now that they are no longer current please. I'd ask for the same for the goblin but Kander already said you aren't going to update him anymore *sniff*.
  3. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Anything Raffik is ok in my book, bring it on!
    Feara, Sigrdrifa and Rosyposy like this.