Suggestion: get rid of the recaptcha verification for log in

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Alenna, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

it does not work. I have never gotten any pictures or words to type in all I get is the check mark box i'm not a robot and it takes me 3-10 trys to finally get logged in because repcaptcha failure. This is not a happy Customer service experience. if it worked
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Same here. Not really seeing a purpose for it to log into the forums, I can see a purpose to log into account management and such.
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Are you waiting for the 102 seconds for the green check mark to appear? When I get impatient and click too soon I either get the pictures or have to do the check box again. Sometimes I forget the checkbox entirely and get the pictures. Yeah, impatience can be a real pain at times lol
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

Yes I wait for green check mark and still get failure
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

The devs have to use it when they log in, too. They are not immune. Probably something a clueless suit saw on another site and figured their sites needed it, too.
    Kheldar likes this.
  6. Tallithia New Member

I dont know how long you have been playing, but back in the day when Sony owned the game we had a security breach that took down the servers for over a week. Maybe you would prefer that?
    It's security and necessary.
    Spindle, Dude and Rhodris like this.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yeah, that security breach had nothing to do with the forums.

I also notice that posting traffic has dropped off considerably in the last couple of weeks. I'm guessing the number of people struggling to log in to post is increasing and many have stopped bothering at all.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Also a significant disappearance of all the bot posts that were lighting up the forums just before the captcha thing was put in.
    Spindle likes this.