Suggestion for green adornments...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pixiewrath, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Pixiewrath Active Member

Wouldn't it be really great if some green adornments had requirements related to playing Dungeon Maker dungeons? Like kill X amount of ^^^ mobs in dungeons (grouped) or "gain X amount of tokens" etc etc?

Or kill "X amount of a specific dungeon maker mob" and so on?

That would make people start doing our dungeons again. :)

Maybe even promote the dev pick dungeons by letting some adorns only grow while running those? Or at least grow there in an enhanced speed.

Hate or love?
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Dungeon Maker is one of those "it seemed a good idea" at the time that SoE are so good at. The reality is that DM just hasn't grabbed the popular vote. I think DM should be quietly dropped and consigned to the recycle bin.
  3. Pixiewrath Active Member

It could also be improved and worth doing. The devs don't want to add chest drops so already there is a big minus since it would add so much to it and it's replayability.

Adding Dev Picks was a great incentive as well, but it was a shame it didn't include any form of bonus like token increase or exp increase or similiar.

There is a lot to do to improve it and make it better. The question is, do they want to? Or was it just a niche to bring in some quick money by selling SC items?
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

They could make it better, but I'd guess that the real issue is why would they ? I wouldn't go as far as to say DM is unpopular, just not as popular as it could have been and your points above hightlight many reasons as to why DM failed - that plus players couldn't actually design any dungeon layouts and instead had to use what SoE pre-prepared. Right now I don't see that SoE has any spare dev resouces to focus on DM, nor any incentive to make these available.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

No.
    What would make people do dungeon maker dungeons is if we could actually customize the zone in some way other than placing furniture and single mobs.
  6. Uberfuzzy Member

I think both zonewide/localized atmosphere effects, and some sort of trigger system could make really fun DM experiences (in the right hands). Just look at the amazing works people do with houses.

I want to see people make dungeons like the hollow hedge, where you have to think, and actually fight to live (and win), not just fight/die/fight piles of mobs 10 feet apart until you give up
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them separated by categories. You could have the Good (meaning that someone actually put some thought into the placement of items and mobs aside from "how many tokens can they get from this?"), the Bad (the death traps that are designed to only be doable with a specific type of merc), and the Rather Unattractive (which are the token farms that don't fit in the other categories).

That way, a player could pick the type that they wanted to visit instead of being stuck with those that have been upvoted by their friends. (That isn't to say that they should be cakewalks. Just that it shouldn't require a given piece of equipment or a given merc to complete.)