Suggestion for an update.

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Hariken, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Hariken Member

Dear EQ2 Developers.
    The game has gotten so large and that's a good thing. But you ingame map and quest tracker are really out of date. They really need an upgrade to something more user friendly. Every mmo I've ever played has done a really great job with their maps and tracker. But EQ2 map and tracker just seem to work well in the starter zones. In the upper zones not so much. And where your quest are usually chain quest it seem worse. Before the game gets any bigger could you please look into this. I know it would be a big job but it would be worth it.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is unlikely since there's EQ2Maps. I don't think DBG is going to sink man-hours into their map system when there's an easy-to-use mod that gives you so much more info.

However, that being said, as you get bigger and supposedly wiser in the ways of Norrath, the maps quit giving quite as much help. You will be expected to press "J" and actually read the full quest text in the quest journal. And if that doesn't help you enough, go to the wiki and type the name of the quest into the Search Box and get specific help that way. And BOOKMARK the wiki.
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Hariken Member

EQ2 maps is the crouch they have been leaning on for years. Let someone else make a better map for our game. I personally don't like eq2 maps because its nothing but overkill and confusing to setup so i can just find where my freaking quest location is. Its their game so they should be the ones making the map. Heck Blizzard upgraded Wows years ago. These guys need to do their own work.