[SUGGESTION] Differentiate recipe book icons a little, please

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On the left below is one of my shared bank bags, in which I have stored all the recipes for adornments and mount tack. As you can see, it's impossible to determine anything useful just looking at it.

On the right below is the same bag, but I have color-shifted some of the icons a bit. The pink book has red adorns, the green books are nail adorns, the unchanged books are white adorns, and the blue books are mount tack. Suddenly, I can tell at a glance which books I need to scan to find whatever recipe it is I am looking for.

I'd like to see this done on all recipe books that are HEIRLOOM or NO-TRADE. The books that can go into a spell/book depot are fine as is, because you can just use a text search to find what you want!

[IMG]
    AOE1, Carynn, Fangrim and 8 others like this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

WHAT SHE SAID!

I left a blank line in shared banks between types because I had the same problem.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i like this suggestion.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Me 4 :) Great idea!
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes! +1! :D

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

A most wonderful idea !
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Great idea. Wished I had thought of it.
  8. Chris Thompson Active Member

Excellent idea! Seconded!

9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or even use the colored closed book icons that come in red, orange, yellow, green, and blue! Pretty much anything that will differentiate the type of recipe for the HEIRLOOM and NO TRADE recipes.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes!! :D

But, I always thought the open books (or scrolls) were for recipes, and the closed books were for everything else (upgrades, house items, etc.)? :-/

I think your idea in the original post was an excellent one, though folks with color differentiation issues might, indeed, be better off with the more obvious book covers. :)

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Remember the books with brightly colored covers that had purple rune recipes? I still have some sitting in my GH scroll depot. So there's precedent. I've also seen recipes from rolled scrolls, yellow pages, etc., any "written item" icon could work. There's already 36 or so icons that would work Just Fine.

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! :D Yeah, I agree. ;)

And nope, never gotten into the rarefied air of purple runes (what are purple runes?). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Level 90-ish adornments. They are similar to the orange runes and red runes of other expansions.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Fabulous idea!!! That would be so helpful.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.