Suggestion: Counter damage system change

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Since TS got simpilified alot since launch, why still have hp/power damage if failed to counter??
    It serves no purpose now but to annoy us..
    At launch, it served its purpose... I remembered if I failed to counter twice on the forge.. I got killed.. I HAD to pay attention to make sure I counter them correctly. The hp damage was very well justified to be in game..
    Now.. hp/power damage.. What is that?? If I fail, I seldom get very minor damage.. It is totally safe to fail counters now without any real fear by spamming all 3 counters non-stop without paying attention now..
    My suggestion to put counters back to its usefulness.. If you miss a counter, you would get severe degradition on quality or progress of an item then you would have to work "longer" to offset that to go back to where it is. Bottomine, failing to counter = longer combine time.
    REMOVE hp/power damage cuz it serves no purpose now and BORING now..
    Honestly, I miss severe hp/power damage from failed counter in the past that sure made me focus on countering properly all the time.. It's sad that its gone for good so good time to get rid of them or change it to new system as I suggested above..
  2. ARCHIVED-Bakual Guest

It wasn't dangerous for all crafting station except the forge, so it was pointless from beginning if I follow your post. But then it annoys you, and this IS a reason to try to do it right. And the success change varies as well, I seldom see a critical success after countering wrong. You will be slower anyway if you don't counter right, even for just not getting the hidden bonus from countering correct :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Bakual wrote:
    I support reduced chance of critical success and increased chance on critical failure on failed combine. No problem.
    All I am asking is to remove hp/power damage. I turned off sound cuz it bugs me. Even with failed counters, the pace won't be that much of a difference and I rarely see critical failures even with all failed combines nowadays. I wanted to see stronger durablity/progress damage on failed counters and kill hp/power damage for good.
    TS gotten too easy that spamming all 3 counters is best way to go now. That also encourages bot programming just to spam full time without any complicated programming anymore.
    I do pay attention to counter properly simply to speed up combine time. That's it. I don't use any bot programs and never had but I could practically succcess on combine while I was half asleep by pressing 1,2,3 repeatly.. Big different from launch time that I cannot do that or I will be dead from forge's fire as supposed too. In real life, If I fall asleep, I would fall into forge and burn myself up. Heh.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Bakual wrote:
    I died at the Woodworking table :)