Subscription Error

Discussion in 'Account Related Support' started by ARCHIVED-RamierezD, Oct 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-RamierezD Guest

So, I haven't played in a long time...many years in fact. I figured that since the game is F2p I would pop on and look around at things.
    I managed to get in yesterday and ran around a bit, and now today when I try to login, it tells me that I need to setup a subscription to play.
    I've looked and can't find much of anything to help with this though I found something that said to download the launchpad 4 to install in the EQ2 directory that was from a fairly old thread and I gave that a shot.
    It's just really kind of strange since this is F2p and nobody needs a sub, and beyond that, I was just logged in yesterday without a problem.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Which, btw, the full error is "You need to setup a subscription. Please click here to start this process"
  2. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

I'd suggest verifing your cache in the launcher and then see if it works.
  3. ARCHIVED-RamierezD Guest

I was actually in the process of having it do a validate assets when I posted so I just got to test that a little bit ago and still got the same error.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

5. ARCHIVED-RamierezD Guest

That's what I was afraid of...I have a ticket open already so I'll just have to sit tight then. Thanks
  6. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

RamierezD wrote:
    curious - are you using the new launcher or are you still using the old patcher that came with the game - the old one is not supported anymore, nor does it function conrrectly
  7. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

RamierezD wrote:
    Welcome back to EVerQuest II! The game is indeed free to play so it's odd that it is requesting you to subscribe. I'd recommend submitting a ticket to our billing support team so we can figure out what's going on. It may just be a bug.
  8. ARCHIVED-RamierezD Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    I actually had fresh downloaded the game as this is a new rig and I no longer have my disks, but I did ensure I went and got the launchpad 4 as I mentioned earlier, so no dice there unfortunately.

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    Yup, I still had the ticket open from when they restored my account so I updated that with the new issue and they got me fixed up. Thanks =)
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

RamierezD wrote:
    Sweet man! Have fun Questing!
  10. ARCHIVED-leajin Guest

Don't even try to deal with their billing. They are incredibly inept. I had error problems when subbing my account back to gold and they managed to take my money from my bank account but due to their errors my money is being returned which will take 3-5 working days and all I can do is wait. Unacceptable.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

leajin wrote:
    Refunds typically take 3-5 business days to process. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Mind pming me your ticket reference number? I'll be happy to look over it and even give you the status of your refund.